Poly phonic Pitch detection? Polytune type tuning?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I am wondering if the Axe 3 is going to incorporate polyphonic pitch detection? Other devices can do it. I wonder if this is on the horizon in the new version?

Pitch tracking has been improved and we know there is a quad voice in the pitch shifter, but that's about all the info we have so far

Polyphonic tuning on the Axe III would absolutely make my day. I love my Polytune, and it'd be great to have a similar tuner in the Axe so I don't have to have the actual pedal in my rig- right now I split the cable from my wireless and send one side of the split to the Polytune, which sits propped up on top of the rack. It'd be gravy to just have polyphonic tuning running through the Axe foot pedal.

I’d definitely liked to know. I know a lot of people have asked. I’m guessing it doesn’t otherwise the folks at Fractal would have said “yes” by now.

Yes it is still a monophonic synth. It can only read one note at a time. You can't play chords into it.
It's actually a polyphonic synthesizer, because you can play chords out of it. It just doesn't have polyphonic pitch detection.

Semantics.... we're essentially on the same page. I would call it a multi voiced monophonic synth as contradictory as it sounds. I would only call it polyphonic if it could actually process chords and output them.

pol·y·phon·ic
ˌpälēˈfänik/
adjective
  1. producing many sounds simultaneously; many-voiced.
    "a 64-voice polyphonic sound module"
    • MUSIC
      (especially of vocal music) in two or more parts, each having a melody of its own; contrapuntal.
    • MUSIC
      (of an instrument) capable of producing more than one note at a time.

But yes, we're essentially on the same page. :)

Back
Top Bottom