OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Kevin.

I tried 2 of your BETA IR's. The SM57 5 and the TC30 5. I am sold. Huge difference for me. It's like the missing link. So much more real and spacial. It's like playing through my real cabs. Looking forward to the rest of them. I'll be sure to buy when you get them done. Excellent job!

Thanks,

Roger

So, if anyone is reading between the lines, it would behoove you to get in on them now while the prices are roughly 2/3 to 1/2 (haven't decided yet) of what they'll be later. ;)
As I mentioned in a previous post, I just purchased the bundle before the news of the beta batch came out.
I'm glad I did;
Not because of the (free) update I'm maybe going to receive but because the current IR's are so freaking good already.
So anyone who's interested in buying the new batch should IMHO get the current Bundle.
They're worth every penny and so we can assure that Kevin gets some well deserved cash flowing his way.
Consider this as some kind of Crowdfunding ;)

As I mentioned in a previous post, I just purchased the bundle before the news of the beta batch came out.
I'm glad I did;
Not because of the (free) update I'm maybe going to receive but because the currenyt IR's are so freaking good already.
So anyone who's interested in buying the new batch should IMHO get the current Bundle.
They're worth every penny and so we can assure that Kevin gets some well deserved cash flowing his way.
Consider this as some kind of Crowdfunding ;)

Yes, the current sets of OH IRs are also great.
No need to wait if you need great IRs of an EVM in a Thiele cab, a G12-65 for D-style tones, Scumbacks etc.

What is everyone using to load these into the axe since we aren't supposed to use axe edit?

Windows7 64-bit. Axe-Edit Build 317 (Public release). Axe-Manage. Surf to the directory where you have the IR's located on your hard drive from within Axe-Manage. Right click on the IR, choose slot in the Axe-FX II, right click. Wait (about 5 seconds) and watch the Axe-FX II. You'll see the midi light come on as the file transfers. Done.

Can't wait to download the free beta as I've been considering an external package anyways, so this is a nice way to get a free look. However, went to the website and I'm a little confused on which package is most suitable for me. I see most of the packages have the .syx files already, so that's easy. However, there is the MMS, NEB, WAV, etc. What are most of you guys using? I'm not a hard core recording engineer that needs to mix IR's etc. I just want to drop in a good sounding IR and go. However, I do like the options of the various mics/placements etc. Also, it seems the NEB versions are only if you use that program, however the NEB package still includes .syx files for the AXE. And then there are AXE versions, as well as WAV AXE version etc.. Still being new to the IR world, does anybody have a "Ownhammer" guide for dummies?

There are 3 basic 'style's of IR's I offer, the list below is ordered from least complex to most complex:

1) MMS
2) NEB/WAV
3) PRO

MMS (Music Maker Series) is pretty much intended for people who don't know much about mics, mic placement, and don't have the time or want to bother learning. That's not to say, however, that people well equipped with this knowledge can't benefit from the simplicity if the sounds provided are exactly what they'd be after with the more extensive libraries. There is much less to sort through, and things are labeled by the general sound (Modern, Traditional, Vintage, etc) rather than the mic or mic placement. All three major file formats are provided (Convolution Reverb Wave Audio, Nebula, Fractal SysEx)

WAV and NEB are the same thing, but broken down into different formats to lower the cost to users. This is the middle of the road in terms of verbosity, and you can get a taste for the basic layout by trying the beta files, though they are going to be more in depth than what is currently on the site. Depending on which package you get, there are different formats, however Fractal SysEx is incuded in both of them.

PRO is Nebula only, and moves towards virtualizing the cab micing experience. The next iteration is going to take this a step further, all while simplifying the procedure. I let slip the details on this post:

• View topic - OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Hopefully users will chime in with their experiences, but my assumption is that the vast majority of them go for the WAV libraries. If you are very serious about recording, I'd highly recommend anything with Nebula in it. It sounds better than convolution reverb (in the DAW) and the slider functions allow for much easier control of blending in the special treatment options (Fat, Warm, Warm & Fat) without having to set up parallel sends and routing tracks all over the place.

Last edited:
Kevin,
Not sure why but when I go to the link you provided in the previous post I get this message:

Capture.jpg

Hey Kevin, so I am looking forward to buy your new library(didn't have a chance to try the beta yet but the clips sound really good) and I'm thinking about buying your current library to help me wait for the new one, but one question, if I choose the Neb-Syx library, will I be able to mix the positions and the mics via AoMDSP? or do I absolutely need Nebula?! Cause I'd really like to be able to experiment with the mic placement etc. but the nebula software can't run on my mac (OS is too old) and it's quite expensive.

Windows7 64-bit. Axe-Edit Build 317 (Public release). Axe-Manage. Surf to the directory where you have the IR's located on your hard drive from within Axe-Manage. Right click on the IR, choose slot in the Axe-FX II, right click. Wait (about 5 seconds) and watch the Axe-FX II. You'll see the midi light come on as the file transfers. Done.

Thank you Scott! This question is for anyone, their is a Nebula FREE. Will this mix files like what Scott is doing or is it a crippled version with limits to say two mixed files, three mixed files for example. I'm also unsure which version of files to download. I don't wanna sound like a total dummy but when it comes to using external IR files I guess I am because I only used ones that came with the axe.

I am ready to make the leap just need a little guidance from the experts here.

WARNING!!!

The image checksum in these files is incorrect. Use these files at your own risk. I have contacted OwnHammer about the problem.

Thank you Scott! This question is for anyone, their is a Nebula FREE. Will this mix files like what Scott is doing or is it a crippled version with limits to say two mixed files, three mixed files for example. I'm also unsure which version of files to download. I don't wanna sound like a total dummy but when it comes to using external IR files I guess I am because I only used ones that came with the axe.

I only use the syx Axe-FX II versions when mixing. I do not use the Nebula so have no advice to offer.

Kevin,
Not sure why but when I go to the link you provided in the previous post I get this message:

View attachment 13411

LOL. No clue, just go to Forum -> 3rd Party Libraries, then look for my thread.

Hey Kevin, so I am looking forward to buy your new library(didn't have a chance to try the beta yet but the clips sound really good) and I'm thinking about buying your current library to help me wait for the new one, but one question, if I choose the Neb-Syx library, will I be able to mix the positions and the mics via AoMDSP? or do I absolutely need Nebula?! Cause I'd really like to be able to experiment with the mic placement etc. but the nebula software can't run on my mac (OS is too old) and it's quite expensive.

Nebula is a DAW based VST loading software that has many advantages over convolution reverb for recording applications. It does not output files, its something you load files into in your recording sessions. If your application is not high fidelity recording, I'd recommend staying away from Nebula. Not that it isn't worth it, but it probably isn't worth your time/money.

Adding to the above question/resopnse, in addition to this being a DAW based VST, I do not crypt my programs to run with Nebula Free. To do so for full commercial releases is against my official 3rd party developer agreement with Acustica. For demos and the like, I simply do not like the restrictive layout. So far as I could tell, the sliders do not work in Nebula Free, it is for static single position programs only. This does not serve me at all as a demonstration medium, as my slider programming is key to the value add of using Nebula. Unless you buy the commercial version of Nebula, and I recommend Nebula 3 Pro (not because there is anything in it for me, there isn't, it's just the right version), my Nebula files are not going to work.

WARNING!!!

The image checksum in these files is incorrect. Use these files at your own risk. I have contacted OwnHammer about the problem.

Thanks for the heads up and the email, very much appreciated! :) I've contacted Lynn and we'll see what can be done with the info provided.

I probably won't be available for another appearance here until after everybody has gone to bed, and will address anything else that comes up between now and then (and other communication) at that time. :)

Someone here said that the volume differences between the TC30 and SM57 was fixed but I downloaded again the ZIP file and there's still a huge volume difference between them.

Is the fixed version up on the ownhammer site?

Oh, and if anyone of interest in cyberspace is listening to this, I'm also not opposed to being absorbed into a larger company so long as there was a contract that my employment would include a minimum salary and duration (among a few other points of interest), an 'anti-screwing-over' clause if you will, haha. :p
you should hook up/merge with the RedWirez guys. a possible (IR) match made in heaven ? an unstoppable force on the IR market? ...

Back
Top Bottom