Closed Please more preset room

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how much resources are left, but I wouldn’t want additional preset space to take away from additional new amps/effects/features. Once resources are allocated I imagine they can’t be recovered or risk breaking existing user setups.

I can delete presets to get more preset room, but I can’t get more space for new features.

I agree there can be some inconvenience to load and unload preset packs when wanting to audition lots of presets at once, but once a pack is loaded I like to keep my favourites and delete the rest.

With channels and scenes, how many presets do people need to play a gig or work a session before they have a chance to unload and load some new banks?

Please more preset room. I can’t even load in all the great preset packs I purchased without doing backups and restores.
At minimum would need 1024. It has to be easy to implement.

Probably easy to implement on a technical level. But if this is a good trade off is another question. Hopefully there is an abundance of resources and adding more presets is an easy decision!

With Axe Edit you can easily load in a single preset, or you can load banks, etc......

It’s kind of funny.... I’ve owned so much gear that had people asking for an editor/library software to no avail, and then here we’ve got a great free one with Axe Edit but people are wanting to store thousands of presets in internal memory....

Believe me, this is not the first wish thread about this..I think I recall Cliff being fairly definitive about it not happening but not I’m not sure ..Ive gotten used to it but remains a pain on occasion.

What is the use case for needing more presets than currently available, when presets can be easily saved/loaded using axeedit? Genuine question.

Easy: preset file management. I like having my fav presets onboard. I also often stick to the front panel controls, so loading AE, finding the folder etc., simply means more steps.

What is the use case for needing more presets than currently available, when presets can be easily saved/loaded using axeedit? Genuine question.
As Ive mentioned before, some of us are less organized than others.....I am sort of a slob , in my digital habits as well, and the ol memory ain’t what it used to be either, so things can easily get lost in the shuffle of backups and loading banks for beta testing, etc.....I think the current setup is pretty
Great though, for most folk and situations.....and what Yek said.

This has already been discussed several times. Unfortunately, Cliff said it is impossible.

p.s.: when having several huge preset collections, saving/restoring the presets at the computer is a real pain in the ass

Impossible. Give me a memory chip and a little code and I’ll warm up my soldering iron. Nothing is impossible 😂

Any chance of leveraging a USB thumb drive connected (via the necessary adaper) to the USB port in the back to store extra banks?

If a bit of code could be snuck in to connect to the thumb drive's file system, and swap a stored bank for a bank in the AxeFX3, that would give at least some of the wish, even if it was something you'd have to swap out on set break rather than plug in and use in real time.

Any chance of leveraging a USB thumb drive connected (via the necessary adaper) to the USB port in the back to store extra banks?

If a bit of code could be snuck in to connect to the thumb drive's file system, and swap a stored bank for a bank in the AxeFX3, that would give at least some of the wish, even if it was something you'd have to swap out on set break rather than plug in and use in real time.

Might also depend how flaky this option could end up. Depending on the quality of flash drive a user used, could make things a little mite unstable than FAS likes. More support requests, more things to go wrong etc.

Might also depend how flaky this option could end up. Depending on the quality of flash drive a user used, could make things a little mite unstable than FAS likes. More support requests, more things to go wrong etc.
I get that, but they seem to be a lot more stable than they were years back, so maybe they would be ok.

No, the USB port is a USB peripheral. It would require being a USB host along with power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom