Please help buy my monitors or FRFR

I want the Adam a7x pair but it’s too much
To pair them

Should I consider it as an FRFr single monitor lol?

Otherwise what can I get in a pair that’s almost as good but slightly cheaper or more

Two choices please, one for FRFR other for studio monitors, unless you really think your options is what would suit best then please say so

$500-750 for the pair

Thanks
Happy fourth

I have the A7X and have listened to just one a few times. While it works you miss out on all the stereo effects. Have you considered the Adam T7V ? A pair of those would fit your price range. If I was in your position I think I’d probably take a pair of T7s over one A7.

You know you guys have given me an awesome suggestion pair right there. HS8 vs T7 now?!>!> lol
The HS8 looks very promising, and i mean, they are the standard....almost cult like fans in some places lol

Ok if anyone sees any HS8 for sale please LMK, likewise anyone in NY/NJ willing to drop them off to the Bronx, I’m here :)

Ok so HS8 and one more nominee please

Last edited:
I looked at a bunch. I use my monitors for the Axe III and for mixing music.
I am very happy with Yamaha HS8 pair and the matching subwoofer.
Look around online. You can get them at decent prices.
I have these and they work fine. One thing I did notice in my setup is that the headphones are set to output one and I am using that for my amp and speakers. I have output 2 set for FOH and that is the main output I need to be more concerned about so that what is heard in the system is at it's best. Going to move the FOH output from output 2 to output1 so I can also use headphones to check what is going out as well. I have my amp and speakers to monitor what I have on stage so no need for monitors.

That’s a
I have these and they work fine. One thing I did notice in my setup is that the headphones are set to output one and I am using that for my amp and speakers. I have output 2 set for FOH and that is the main output I need to be more concerned about so that what is heard in the system is at it's best. Going to move the FOH output from output 2 to output1 so I can also use headphones to check what is going out as well. I have my amp and speakers to monitor what I have on stage so no need for monitors.
i love that idea....i have to re read the manual, but i think multi outs would even work, like imagine 4 studio monitors at once? That would be quite loud...

I’ve been using 115 HC Peavy for my studio I know it’s kind of over kill but they sound great and I can get my gig sound pretty close.
I’ve had these speakers for a long time and and there great for practice and all around sound.
I have Klipsch speakers and subwoofer on my computer.
Amazon product ASIN B07NQ1P3Y7Anyway these work for my use and needs ;):p:D

Happy Fourth July🎸

Thank you for that.... I was looking at a Peavey KB that was on sale, but this looks better, Fred. Thanks

Also guys, Ive been researching the Adam A7, and the pair is $1500 + it seems people HIGHLY recommend the subwoofer to boot so were lookin at $2000 minimum, is that right?

I know the Axe is amazing, but is 1-$2000 too much to spend on monitors? I really need to know because I’m thinking I need an upgrade from Bx8a’s with their wonderful buzzing lol but i dont know where to cap my limit where it “makes sense”

What do you fellas think? For someone moving from Bx8a’s, which are about $300 for the pair, is going up to $500-800 a pair more reasonable, or for that amount of money, and for the cost/long term of the quality, is going in for a $2000 Adam setup best? Like it seems people with the Adam usually keep them a long time. And i only heard of one person “upgrading” which begs the next and my last question, “ What the hell could you possibly be upgrading to FROM an Adam A7 w/ sub?”??????

Thanks fellas

PS these monitors serve a dual purpose of both my main rig/playing/practicing AND for mixing/editing/mastering my music
There are good products in all price ranges, but given that the monitors are the last thing to get to your ears, IMO you cant spend too much on them, spend as much as you can afford.

WOOOWWWWWWWW!!!! I just heard about the Focal solo at $3000/ pair from another person, and i was literally in disbelief that monitors were that much...then again, there’s a next level almost for everything (except for the axe 3, and maybe that’s why my standards are off, I’m trying to match the superlative with the invincible ... when thats askew, i have to learn to accept and settle lol

I am about to pull the trigger on an Adam Pair with sub 8 for one grand cash, yay or nay?!

In our office we use Adam A7's, A7X's, A5X's, and the new T7Vs. Out of those the A7Xs are definitely clearer and have and have better bass response (especially compared to the A5Xs) but they are all great speakers. I was surprised by how good the T7Vs sound, they are by no means a huge step down. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of them, get whichever ones you budget allows.

In my home studio (which is small) I use the A5Xs paired with a Sub7. They sound great on their own but what really made a huge difference is when I profiled my room using Sonarworks Reference. It added a lot more balance and clarity especially when mixing.

What kind of space are you going to be using them in? I got A5X for my home studio because the A7s would just have been too big.

Value-wise, I think $1000 is a pretty good deal for a pair of A7s and an Adam sub..

Back
Top Bottom