Please help buy my monitors or FRFR

In essence I’m getting a $2000 system for $1000....however, all this talk of the A7x etc has made me just a little loopy
If that's shipped, I'll take that setup if you don't want it. :D

I'm looking at a used set of A7s here for $500 and thinking I'll swap my Tannoy 501s with them.

Honestly, buy something and learn them. There's no perfect setup.

The space is a hard wood floor studio room, without insulation or soundproofing, just basic border/edge furniture like the amp, the stand, the rack, the monitors, the computer, but empty otherwise

The room is about 10x15’

That’s a great and important question too, thanks for asking dude

If that's shipped, I'll take that setup if you don't want it. :D

I'm looking at a used set of A7s here for $500 and thinking I'll swap my Tannoy 501s with them.

Honestly, buy something and learn them. There's no perfect setup.
No its local only dude, otherwise I would have definitely just bought it. I have to go pick it up with cash

But your deal is better dude, a PAIR for $500? I had to talk this guy down from 1200 for the triplet

But if you feel that way, i just made contact with him and said i would take it next week, and i do hope i do...in the meantime, ill field some q and a and see what i should do ....

Someone asked a similar question on here recently. I have a pair of Adam T7V and a pair of M-Audio BX8 1st gen. The Adam T7V sound amazing for the price and if you watch for sales on MusiciansFriend.com you can get 15% off.

What kind of speakers are you used to listening to? If you go from low quality speakers to high quality, things will sound really different. I also have a pair of mid priced Pioneer car speakers in small speakers boxes that are on both sides of me on the floor, similar to a car. I always reference mixes on them and make notes how each instrument sounds in the mix compared to my Adam T7V's and when I get a good balance between both, the mixes sound great through everything from a cell phone to PA system.

There's a YouTube channel called Digital Stereophony https://www.youtube.com/user/skubny/videos and they compare direct audio with different speakers, so you can get a good real world comparison.

They haven't reviewed the Yamaha HS8 but they have a comparison of the HS7 vs T7V.

Yea. I just got in touch with the guy selling them. We'll see...
If it doesn’t happen can I have that man? $500 for the pair is exactly what I wanted so I’ll buy and send u shipping label?

Likewise I’ll give you my deal, I can buy this guys listing and ship to you
What’s u think ? You buy Fed ex shipping label for you’re and I’ll do same and we’ll send to one anothe ?

If it doesn’t happen can I have that man? $500 for the pair is exactly what I wanted so I’ll buy and send u shipping label?

Likewise I’ll give you my deal, I can buy this guys listing and ship to you
What’s u think ? You buy Fed ex shipping label for you’re and I’ll do same and we’ll send to one anothe ?
He's in SF. Seems older. Not sure he'd ship. I passed. Just going to go to wait. I don't need to do this right now.

Ad is here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/d/san-francisco-2-adam-a7-active-studio/6923687524.html

I have had the original A7's and Sub8 for a decade now. I also had some A7X's for a weekend when a friend purchased them. They are different. The A7X's had more bottom end than the originals and the top end while more pronounced seemed smoother and less crisp to me if that makes any sense. I happen to like that "crispy" ADAM tweeter sound. Alone, the A7x's would be superior over the A7's. However, in my humble opinion, the A7's with a SUB8 get you all the low end you need. 1K seems like a great price. If there is nothing wrong with the gear I doubt you would be disappointed.

I gotta say right off the bat this forum has the best group of gentlemen I’ve come across in ANY capacity: truly altruistic and generous men.

Thanks to iaresee not only have a pair of excellent monitors that I needed as my right speaker is damaged and hissing, but he’s actually restored my faith in mankind

Last edited:
It"s good to see someone express them self in such a way IMHO, it shows the measure of the man. Kudos to you sir!

I've traveled the same path as you, so know where you are coming from.

This is a truly great forum full of very talented people who are willing to share their knowledge generously. I'm glad you are sorted, have some fun and enjoy the AxeIII and your new speakers as you await the return of your son.
Cheers!

I gotta say right off the bat this forum has the best group of gentlemen I’ve come across in ANY capacity: truly altruistic and generous men.

Thanks to iaresee not only have a pair of excellent monitors that I needed as my right speaker is damaged and hissing, but he’s actually restored my faith in mankind

I know that sounds crazy but my son was kidnapped(by his mothers extended family)
; mother is a bipolar felon unfortunately, a little over a month ago and while we are working with authorities to end it and return him to his daddy and grandma and grandpa, it’s seemed like life was ending not long ago for me , but then a stranger pops out of nowhere to go to bat for me on the opposite side to thre country to help me out because I honestly couldn’t afford anything else and the 1000 offer I had to let go of due to lack of funds

I know no one wants to hear that type of stuff on here but I said to show what a hard time I’m going through YET a nice gesture from a few nice dudes on our forum and I don’t feel like god hates me anymore because someone was finally nice to me

I know I know
Sounds pathetic but I’m just being honest
Forgive my vulnerable transparency but it’s the 4th and my son still hasn’t heard his daddy’s voice in a month and it just makes me hope someone else out there is being nice to him for his daddy(he just turned 3 a month ago )

Thanks again @iaresee and also all of you great guys on here . Iaresee May be the first to have shown me a real world kindness but I have no doubt from talking to you that there are other very good people here too

I want you all to know you can come to count on me In the same way, especially whEN my boy is back !!!

Unfortunately, I understand that kind of darkness my friend. I wish you peace and hope for the safe and timely return of your son.

I have a pair of QSC K10.2"s they are really clear for FRFR. I was wondering if they had a setting on the monitor just for modeling so I called them, they will be putting a new product out soon that is affordable to the masses and made just for this use,. They also told me that they are doing a video to help do a setup with modeling, Of course I begged them to use a axe 3. They say they will use a well known guitarist for the video!! soooo lets see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom