Own Hammer - Mix IR's Mix Bundles - Modern/Vintage

I just found it rude and unnecessary....

Nothing "rude" dude! ;)
Just the basic facts!
And I can add that the mix of the site and the mailing contents is more and more counterintuitive (JUST FOR ME! ... but I don't think I'm the most stupid person on the planet!)
Let me say that the meaning of my post is "collaborative" not "distructive" ... I know that my 38$ can't change the life to OwnHammer... but if 10 customers are a bit confused like me... well than are 380$... and so on... (here a bit of math can help!) :lol

PEACE&LOVE :encouragement:

Nothing "rude" dude! ;)
Just the basic facts!
And I can add that the mix of the site and the mailing contents is more and more counterintuitive (JUST FOR ME! ... but I don't think I'm the most stupid person on the planet!)
Let me say that the meaning of my post is "collaborative" not "distructive" ... I know that my 38$ can't change the life to OwnHammer... but if 10 customers are a bit confused like me... well than are 380$... and so on... (here a bit of math can help!) :lol

PEACE&LOVE :encouragement:

There are ways to constructively criticize and there are ways to do so rudely. I also took the way you worded your post as rude and inflammatory. You definitely could have made your point in a more tactful manner IMHO.

There are ways to constructively criticize and there are ways to do so rudely. I also took the way you worded your post as rude and inflammatory. You definitely could have made your point in a more tactful manner IMHO.

well... ya know... rudyness... is the hard soul of Rock!!!
Seriously now... apologize... to put the gasoline on the fire is not my style at all!
Maybe my very poor english don't help me to be tactful as is needed! (italians do IT better... but don't speek english very well!)
Anyway... the focus is that the site and the mailing strategy are confusing me and maybe some other ppl.
Right now i don't understand if the AxeFx2 version (for both the "new" vintage and modern) is ready for the purchase and the d/l or not jet and this because there are legacy.. V1... V2... new... mixed with mails announcing future relase and just ready release of the file format of the cabs... and I have just purchased both the V2 collections... and I don't want place an incorrect order...
May I say this ... or is too rude?

GuttaLaser, I can agree that it isn't obvious what is going on. I have read once in while in some of the threads but I don't remember everything, so I don't really know what the Legacy V1 & V2 is. I'm sure you can find that information somewhere in threads on the OH website or here but a bit more information on OH Store wouldn't hurt I think.

Anyway the new Modern & Vintage Studio Mix Libraries are ready for purchase. I bought them and you will get to download everything and all from Wav, Axe FX I, Axe FX II, Kemperer to Nebula and documentation. Dont hesitate if it's them you know you want.

I just downloaded the modern speaker pack- and WOW.

The OH IR's really sound great on their own-but for me they seem to truly shine when paired with some of the stock MIX IR's.

I've so far only used about 4 of these new IR's-if I end up only using 4 out of the possible 450 I feel like I've already got my money's worth.

:encouragement:

Same here. The first couple I tried on a patch sounded great. At that point I realized it's only going to get better & better!

Bought the packs and dialed it in very quickly just before rehearsal.
Don't you love that FN-42 T1 Live vintage mix from the Vintage pack!!
OMG what a screamer :)

I bought the modern pack and haven't had too much time to play with it but I liked what I heard so far! :)

I love the Chinese version of the V30s for some reason I like it better than the English. I have been using that cab quite a bit.

Some suggestions for different amps I use; all in a stereo block, panned center and levels as noted:

Atomica High (or modern Marshall stuff ala Friedman/Cameron/etc): H-BB-55 T1 Studio Modern@0db/M-PR-55-T2 Live-Vintage@-3db
Bogner Cab (XTC/Shiva): H-BB-55 T1 Studio Modern@0db/V30CH T2 Live-Vintage@-3db
Plexi 50 Jump: H-PR-55 T2 Live-Vintage@-3db/M-BB-55 T2 Studio-Modern@0db
Plexi 100 Jump: H-PR-55 T1 Studio Modern@0db/M-BB-55 T2 Live Vintage@-3db
Vox AC30TB: Alnico-Silver T1 Studio-Modern@0db/Alico-Blue T2 Live-Vintage@-3db
DeluxeVerb: J12-CN T1 Studio-Modern@0db/J12-PR T2 Live-Vintage@-3db

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought the packs and dialed it in very quickly just before rehearsal.
Don't you love that FN-42 T1 Live vintage mix from the Vintage pack!!
OMG what a screamer :)

The Live Vintage FN-42 T1 alone is perfect especially in high res mono ... and super especially for all those Floyd tones :) With my Strat, it nails Dark Side of the Moon :)

I tried Scott's Live Vintage/Studio Modern mix and it sterilized it a bit, as expected because the Studio Modern IR is very sterile compared to the Live Vintage IR.

I also used Axe-O-Matic DSP to make the IR mix of this and tried it in stereo against Scott's suggestion of mixing it on the axe and found no sonic difference, just an FYI, in case most of you don't want to eat up two IR spots for every speaker.

I never had much luck getting a good tone from the Two Rock - very dark sounding amp. Tried the G65-RI and while it did brighten things up a bit, it also brought out "something" in that amp I haven't heard before. Can't put my finger on what that "something" is but man, it sounds stellar now! Nice to have another weapon in the arsenal!

Back
Top Bottom