Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I am a singer songwriter and record on my mixer, a stereo out of the guitar from the Axe FXIII, a vocal mic (SM7B), a mic on my cajon (SM57) and a mic (SM57 Beta) on my foot pedal tambourine.

I am very new to a lot of this (just got my FXIII on Dec 29, 2021 and never had an amp modeler before), and if anyone has ideas on improvements/additions/etc, please chime in:

MyRack_2022Jan07.jpg

All mounted in a Gator GRC-10x12-PU.

Tascam Model 12 - 12 channel mixer with built in SD card recording. Can record all channels individually as well as a 2 channel stereo mix of the master output signal, for a total of 14 record channels. I NEVER recorded on it before 4 days ago (have owned it for a couple years now), but so far it has worked well. This mixer is temporarily mounted with this wood template because Tascam does not make rack ears for this model. I have a solution though but wanted to get this up and running and had some plywood laying around so I built that for now.

Storage drawer, but that is going to get moved as I am building a shelf that will slide out with my laptop fastened to it and then pivot on the x axis. I will probably go mix board out into the laptop for some situations (or desktop for that matter), but this set up gives me a lot of options.

Power supply unit. I think there are a dozen or so plugs on the back and then the 3 outlets on the front along with 4 usb power ports.

Headphone amp. I have my boards Sub send going to that. Can plug in 3 headphones to each of the 4 channels for a total of 12 headphones (not that I will ever need that many, but this was a good priced unit and I wanted the 4 channels in front). The other 8 come out the back of that unit.

Axe FXIII Turbo! Nuff said!!!

I am going to be rearranging this stuff once I build my laptop slider shelf, but for now, this is working great. Finally starting to get things dialed in and understanding how the Axe works best for me!!!

I currently have my vocal mic going into the board via a cloud lifter, then I have that channel going out to the Axe FXIII to do some comp/reverb, then back into the board on another channel. I record both of those channels giving me a raw from the mic as well as the signal after it was processed by the FXIII. Probably going to get a mic pre amp with at least 4 channels at some point and I may then merge some of the mic channels to push them through the Axe for mild effects, we shall see.

Here is a pic of my entire set up:
MySetup_2022Jan07.jpg

Would love any advice anybody would like to throw my way on my setup, either of the Axe or anything else. As I said, I am really new to all of this but having a BLAST and starting to paint my masterpiece!

I don't record so I got nothing other than to say that's a gorgeous PRS. Love that 1-piece top!
Thanks! I had wanted a PRS for decades, but could not justify based on me not playing enough and the cost. When I decided in Dec 2020 to finally get one, I searched for about a month. Then I saw this and it was all over! It is my daily go to git fiddle! I have a Hwy 1 Strat, two PRS CU24's (purchased after I played this and realized what a game changer PRS was for me and my playing), two Martins and a couple of other guitars, but this is my daily go to guitar! The tones and the lightness of it (5.6 lbs) make it a dream to play for hours on end. That one piece top is bookmatched to the back side one piece!!! I am throwing that guitar a party on Jan 15 considering that was it's "birth" date in 2021! I wish it had two things, piezo pickup and 24 frets, but I will survive! Would love to try a Majesty at some point! I have played a Stingray bass almost exclusively since the 1990's and it is one of those "can't put it down" guitars, but I play bass very little at the moment! Can't wait to hear what my Stingray does when pumped through the Axe with the right settings!!

I kinda hate to say it, because when I got it, I was like you with yours, and it became my #1, can't-put-it-down, play-it-on-every-song guitar, but since getting the Majesty (I now have 2), my CU24 stays in its case. And the PRS did the same thing for my pride-and-joy, bought-with-my-grass-cutting-money-as-a-teenager, LP Custom Silverburst. I still lust over many of the top-dollar PRS Wood Library & Private Stock guitars, but if I ever got one, it would most likely just be to enjoy the beauty.

How do
Early 2021 setup on my way to my dream rig.
The core tone is the AXE FX3 and Eventide Eclipse V4 is on the IN/OUT4 as an effects loop.
How do you like that Epiphone SH? Was going to order a lefty one after looking at Gretsch 5622 and not really thinking much of it.

How do

How do you like that Epiphone SH? Was going to order a lefty one after looking at Gretsch 5622 and not really thinking much of it.
I like it very much. For the music I want to play on it it gets very very close to the tone I'm chasing (the original tone is made with a Gibson ES335) there's a little annoyance on the electronics where if you abuse the PU switch (like Tom Morello) sometimes it goes mute and the volume pots become somewhat loose (unscrew) if you tend to over turn them. But then again, the low end brands tend to compromise on electronics to reduce price (or so we're told).

My style is one PU tone per song so I'm able to live with this off the factory limitation. On the rest, I like the sustain and the fretboard. With a proper intonation the tunning is very good. I was struggling a bit at the beginning with the tuning because the strings were old and intonation was off. With a set of fresh string intonation was done quickly and now it stays in tune.

Hope the reference helps

I like it very much. For the music I want to play on it it gets very very close to the tone I'm chasing (the original tone is made with a Gibson ES335) there's a little annoyance on the electronics where if you abuse the PU switch (like Tom Morello) sometimes it goes mute and the volume pots become somewhat loose (unscrew) if you tend to over turn them. But then again, the low end brands tend to compromise on electronics to reduce price (or so we're told).

My style is one PU tone per song so I'm able to live with this off the factory limitation. On the rest, I like the sustain and the fretboard. With a proper intonation the tunning is very good. I was struggling a bit at the beginning with the tuning because the strings were old and intonation was off. With a set of fresh string intonation was done quickly and now it stays in tune.

Hope the reference helps
Awesome - thanks!

Thanks man!

The Temple Board is a 34 Duo, the FC 12 has the end caps removed and is attached using Temple’s quick release pedal plates. The expression pedals I just removed the foot screws and re-attached through the board to mount. And then they are connected using right angle TRS 1/4 cables running through the board.
Hi there, what are the new dimensions of the FC 12 with the end caps removed?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom