playing the biggest show of my life in 3 weeks aprox. 6-7000ppl any advice?

Poop before you go on stage. Thats a word of advice from Jerry Cantrell. I try to live by it.

Seriously though I would have a back up of EVERYTHING and know your rig inside and out especially the weak points. Most nationals stage mangers and sound guys aren't particularly fond of the "locals" so if you have any issues they aren't going to be very patient while you tear apart your rig searching for the reason you're not getting a signal.

The biggest advice is enjoy yourself and be confident obviously there's a reason your band got the gig in the first place so to rock out (if that's your band's thing) and love every quick monent of it.....congrats!

thanks! trying to get a guitar tech for the day so he can help me out as well . and especially since i cant speak korean to the sound guy ahah

That's killer, if you're the type that doesn't get nervous (I haven't ever been nervous to play live, i dont know why, guess i got lucky haha), then all you need to worry about is your gear, and your performance. make sure you have a backup for everything that you believe has the chance of going bad, and that you plan how you're going to set up on stage along with what needs to be connected to what, and all should be good!

Don't be tempted to look at the drummer. There's nothing more off putting for an audience than band members who don't interact with the crowd.

thanks man will remember that. we have no drummer tho :( just a beatbox dude so i will look at him hehe!

That's killer, if you're the type that doesn't get nervous (I haven't ever been nervous to play live, i dont know why, guess i got lucky haha), then all you need to worry about is your gear, and your performance. make sure you have a backup for everything that you believe has the chance of going bad, and that you plan how you're going to set up on stage along with what needs to be connected to what, and all should be good!

I always get nervous man ! maybe cuz im asian haha. thanks for the advice

The guys have covered a lot. I have played I front of a few thousand a few times inprepare no different than when I play in front of 30. Make sure to have your music parts down, make sure you are all tweaked up. Have extras of crucial stuff like strings if you are prone to breakage. Have a backup guitar. Just so what you did to get you this gig

I've never played in front of more than a few hundred people. But everyone I've ever met who's played hundreds of shows tell me that the stage fright never goes away. You just learn to manage it. I was always nervous before a show.

And I have to say alcohol before and during a show is a terrible idea. (I figure you guys are joking about that but I'm just gonna say it anyway) I can't play while drunk or high. I don't understand how guys like Jimi Hendrix or Robby Krieger or Slash did it. My motor functions get heavily affected and I sound like ass. Substances like that have always made me play WORSE. What DOES get my fingers flying however, Mountain Dew. Lots and LOTS of Mountain Dew. Even when I'm recording in the studio....Code Red or Voltage Mountain Dew. Never failed me.

Or adderall. But that's not recommended.

Adderall is the shit for playing live. Not the healthiest option though. I always smash a couple of brewskies before I play. It doesn't get me drunk and out of control but it takes the edge off.

uh oh, sounds like another DEXTER!

Don't stress, just be and enjoy the moment. Exciting times for you. Just do what you do and do it with class.

I like to have a beer and right before we go on I get the band together for a little pep talk to try and psyche each other up. I bring extras of everything. Have a great show and enjoy it! That's the only reason I play!

I've played gigs of that size and honestly they're much easier than the small ones. The crew will be pro and you're far enough away from the crowd to not feel the eyes burning into you. Just bring back ups of stuff, treat the crew well, don't noodle around when people are line checking, and have fun. You have plenty of stage and plenty of volume to kick back and have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom