POD HD vs. Axe FX once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch said:
Wouldn't it be easier to just get a better soundcard for like 400 than a converter for 2000?

Ah. Pro Tools...
Never mind.

What I said...

Now ditch PT, get Reaper :mrgreen:

Dutch said:
Wouldn't it be easier to just get a better soundcard for like 400 than a converter for 2000?

Ah. Pro Tools...
Never mind.

protools 9 you can use any ASIO soundcard.

If Samplitude is too expensiv for you, you can give a look to OhmStudio when it will be released.

Sebastian said:
Dutch said:

Ah. Pro Tools...
Never mind.

What I said...

Now ditch PT, get Reaper :mrgreen:

I'm not directly addressing any pro tools responses with any suggested substitutes, other than the fact that I am in the middle of the official Avid Pro Tools certification program taught at a Major studio - a course in which a very limited umber of people have their expert levels in the world.

I finished the 100 level courses, and am proceeding to the 200 level HD courses. After that will be the 300 level courses which have exams that require the rental of major studios to take the Icon worksurface exams. By the end of the course, about NINE 400-500 page textbooks for pro tools alone would have been complete.

Pro Tools Certification List

100 Levels for LE: 101, 110, etc... PT LE Courses - proceeds to:

200 Levels for HD: 201, 210, etc...
Pro Tools Operator Music - proceeds to:
to the 300 Levels for Pro Tools Expert Music

200 HD levels for Pro Tools Operator Post - proceeds to the:
300 Levels for Pro Tools Expert Post

Other 300 Levels:
ICON Mixer
VENUE Operator
Worksurface Operator

This is the reason why they do not teach Reaper or Cubase at any technical institution either - all of it is Pro Tools if the institution considers itself reputable. I have seen nothing but pro tools ONLY taught at all major technical institutions and all minor technical institutions. I have for curiousity's sake decided to research universities too and found nothing but pro tools as well in the curriculums that actually offer technical stuff in universities.

That is my refutation to any denial that Pro Tools is industry standard. Therefore I have no reason to believe any other substitute is up to par, and have every reason to believe that the Audio Engineering society - in which all my professors at Seneca College are members of - are correct when they still indicate that Pro Tools is "light years ahead of all other DAWS".

Thanks.

:mrgreen:

No need to get defensive. People were suggesting alternatives only because they perceived that it would be a potentially easier solution to what it seemed you were trying to accomplish.

Your last statement about addressing denials that Pro Tools is an "industry standard" was probably unecessary. I don't recall anyone stating in this thread that Pro Tools is not an industry standard. Appeared to simply be an attempt to help, with some "snark" thrown in for good measure.

A simple statement from you along the lines of "I'm not really into any software/hardware alternatives to Pro Tools, as I have made a personal, musical, or work related decision to use it"...

No need to state all your reasons, nor any reason to get offended at all the PT jokes...it's your decision...and a statement like the above would keep people focusing on helping you find solutions other than a PT substitution...probably not stop the PT jokes though.. :)

Shaloha said:
No need to get defensive. People were suggesting...

LOL! uh, did I get defensive? Who says I got defensive? I dont seem to be able to see where I might have. And I dont even seem to be able to see where defensiveness could even remotely be perceived.

Im sorry but theres tons of misinterpretation here. I was only clarifying - you know, just in case. But it was also the most appropriate response to the suggestion to ditch the most ideal DAW. And the refuting logic has dictated that I should not ditch such a product and the reasons state why so. Perhaps that person was simply not informed about the best of the best.

And as usual we have our same two agitators on here as per the last two posts, but there is nothing they can agitate here as they have not even provided a relevant response to anything I responded to that was relevant - in this case someone else who first suggested a different DAW. It seems these two have lots of time on their hands... far too much.

Wow... the things people get their kicks off of.

steadystate said:
WOW! I sense the birth of yet another entertaining derail.

And are you suggesting I derailed it?

Don't think so buddy. Nice try there, but i think you can hang up your attempts at agitation.

Seriously some people need to get a life.

Calm down Tone_Freak. There's nothing wrong with suggesting an alternate DAW. Also, don't confuse "standard" with "light years ahead of...".
You've got to start giving others a bit of credit.

Tone_Freak said:
Perhaps that person was simply not informed about the best of the best.

That person (which happens to be me) had put a big fat :mrgreen: after the comment in order to be understood as "not serious".
You just ignored that. I don't care what DAW you use and for what reasons.

Oops.

Sorry.

I really was being serious about the other interface. That would just seem a much cheaper and better solution... And I just reread the post above my first and it seems I was totally uncalled for. Not one of my clearest moments I guess...
To be honest I have no knowledge of PT other than what I read and I have read several accounts of AVID practices involving PT and the exclusive associated interfaces that were less than satisfactory for the users involved.
Didn't mean to cause such a derailment, I said never mind and I meant that. Should have known better with internetforae, though.

Anyway.

i also agree that some of their interfaces are less than ideal in the LE and M-powered line, but the HD line is a different story. i guess thats why i'll use an apogee before the interface. in other words this situation has been figured out as i found out the rosetta does real time SRC to up convert the axe from 48 to 88 or 96.

tgunn said:
Calm down Tone_Freak.
Please demonstrate where I was anything but.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting an alternate DAW. Also, don't confuse "standard" with "light years ahead of...".
You've got to start giving others a bit of credit.

I never said there's anything wrong with suggesting another DAW. But I showed why such an option would be highly irrational. But also, considering Im mastering a piece of software which is the only one which you can do everything with the keyboard only and no mouse, I highly doubt it would be wise for me to go to another one.

Sure I can give other DAWs the same credit as Pro Tools LE. But how can I possibly do that with PT HD? That would be like comparing Guitar Rig 4 to the Axe FX, or the softsynth Massive to the Virus.

If the Axe FX is that far ahead of plug-in modeler and line - 6 stuff, then one of the reasons would also be getting what you pay for. Well then do you know how much one of those Pro Tools HD cards cost?

Tone_Freak said:
[quote="mark_melling":e73291ij]

:roll:

Thanks for the edit. I am glad you realized that a reply to a challenge does not make me a troll.[/quote:e73291ij]

No it doesn't...but your history on this forum tends to suggest something very different not to mention your acoustic_wizard days, remember those...

Edit was for my benefit not to get involved again with your self serving games!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom