playing the biggest show of my life in 3 weeks aprox. 6-7000ppl any advice?

adildo

Inspired
just got the news today.! i'm the opening band for a Korean pop/rock group.:D question is what do i need to prepare in order for it to be a successful show. trying to make a checklist of things that are gear related (that i need)so i can feel at ease. It is really the biggest show and a dream of mine to play such a big stadium. i don't want to screw it up! any advice anyone? I thought after getting the axe i would just be playing pubs, etc. but I cant believe the first show i got with the axe was for a stadium!! currently my setup is just the axefx II and mfc.

will I need a wireless, a power conditioner?, back up cables, what settings eq or FOH do i need, etc? Im really overwhelmed right now. ! so please if any of you have done this please let me know :)

Any advice..? Yeah, enjoy it!!! :eagerness:

Wireless..? Nope, not if you don't need it.
Power conditioner? Nope, if it's show of that type, they will have all that sorted.
Spare leads & strings etc? Well yes, always a good idea to have something.
EQ? Set for you and the FOH will compensate if necessary - you can't preempt that.

Oh and yes, did I say to make sure you damned well enjoy it..?!?!? ;)

When are you going to change to that extra string if one breaks? Between two songs? ;)
I would make sure I have a spare guitar in tune and ready if a string breaks.
Would also bring some kind of backup for my main rig if it breaks down.

By the way, congrats!! :eagerness:

The bigger shows are less intimidating than the smaller ones. There are so many faces that no one face can stare you down and make you nervous.......lol.
1. Test your patches LOUD to make sure that there isn't too much lows, highs or gain, volume really helps you find out.

2. A back-up for everything if possible.

3. Make good use of your sound-check. play something with cleans, crunch, leads, backing vocals, make sure that everyone can hear what they need.

3. SLOW DOWN!! A nervous or excited band tends to play very fast. Remember tempo and dynamics

4. Don't think too far ahead while you're playing, be in the moment, look around and enjoy it, not everybody gets to do this.

5. Have fun.......You're a Rock Star!!

thanks for the advice guys :) was expecting technical answers like how many xlr cables would i need etc. but I guess I am just over thinking it. Its really helping me to calm down and focus on the things that are important.a lot of Band Managers, Press etc will be there. so like everyone said I need to be calm!

Based on your user name....batteries!

/rimshot

:lol

ba-dum-tish.gif

They should have direct boxes, XLR cables, power outlets at the back and front of stage, They really prefer to use their own stuff, but bring 2 of everything that you will need to get to the snake, just in case.

I played in front of 35,000 people many times and my advice is to drink half a bottle of Jim Bean or Jack and you'll be good to go! Don't drink the whole thing or you won't be able to play! LOL!
Seriously, take a deep breath and relax. Make sure to double check your gear and your monitors work properly!

You'll have to play louder than usual and sometimes, it's hard to get used too because the guitar feels different, especially when doing leads!

Poop before you go on stage. Thats a word of advice from Jerry Cantrell. I try to live by it.

Seriously though I would have a back up of EVERYTHING and know your rig inside and out especially the weak points. Most nationals stage mangers and sound guys aren't particularly fond of the "locals" so if you have any issues they aren't going to be very patient while you tear apart your rig searching for the reason you're not getting a signal.

The biggest advice is enjoy yourself and be confident obviously there's a reason your band got the gig in the first place so to rock out (if that's your band's thing) and love every quick monent of it.....congrats!

I played in front of 35,000 people many times and my advice is to drink half a bottle of Jim Bean or Jack and you'll be good to go! Don't drink the whole thing or you won't be able to play! LOL!
Seriously, take a deep breath and relax. Make sure to double check your gear and your monitors work properly!

You'll have to play louder than usual and sometimes, it's hard to get used too because the guitar feels different, especially when doing leads!

the alcohol part seems like it might work ahaha thanks man :)

Back
Top Bottom