Pickup tone match

I saved my EJ Strat TM as a Cab, and use that to emulate my "Strats on Quack" setting with my Carvin CT6M neck HB.
totally blew some minds with that one.

btw, my EJ Strat in all different PU positions are part of the zip file that singtail put together.

Hey

I need little bit help ,if you could help me. If i have one tone matchet preset ,where is tone matchet block. Is there still available that local raw guitar track ,what that user have use when he was do that tone matching? And if there is that local track left ,how i can save and capture that? And how i can add that track in another tone matching block ,and use that like reference track. And then i can play over for that user raw guitar ,and tone maching my pickup sounds like her was. I hope you understand something ,in that text.

I need that original tone matching raw guitar track and use that like reference track ,and try to tone mach my guitar in local whit that track. And put that first in chain ,and then pickups and guitar would be same like original track was have.

Then I don't understand your question.

Hey

I need little bit help ,if you could help me. If i have one tone matchet preset ,where is tone matchet block. Is there still available that local raw guitar track ,what that user have use when he was do that tone matching? And if there is that local track left ,how i can save and capture that? And how i can add that track in another tone matching block ,and use that like reference track. And then i can play over for that user raw guitar ,and tone maching my pickup sounds like her was. I hope you understand something ,in that text.

I need that original tone matching raw guitar track and use that like reference track ,and try to tone mach my guitar in local whit that track. And put that first in chain ,and then pickups and guitar would be same like original track was have.
This doesn't work, as the raw guitar signal curve doesn't get imported with the preset (only the actual match does). You need the .wav files of the original recording and then use the tonematch block with the .wav as a reference.

Last edited:
What Zwiebelchen said. If you want to keep a guitar tone to use for future tone matches, you must record that dry guitar tone. That's why this thread is here: so people can share recorded dry tones with each other for tone matching.

Last edited:
I've thought this would be a great project so thanks for doing it for me :) sigh, I am a couch potato.

Last edited:
Has anyone had luck getting a humbucker to sound like a strat single coil a la srv?
A humbucker-to-single-coil tone match can never be completely accurate. Humbuckers have frequency-dependent phase cancellations and reinforcements that don't happen with single-coil pickups.

I had added a Wish request on the AX8 section about a guitar tone match block, the AX8 doesn't have tone match because it doesn't have the audio interface but i have created IRs of my guitars matching pickups using Logic X's Match EQ plugin which worked great, the issue is that you can't really use it because then you gotta take the cabinet out, i think FAS could pull this off if they made a "guitar match" block that listens to guitar A and then Guitar B and then matches them, I'm sure FAS has thought about it, i hope they add a block like that a some point, it would be a unique effect, i just want to match my Les Paul's Bridge to my friend's old strat in 2 and 4 positions

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/guitar-tone-match-block.118200/

I wouldn't mind if Fractal sell a dedicated interface + pluggin to complement the AX8 or just a pluggin and to be use with the interface the people allready have so that owners of the AX8 can benefit of using Tone Match too..
I've commented this on your other thread.

Hey, this is an interesting thread. Glad I found it. I simulated active pickups by adding an EQ block w some extra frequencies and a bit of level. I'm intrigued by the TM option.

The thing that makes it a bit imperfect is that your TM will sound different when I play through my pickups, unless we have the same pickups. ...even then they will be a bit different. Seems like this would only work (to trade pickup TMs) if both parties were on totally flat pickups EQ-wise.

I haven't tried these yet, but I would expect the results to be somewhat random. Even so, there may be some interesting sounds to be found. I see it more as a filter or an EQ profile. Curious to try.

...I'm intrigued by the TM option.

The thing that makes it a bit imperfect is that your TM will sound different when I play through my pickups, unless we have the same pickups. ...even then they will be a bit different. Seems like this would only work (to trade pickup TMs) if both parties were on totally flat pickups EQ-wise.
That's why you don't share the tone match; you share the dry tone. Then other people can tone-match with their guitars.

I might be super late on this, but could anyone explain how to tone match pickups? Or maybe link a video or such?? That sounds way awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom