Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Just finished installing new bluesbreaker grill cloth with gold piping and 6" logos last weekend. These are early 90's cabs with the greenback reissue 6402 cones. They look even better in person and sound incredible to me with the axe fx III soldano into the two powerstations. This was the first time running the axe fx into real cabs like this and I love how good it sounds. I have to say this is the best sounding "amp" I have had and exceeds my expectations.

EDIT: not basketweave, it's the Marshall Bluesbreaker reissue cloth

tempImageuSJexD.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished installing new basketweave grill cloth with gold piping and 6" logos last weekend. These are early 90's cabs with the greenback reissue 6402 cones. They look even better in person and sound incredible to me with the axe fx III soldano into the two powerstations. This was the first time running the axe fx into real cabs like this and I love how good it sounds. I have to say this is the best sounding "amp" I have had and exceeds my expectations.

View attachment 94242
very yummy indeed!!

I just bought the FX3/FC12 and want to rack mount it and take to gigs. Think small and light. I use a RCF FRFR monitor on stage. Ideally, I would set my rack face up and make all the connections from the top patch bay (I'm currently building) and leave the back on the case. I would also install a 1U vent on top for ventilation. I'll have a patch bay and power conditioner for sure and am wondering if I can use a shallow 6U rack? Anyone do something similar? Any pics of the back of your rigs may be helpful. Basically, with the plugs coming off the AXE, will the back cover fit on a shallow rack with straight plugs? Hope this makes sense.

Just finished installing new basketweave grill cloth with gold piping and 6" logos last weekend. These are early 90's cabs with the greenback reissue 6402 cones. They look even better in person and sound incredible to me with the axe fx III soldano into the two powerstations. This was the first time running the axe fx into real cabs like this and I love how good it sounds. I have to say this is the best sounding "amp" I have had and exceeds my expectations.

View attachment 94242
Hell yeah! I like your style

Cool, love the H9000 as well! Paired with the Axe-FX it is unlimited. I just wish Eventide had a forum with as much support and knowledge as this one. I have had an H9000 for a few years and feel pretty much left on my own with the thing.
They are pretty responsive I feel, there’s just not much traffic over there. Id bet at 7k for an H9000, there are probably 500 to 1 AxeFXIIIs in the wild to H9000s. They’ve always been super helpful thru tech support, too. Their pedals and plugins forums have better traffic. Pretty sure 99 dollar plugins and 300 dollar pedals are paying the bills for them. The H9000 was 10 years in development and nearly didnt happen. Further Development has been slow too, but I’m hopeful. Having 16 channels of FX in my DAW thru that one box is simply amazing!

They are pretty responsive I feel, there’s just not much traffic over there. Id bet at 7k for an H9000, there are probably 500 to 1 AxeFXIIIs in the wild to H9000s. They’ve always been super helpful thru tech support, too. Their pedals and plugins forums have better traffic. Pretty sure 99 dollar plugins and 300 dollar pedals are paying the bills for them. The H9000 was 10 years in development and nearly didnt happen. Further Development has been slow too, but I’m hopeful. Having 16 channels of FX in my DAW thru that one box is simply amazing!
Yeah, I agree that the Eventide forum is responsive, and people chime in to help and all that. There just isn’t anything really fun going on like preset sharing or regular firmware updates. I spend most of my time in this forum and just occasionally poke my head in over there and usually just see the same posts lingering forever. But they did help me sort out some problems I was having when I first got the unit. Setting that thing up also is a way more complicated scenario than connecting a Fractal unit. But you said it best, there just aren’t as many users and the unit is probably pretty rare compared to the Axe-Fx.

Yeah, I agree that the Eventide forum is responsive, and people chime in to help and all that. There just isn’t anything really fun going on like preset sharing or regular firmware updates. I spend most of my time in this forum and just occasionally poke my head in over there and usually just see the same posts lingering forever. But they did help me sort out some problems I was having when I first got the unit. Setting that thing up also is a way more complicated scenario than connecting a Fractal unit. But you said it best, there just aren’t as many users and the unit is probably pretty rare compared to the Axe-Fx.
That’s been exactly my experience as well. It took a month to learn how to set up and properly route the H9000. I had no idea how to set up my DAW I/O to do this. They were with me every step of the way. A LOT of feedback loops and weird noises before it was all sorted!
I really have a soft spot for eventide as a company. They’re not too far from my house and I know a few of their employees. I always support them and always wish them the best (same with fractal). Many similarities between the 2 as far as customer service goes and their corporate culture (or complete LACK of corporate culture).
I’d imagine a large portion of the H9000 community are production houses or large commercial studios and too busy to poke around on forums 😂.

'
Axe 3 arrived last week; here’s my WDW rig with Friedman SS100 & CAE 3+ for preamp tones.
Friedman 4x12 for dry sounds & Bogner 1x12 for wet sounds from the Matrix amp.
891_ABB39_FA48_451_F_AC9_E_175_A7_DD82942.jpg
Whats the midi controller?

Back
Top Bottom