Ownhammer V3 Vector Libraries (Mesa/V30)

Jason

I'm surprised Kevin or anyone else hasn't posted this here yet, but Ownhammer has released its first set of "V3 Vector Libraries". The cabinet is a Mesa Boogie Standard (commonly referred to as “Oversized”) 4x12 cabinet. The speaker is a 2012 Celestion T4335B Vintage 30, made in England to Mesa specifications.

I've been trying them for a few hours, and they are excellent as expected. Between these, Clark Kent's Cab Pack 7, and the Mesa cabs in Cab Pack 5, those of us who like Vintage 30s and Mesa cabs now have an embarrassment of riches. Three cheers for all the IR creators!

I saw these on his site the other day and was also surprised I hadn't seen a thread!

I was a bit confused by the organisation though, selling packs by mic? Are there any Mix ir's? Can any one comment on what mic or mics are best to start with for different styles?

I'm usually overwhelmed with IR's when I have 20 to choose from, so 8 packs with 396 each = 3,168 ir's... I'm already sweating just thinking about it.

Also, have you tried any of his HGE packs? I have the mesa english v30 HGE pack so I'm wondering if it would be redundant to get any of these, since it's the same can/speaker

I really dig the concept they went for with these- giving US control over the mic placement. These IR's sound great.
yep, that's what I dig as well. having ready-made mixes is good, or five three different positions of a mic, but quite often I found myself in a situation where I'd preferred a position in between two etc. here you pretty much get to move the mic all around.

I'm loving these impulses!
I shared some mix recipes in my thread at the recordings section:

R121f1 T0 I04 at -3.58 with D57m0 T0 H08
R121f1 T0 H04 at -5.27 with D57m0 T0 E08
R121f1 T0 B07 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 C06 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 G06 with D57m0 T0 B07 at -2.50
R121f1 T0 C08 at -1.91 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 H04 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 H04 at -2.35 with D57m0 T0 A07
R121f1 T0 H04 with D57m0 T0 C09
R121f1 T0 I02 at -2.95 with D57m0 T0 C10
R121f1 T0 H04 with D57m0 T0 H06 at -2.35
R121f1 T0 I02 at -1.34 with D57m0 T0 F07
R121f1 T0 G03 at -2.80 with D57m0 T0 E07
D57m0 T0 B07 with D57m0 T0 D07

and a couple that worked great with my bright 8-string sounds:
R121f1 T0 C08 with D57m0 T2 B08 at -2.06
R121f1 T0 C10 with D57m0 T0 B07 at -2.06
R121f1 T0 C10 with D57m0 T2 B09 at -2.35

I haven't decided yet on which ones are my favorites.
I'd be very curious to know some of the mix recipes you guys have come up with and/or if you liked one or more of my recipes! (and also which)
I am currently re-mixing my entire album (partially thanks to these great IR's) and I am using these for every single rhythm guitar part.

I'm loving these impulses!

I haven't decided yet on which ones are my favorites.
I'd be very curious to know some of the mix recipes you guys have come up with and/or if you liked one or more of my recipes! (and also which)
I am currently re-mixing my entire album (partially thanks to these great IR's) and I am using these for every single rhythm guitar part.

I'm pretty terrible at creating my own mixes, but I'm going to try and find time to sample your mixes tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

i bought the new IR, but i'm overwhelmed with the amounts of IR to try out...
i wish to have ready to use mixes.. actually i miss that

i bought the new IR, but i'm overwhelmed with the amounts of IR to try out...
i wish to have ready to use mixes.. actually i miss that

It would appear you are not alone. I'm seeing that some people love having this many options, but some people don't. I'm observing, flexible, and am immediately working on a solution that is sure to make some waves (the good kind). :)

Two words: February 2nd

Stock up on bactine and aloe vera, you'll need it for what will be your melted face. :lol

That's all I can say for now. :devilish:

You're very welcome!

If there were any inquiring minds, in addition to these aforementioned mix libraries coming with a new and unique feature/value add, there is also zero direct carry over to companion Vector libraries. In this way, there will be no duplicates between files in the V3 Mix Libraries and files in the V3 Vector Libraries. They are meant to compliment each other as well as stand on their own two feet. How deep the user wants the water to be is the choice to be made. :)

For me the best IRs ever if you're into Mesa cabs.
Fantastic job :)
I would start combining SM57 "g" with R121 "i" as you can see in the Quick-Start folder.
I personally don't even need more than those.
My fave positions are between 3 and 5.
SS and T0 are great for studio work and I think I'll use T1 and T2 mainly for live playing.
Like them even better than the High Gain Essentials and I really loved those IRs

Last edited:
I just want to say to people, when you get over the variety of options and start to fully understand the concept / vectors, it isn't really that complicated, but gives you so_many_options that it's absolutely delicious. I am considering of paying Kevin a billion and taking him as a hostage to make me a breakfast impulse everyday. haha...

I just want to say to people, when you get over the variety of options and start to fully understand the concept / vectors, it isn't really that complicated, but gives you so_many_options that it's absolutely delicious.

totaly agree. defititely one of the best concepts I've seen and very close to what you'd do if you were about to mic a cab.
super detailed yet simple. choose roughly a position, check the different vectors at the same position to hear what difference they make, find one that suits your needs and dial in the final sweetspot by position. takes less than a few seconds (or minutes if you get lost in playing [emoji6] ) to find a great tone...

Yeah! I think to those people that have mic'd before or know how it works, this is very effective tool. But i also think, that if you learn this and don't know really anything about micing a cab, it's kinda like a virtual tutorial to prep you for that situation in future.
Im guilty at getting lost in playing honestly, i keep finding these nice combos and almost every time it leaves me an itch and promise that "i can find even better combos!" :D

I was intimidated by the amount of IRs, but I tried the mixes above and they are great. For anyone that is still trying to figure out the vector stuff, myself included, they are a great starting point. Instant gratification to my ear holes.

Yep, I'm definitely in the camp that doesn't know anything about micing a cab. As a bedroom player I never needed to and I usually rely on mixes for my cabs in the Axe. But I'm beginning to want more and I'm intrigued enough by the amount of options in these new V3's.

I'll also add that the first cabs I ever bought were the OH Bogner 2x12 Studio Mix and I they didn't really work out for me. I'm assuming it was because they Vintage cabs and don't really gel with my style. I'm going to grab the 57 and 121 V3's tonight after work and tinker around.

Back
Top Bottom