OwnHammer retiring a large portion of their WAV format libraries

KαΩSS

Recently visited the OwnHammer website and saw an interesting change in their WAV format section. The releases were listed in two pages instead of one, and on the second page it said the following:

End of Life​

In Q2 of 2023 the OwnHammer website will be moving to a new server system in preparation for the launch of software products, at which time the wave audio format impulse response library product catalog will be rebooted. Items listed on this page will not be transferred to it nor made available from it, so now is the last time to pick these up before they ride permanently off into the sunset!

1. (r)Evolution Debut Bundle
  2. 212 VC30 Blue MMMC
  3. 412 MRBW GNR MMMC
  4. 412 ZLCS V30 MMMC
  5. California Duo
  6. Class-A Duo
  7. Heavy Hitters II
  8. Uber Duo
  9. 110 VC4
  10. 112 DVRB
  11. 112 TDLX
  12. 1012 TWEED
  13. 212 BGOS
  14. 212 BGSH
  15. 212 ORNG
  16. 212 RECT
  17. 212 VC30
  18. 410 BGNR
  19. 410 SVRB
  20. 412 BGNR
  21. 412 DZRL
  22. 412 EDVH
  23. 412 ENG
  24. 412 FMAN
  25. 412 MR82
  26. 412 MRCB
  27. 412 RECT
  28. 212 MR66
  29. V1 Collection

Link: https://www.ownhammer.com/impulseresponses/wav/eol.html

Well that's a lot of serious stuff to lock away. They're betting big on their new thing.

If you don't have it, I'd def pick up the (r)Evolution Debut Bundle at least, it's quite a deal.

Have to check my purchases, see what else I should grab before we can't. They have a bunch of stuff I hadn't grabbed "yet".

OTOH, do I really not have enough IRs, really? Seriously?

So I just picked up my Axe FX 2 and I start looking into IRs over the last few days and everyone is saying Ownhammer is the best. I go on over to their website to find they are already down. What do others suggest for a newb?

So I just picked up my Axe FX 2 and I start looking into IRs over the last few days and everyone is saying Ownhammer is the best. I go on over to their website to find they are already down. What do others suggest for a newb?
My guess (no actual knowledge) is that the site is down while they update it, or for some other technical or administrative reason. I doubt they intend to kill it off, even if they are changing their product line completely.

I saw on my Facebook feed that there's a new release. It could be related to them adding that. It has been down for longer than expected, but I'm sure they'll probably fix whatever the issue is soon.

Last edited:
Just a note that the current outage was not planned nor a part of any back end work I am doing. At the current time I am unaware of the cause or scope of the issue, and was only even made aware the site was down after the scheduled socials posts went live this morning. I have been and am still currently awaiting information from the escalated dedicated-server side admin team from my hosting service provider as to the details of or implications from whatever has happened. Apologies for the inconvenience, and appreciate the patience while this is being resolved. :)

Just a note that the current outage was not planned nor a part of any back end work I am doing. At the current time I am unaware of the cause or scope of the issue, and was only even made aware the site was down after the scheduled socials posts went live this morning. I have been and am still currently awaiting information from the escalated dedicated-server side admin team from my hosting service provider as to the details of or implications from whatever has happened. Apologies for the inconvenience, and appreciate the patience while this is being resolved. :)
I emailed you earlier that your site was down, but the outage may have made that undeliverable. Site looked like it had a possible dns error from here.

I’ve got the (r)evolution collection and just about all of the Rock Box collection. The Rock Box IR’s are next level. Love em!
I've got (r)evolution and a bunch of other stuff of theirs, not no Rock Box yet. Maybe ought to get on that. There was even a sale going I think for a while, maybe still is, but I've been exploring the factory DynaCabs instead.

I emailed you earlier that your site was down, but the outage may have made that undeliverable. Site looked like it had a possible dns error from here.

Thanks very much, and yes, with the site down any email sent towards the server would have failed and never made it to me.

For whatever it's worth, I finally got a response as to what's going on (hardware failure, to which the part has now been replaced). From my vantage point all seems to be resolved as the site is now up and running again and successfully receiving orders. :)

Back
Top Bottom