Post Here if You've Received An FM3 Invite!

Well, according to the text I saw if you buy the non-headphone version, your name is taken off the list. I could be wrong.

Well, according to the text I saw if you buy the non-headphone version, your name is taken off the list. I could be wrong.

It's definitely taken OFF the list, but doesn't mean you can't sign up again in the back of the FM3 line to purchase the headphone version when your name comeAttach filess up again in 2022. :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
I definitely would LOVE to have the headphone jack unit. However, if my names comes up in this run, I'm going to purchase because the fact that someone says it's coming in April at this point means very little to me. That could mean ANYTHING. It's not a given - there may be all kind of delays once again for the 100 different reasons reason were so many delay up until now (and future delays may not be controllable by Fractal at all - it could be the manufacturer), and even now the full production units are still not available. So if I do get the invite, I'll find a workaround for the headphone jack. No way I'm going through THAT again. :)

Kind of a bummer this happened. I feel yall, fractal. It's okey.
Kinda sucks that there will be some FM3's without headphone jacks layin around ebay in the future, and you'll always have to ask "Is this the one with or withtout the headphone jack?"

Though, silver lining - Save 50 bucks for a feature you don't need?
Meh, may be a really good deal for someone.
Less parts - less ways the unit can fail, heh :)

Myself, Though I don't particularly use the headphone jack on my Axe FX 2, I can imagine bringing the FM3 to a hotel sometime and wishing there was a headphone jack... Good thing it's not apple and the future FM3's will actually have a jack for headphones.

Brainstorming... Is the headphone circuit on a separate board?
If so, Fractal will have these circuits as spare replacement parts... So, a FM3 owner without the headphone jack could actually buy the board from support and build it into his FM3 himself...
If not, It may not be that difficult of a hack to make a headphone jack yourself...
Like... Buy a tiny headphone amp circuit on ebay, route output 1 into it, and build it in...

Very good point by LyricBread... I’ve no idea of the numbers/ figures here..., but it may be worth considering that a huge number of people on the FM3 waitlist aren’t even active on this forum... so invites could well be going out in larger numbers than indicated by the (lack of) responses on this thread.

Kind of a bummer this happened. I feel yall, fractal. It's okey.
Kinda sucks that there will be some FM3's without headphone jacks layin around ebay in the future, and you'll always have to ask "Is this the one with or withtout the headphone jack?"

Though, silver lining - Save 50 bucks for a feature you don't need?
Meh, may be a really good deal for someone.
Less parts - less ways the unit can fail, heh :)

Myself, Though I don't particularly use the headphone jack on my Axe FX 2, I can imagine bringing the FM3 to a hotel sometime and wishing there was a headphone jack... Good thing it's not apple and the future FM3's will actually have a jack for headphones.

Brainstorming... Is the headphone circuit on a separate board?
If so, Fractal will have these circuits as spare replacement parts... So, a FM3 owner without the headphone jack could actually buy the board from support and build it into his FM3 himself...
If not, It may not be that difficult of a hack to make a headphone jack yourself...
Like... Buy a tiny headphone amp circuit on ebay, route output 1 into it, and build it in...
Units from the first production run of FM3 have no headphones jack or circuitry. These units are functionally identical in every other way to later production units with a headphones jack (expected April, 2020). To reduce the wait for the many customers who don't care about this feature, we decided to offer these units at a reduced price rather than partially scrapping them ($949 vs 999). There would be no way to upgrade.

The positive take on this is that those who don't want this feature can get a unit sooner; those who do want this feature will have fewer people in line in front of them.

Y cable from OUT1, done.

Can be good enough for many, but slightly flawed: When connecting headphones, the audio level for Out1 will drop.
To avoid that, as I understand, the headphone output should at least have a buffer. And if it has a buffer, it might as well have an amp to raise the audio level for headphones, but not Output 1, as it may be way too quiet.

This is great. I vote for specs changing in each run. Maybe next run it's Blue, the next with wheels, etc. 🤯🤩
I will buy any of them for sure.
So not a real problem for me :D

Send me an invite cliff. I’ll gladly take one without a head phone jack lmao I’m not 7 years old. I wanna melt faces on stage not play in my bedroom to myself

Back
Top Bottom