Post Your Rig!

Not that you asked, but I wanted to throw some props to Suhr (thanks to Pete Thorn and Mark Day for inspiring me to get one).

I love my Suhr, although it fits a very narrow range which is the "Frankenstrat" type. I ordered it that way on purpose. I was very happy with everything and the quality control was spot on. I got it with EMG-X pickups but I'm starting to think I want to change it to non active pickups because I find the tone a little too hot for my taste, but that's not a knock on the guitar. I use it exclusively when I'm playing EVH or equivalent stuff, but I tend to favor my Les Paul for the majority of electric stuff I play because I just prefer non trem guitars in general and the LP is probably the best guitar I've owned.

My rig from a performance last Sunday

Port City Pearl 50W into Oversize 2x12

MFC101 w 2 Mission Exp pedals

The sound guy "HAD" to mic the cabinet. I tried to offer a direct, but he was totally against it.

Rb

Last edited:
The sound guy "HAD" to mic the cabinet. I tried to offer a direct, but he was totally against it.
banghead.gif

I am a big Suhr fan myself. I own 2. Absolutely love the stainless steel frets.

As far as Suhr QA, I bought my S4 new, and when I received it there was definitely some fret buzz going on. Admittedly I am a heavy hitter who is all about picking dynamics. I adjusted the truss rod myself to give it more relief and it has played killer ever since. But I had read many others having similar issues out of the factory.

My Classic I bought used (though it looks like it never left the case before I got it). It played like a champ from day 1.

DSC_1073.jpg

^ wow, gorgeous mate, suhr and prs would be the only guitars I would buy unplayed, had loads of QC issues with the majors over the years... don't get me started on Gibson lol

Pair of Zilla Cabs Studio Pro 2x12 cabs (V30 & G12H30 in both cabs) and Matrix GT800FX arrived this week. I'm very happy with my new rig. The rack on the bottom functions as a stand for the fantastic AXE FX-II and GT800FX and is otherwise redundant piece of gear:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78158915@N03/

Last edited:
Ok here we go ...
Furman
AKG Wireless
Fractal Axe FX 2
Rocktron Velocity
Mesa 2-12 Cabinet
Jackson SL-1 Soloist- Holoflake

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332267019.680509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332267019.680509.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 140
Smallrig.jpg

Finally finished downsizing my rig.
Poweramp is stil in the 6 space rack. This will only be used for home practice sessions
in conjunction with the two cabs below it.

here is a Pic fom my Setup at the moment,

Line6 Relay G50
Music Man JP BFR
Axe FX 2
MFC 101 with Ultra-Stomplabels Stomplabel
Stagg Case for the MFC101
Mission Pedals : EP1 and SP1
RCF NX 12 SMA Monitor
i change from time to time my Stomplabels... thats the "Just-Colour-Ultrastomplabel-Set"

and by the way ,Thanks to Scott Peterson, for the super Info about the RCF NX12SMA ! i love this Box !

(IMG)http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6777312/Setup.jpg(/IMG)
(IMG)http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6777312/Neutron set forum.jpg(/IMG)

Here is my current rig pic page: MagicBox

Here is the full rig picture:
full-rig.jpg

Here is my "Magic Box" picture:
MagicBox-rack.jpg

Possible Future Change:
Two of these:
JBL :: Product

(ADA rig will be stored with the ADA rack pictured here: Welcome - No plans to sell it 'cause I know I'll regret it!)

Full tonal overdose! :D

Peace.

hey ada! i have 2 mp1s and 2 mc1s. but im trying to sell one of the mp1s and mc1s so i can get a controller for the axe. interested? or know anyone thatd be interested? hah.

I Love my Ultra set up!! I built the case, it was a pain. Much harder than building a guitar :) I use the Keith McMillen SoftStep to trigger samples I recorded,
imported into NanoStudio on my ipad. I use this setup live at church and it works great.
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Gorgeous case Don! If you haven't already patented it, do you mind sharing a bit on how you built it? i.e. what materials were used for the outer shell and rack mounts, dimensions, etc. Are the MFC and other pedals velcroed on the bottom to keep them from sliding around? Does the bottom pedal board slide out/detach for gigs or is it fixed in place?

I Love my Ultra set up!! I built the case, it was a pain. Much harder than building a guitar :) I use the Keith McMillen SoftStep to trigger samples I recorded,
imported into NanoStudio on my ipad. I use this setup live at church and it works great.

DSC_0011.jpg

How much does it weigh and what are the dims? I like the compactness of this case over the SKB that I'm running.

Thanks for you nice comments NorCal! I bought all the materials from Reliable Hardware Company - Home I paid just over $200.00 for the materials. I tried to have this made from a case company
but it would have cost to much. It was really difficult to build, I'm not sure I would do it again. I used 1/4" plywood and glued the black plastic from Reliable over the wood. The pedal board does
come out, I just remove three wing nuts. The MFC and pedals are screwed in from underneath the board. Thanks for asking!
IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Hi Sixstring,
Weight is about 60 pounds. 9.5" tall, 16" deep, 29.5 wide. For the Axe II it should be about 1" deeper, I can make the Axe II fit in my case but it would be tight.
Thanks for asking!
Here is a pic of the access panel on the back.
DSC_0007.jpg

Hi Sixstring,
Weight is about 60 pounds. 9.5" tall, 16" deep, 29.5 wide. For the Axe II it should be about 1" deeper, I can make the Axe II fit in my case but it would be tight.
Thanks for asking!
Here is a pic of the access panel on the back.
DSC_0007.jpg

Hey Don,

That's a pretty slick case you have come up with. I was working on something similar but never took it out of the drawing phase and it was more of a re-work of the SKB PS100 that was foldable. I like what you have done here, it's a little on the heave side roughly 13 Lbs heaver (loaded) then the SKB rig I have now but I like the fact that it's more compact, stackable and not as cumbersome to move. Are you making these as part of a business or is it a DIY kind of thing?

EDIT: I just saw your post on the other page explaining your build process. Ha, Now you know why it was going to cost so much to have built. I did the same thing about 2 years ago and was looking at 500+ to have something like this built. The $150 fore the SKB was much easer to swallow :lol Nice job though, very well done.
Chris.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom