Please help buy my monitors or FRFR

I looked at a bunch. I use my monitors for the Axe III and for mixing music.
I am very happy with Yamaha HS8 pair and the matching subwoofer.
Look around online. You can get them at decent prices.

How important is the hs8subwoofer for guitar? The hs8’s have decent bass response already, so I’m curious if the subwoofer would provide any noticeable realism.

Thanks for all the help with the monitor and the support
I super appreciate it guys

Ian is a top notch quality person. I am glad he could help you out and don't find it at all surprising that he did. This is truly a great forum full of generous and giving people. I am sure I speak for many in wishing your issues and struggles getting your son back come to an end shortly and happiness prevails.

He really is,and so are you guys. Thank you for kind words, they are really meaningful to me.

Guys my last questions before i wanna close this thread is
1)What do you guys think? Get an adam a7 pair for 500 + 80 shipping or a7 pair for 630 with warranty from GC?a
If the second buy a warranty right?

I told for 559 they re perfect
Lmk

You know you guys have given me an awesome suggestion pair right there. HS8 vs T7 now?!>!> lol
The HS8 looks very promising, and i mean, they are the standard....almost cult like fans in some places lol

Ok if anyone sees any HS8 for sale please LMK, likewise anyone in NY/NJ willing to drop them off to the Bronx, I’m here :)

Ok so HS8 and one more nominee please
Check Reverb, they have a bunch of pairs for sale. Amazon is selling combo packs but not sure if they will save you any money over just buying separately.

THey do, but shipping is CRAZYYY 100 for shipping on the lowest one so 625 ain’t bad but i think i got the deal of the month

2, that’s right,a pair of Adam A7 with FREE 2 day fed ex shipping including tax for only $575!!!!!

Thanks Ian, you can pretty much lock er up, cuz i done and bought em

THey do, but shipping is CRAZYYY 100 for shipping on the lowest one so 625 ain’t bad but i think i got the deal of the month

2, that’s right,a pair of Adam A7 with FREE 2 day fed ex shipping including tax for only $575!!!!!

Thanks Ian, you can pretty much lock er up, cuz i done and bought em
Sweet well you have to let us know what ya think of them once you’ve gotten and used them.
It will be along time before we have a house because of Hurricane Michael last October still living in our driveway in a 5th wheel.
Man I hope things get better for you soon. I hate that you have to go through the things that you are going through.
I know it can wear you down! We have lost 8 going on 9 months of our life’s and our insurance says the Hurricane didn’t wreck our house we are blessed we lived through a Cat 5 Hurricane and things are still really messed up.
I think we’re going to hire an Attorney this week we need a house. And I don’t think will see one till next year some time ugh!
Contractors are so busy you can’t get one if we were ready Ugh!

So I hope your new speakers work great for you. Hang in there brother things will get better :)

How important is the hs8subwoofer for guitar? The hs8’s have decent bass response already, so I’m curious if the subwoofer would provide any noticeable realism.
I looked into this heavy when making my decision. I said to myself I need at least the Adam A7, if I cant get the Focal or the other ones people talkin about for like $2000 a monitor lol....so

I researched many many posts from Gearslutz, and all the music forums, and here’s what i gathered: with the A7, if you are doing any music besides EDM/techno/electronic, which is bass intensive, then you’re not just fine, you dont need a sub at all. Only for the aforementioned ones do you need a sub8. Additional, many people prefer the adam a7 to the a7x. The a7x does not need a sub, it has a much more wider bass field, so it is more inclusive for ALL genres including the EDM. What people prefer is the Adam a7 for the open, top, very clear very bright high/top end. So in some ways, the adam a7 retain their place as one of the #1 spots of monitors (definitely the best pair $2000 or under from my reading)

This was confirmed by my seller, who asked me what I was using it for. I told him the axe fix iii and basically heavy metal/guitar, and he said, he didnt want to sell me the sub8 because he felt i didnt need it. So that confirmed it for me, when a studio engineer is clearing house and he has an opportunity to make more money, and he already had me as a customer hooked anyway, and he gave me his honest answer as a rock engineer, so i hope that helps anyone who is into the Adam A7 like myself

Oh sorry Fred, if that wasn’t clear.
The dude sent those pics to me and he shipped them out yesterday **(Monday) and
They will be here next week on Monday
I just wanted you guys to see what i got before hand, sorry about that dude

My bad I must have not had enough coffee I guess I clearly didn’t read what you posted lol.
I need to pay better attention I have way to many things on my plate right now.
Hope things are going good for you :)
I must have jumped right to the pictures and thought the best for you o_O:D

THANKS MAN I LOVE IT i mean i really love it

I’m totally obsessed with my axe+fc6+rg2228 and when these monitors get here ill be hooked like crack Cocaine man lol

Seriously, i cant stop messing with my axe, running my DAW, trying to record, i mean it sounds AMAZING!!!!

CRAZY THING IS FRED, MY BX8A RIGHT MONITOR BLEW

So its just in time, I cant wait for the weekend to be over cuz i cant hear anything in stereo right now

I got these Projax to help with the sound, they look to be much better than traditional foam https://rabaudio.com/projax

I cant afford a rack right now otherwise I’d like to get two stands and a workstation for my laptop (i7-7500,16GB ram, SSD, 1tb external) and I’m running Studio one 4, and I’m really trying to learn with cooper....i never had so much on my plate, but i am enjoying it i tell you

Anyway, I’m. A happy camper, soon to be thrilled with Adam!!!

THANKS MAN I LOVE IT i mean i really love it

I’m totally obsessed with my axe+fc6+rg2228 and when these monitors get here ill be hooked like crack Cocaine man lol

Seriously, i cant stop messing with my axe, running my DAW, trying to record, i mean it sounds AMAZING!!!!

CRAZY THING IS FRED, MY BX8A RIGHT MONITOR BLEW

So its just in time, I cant wait for the weekend to be over cuz i cant hear anything in stereo right now

I got these Projax to help with the sound, they look to be much better than traditional foam https://rabaudio.com/projax

I cant afford a rack right now otherwise I’d like to get two stands and a workstation for my laptop (i7-7500,16GB ram, SSD, 1tb external) and I’m running Studio one 4, and I’m really trying to learn with cooper....i never had so much on my plate, but i am enjoying it i tell you

Anyway, I’m. A happy camper, soon to be thrilled with Adam!!!
Man good thing you ordered those Adam A7’s right:D
I wish I could put my studio back together but insurance is denied our broken trusses, broken brick wall, & windows I sure don’t know how they can even do that to people man that’s got to be criminal.

Pretty frustrated from dealing with insurance today looks like it’s time to hire an Attorney.

Going to have to find a gig for the band so I can get out an play. Hope things are going better for you.

This is what I’m using in our trailer at least I can get some enjoyment out my new fractal Axe Fx III & Fc12 not much room for anything else. Gotta keep smiling :)
image.jpg

I love my a7x’s. If you watch Reverb you can get a pair for around $1300. I have not found I need a sub. I would do room treatment before that anyways. It hurt to buy them lol but I have no regrets.

I passed on a set of A7X for 1000 bucks, i didnt feel spending double for the A7 was worth it after all the reviews said they are comparably amazing, and I’m not saying yours isn’t better, I’m just saying from what i read, the A7 is what I’m looking for, esp. the bass/treble difference in the profiles....

In fact I’m so excited, they are in the local hub a mile away, sitting in the delivery truck waiting to be delivered on MONDAY!!!!! YAY!

I passed on a set of A7X for 1000 bucks, i didnt feel spending double for the A7 was worth it after all the reviews said they are comparably amazing, and I’m not saying yours isn’t better, I’m just saying from what i read, the A7 is what I’m looking for, esp. the bass/treble difference in the profiles....

In fact I’m so excited, they are in the local hub a mile away, sitting in the delivery truck waiting to be delivered on MONDAY!!!!! YAY!
Sweet that’s Awesome there almost to there new home :)

Back
Top Bottom