Orville incoming! (Update- Recieved + An Edwards LPC!)

Sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel any better Fedex has been less than 100% since the lockdown. Their tracking use to be on the button, but has been squirrelly of late. It is is the holidays and stuff so that’s a legit issue, but I think they are having trouble with keeping reliable drivers so they wait until they have full trucks. I’m sure it will make it tomorrow.

Oh and gas prices I imagine have something to do with not sending out partial loads.

No doubt!

Sometimes I need to kick my own ass a little bit when I’m getting impatient. Hahahah I’ve got 35-week lead times on AC units at work because of all the shipping issues going on right now, I really can’t be bitching about waiting 24 hours to get a guitar. :tearsofjoy:

It’s out for delivery now and my buddy is waiting at my place for it!

No doubt!

Sometimes I need to kick my own ass a little bit when I’m getting impatient. Hahahah I’ve got 35-week lead times on AC units at work because of all the shipping issues going on right now, I really can’t be bitching about waiting 24 hours to get a guitar. :tearsofjoy:

It’s out for delivery now and my buddy is waiting at my place for it!
Oh believe me I expect super human things from the two big package guys when waiting. UPS actually has a feature (or did) that lets you actually see where the truck is through GPS once it gets close to your area. There were times where it was in my neighborhood and I’m all ready waiting at the door and all of sudden it would head to the close by business area and do deliveries or whatever and I would be ready to start stalking the driver in my vehicle.😜 Eventually he would swing back around and all would be good.

Part of my psyche with package delivery is I use to do electronic repair from my home and was always waiting on parts to complete a repair. So I’ve been hooked up with accounts and apps, etc. for a while now.

Hope your soon to be acquaintance is all you hoped. From the looks I’m sure it will.

Oh believe me I expect super human things from the two big package guys when waiting. UPS actually has a feature (or did) that lets you actually see where the truck is through GPS once it gets close to your area. There were times where it was in my neighborhood and I’m all ready waiting at the door and all of sudden it would head to the close by business area and do deliveries or whatever and I would be ready to start stalking the driver in my vehicle.😜 Eventually he would swing back around and all would be good.

Part of my psyche with package delivery is I use to do electronic repair from my home and was always waiting on parts to complete a repair. So I’ve been hooked up with accounts and apps, etc. for a while now.

Hope your soon to be acquaintance is all you hoped. From the looks I’m sure it will.

Hahahaha I’ve chased a few UPS trucks thanks to that tracker! I was getting a guitar delivered to my office and watched the driver take off from the building and I chased him all across our campus until he finally got away, only to return a few minutes later. :D

Hahahaha I’ve chased a few UPS trucks thanks to that tracker! I was getting a guitar delivered to my office and watched the driver take off from the building and I chased him all across our campus until he finally got away, only to return a few minutes later. :D
Haha! I was working very close to my house, and did the same thing, only to have the driver tell me he wasn't on my route. (I lived like 3 miles away, and this is out in the country, so I naturally thought my guitar was on his truck. But I had to wait until I got home.)

The last week or so I’ve been digging into Les Paul’s a bit more, due to the release of the Adam Jones Epiphone and wanting to see how it compared to Norlin-era LP’s. In the midst of that, I was bit by the LP bug for the first time in 30 years of playing guitar. I only really thought the Customs were interesting previous to the last week, but as I was digging around the MIJ LP’s, (Edwards, Burny, Orville, Greco) I came across a few that looked really nice.

I wasn’t even guitar shopping, but I ended up putting a couple on my watch lists and figured I’d give myself 24 hours to debate buying one, knowing I’m still definitely buying the Adam Jones Epi when the next run goes on sale. As I lay there watching TV, I kept thinking about this one particular Orville that had a beautiful top on it. It eventually got the best of me and in 30 seconds of consecutive movements, no hesitation between them, the guitar was ordered.

View attachment 113317
View attachment 113318
View attachment 113319

I cannot wait to get my hands on this. I can’t even remember the last time I played a Les Paul. I’m generally not down with the single cut thing, I’ve always wanted an LPC since seeing Chris DeGarmo with one when I first started playing, but I always thought of those as kinda separate from LP’s, oddly enough.

Not sure which pickups I’m going to put in this, but I’m hellbent on putting zebras in there. Cream/black zebras.

The first week I have it, my neighbors are just going to hear the main lick from “Estranged“ over and over again.
Man that looks like candy. Congrats

I m after epiphone alex lifeson but impossible to find one in Europe ...
Have you some news about new model ?

I got the unfortunate news from guitar guitar in the UK today that Gibson had informed them that they have stopped production of the LP Lifeson model and that my pre order would be cancelled 😕

I managed to get one on eBay earlier in the year thankfully otherwise I’d have been screwed.

Unfortunately I'm writing with some bad news, Gibson have just been in touch to advise that they have now ceased production of the Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Standard Axcess Outfit in Viceroy Brown with immediate effect and as such they have cancelled our remaining back orders which has unfortunately included yours, we had been advised that these Pre-Orders would still be fulfilled up until now so this has been unexpected news, I am sorry about this!

Guitar got delayed, but it arrived 5 minutes before I got home from work! I had my buddy hang at my place to sign for it since I took yesterday off already.

A61FE8D6-4209-4846-AB7D-5A45F8C2E0F1.jpeg

The action was so low I couldn’t really play it until I set it up. For being 25 years old, this thing is in excellent condition. I’m not sure I’ve ever played a Les Paul Standard that felt as good as this does. The feel of the fingerboard and the construction of the thing is just solid from top to bottom. Big chunk of maple on the top-

93BBCA72-6A1E-4DBD-8E32-069CCC0C4BF9.jpeg

It’s a fotoflame and the finishes almost inevitably crack on the face of the guitar. It’s not pretty when it happens, either. It’s not like nitro checking by a loooong shot, so if it happens, I’ll most likely just refinish it.

There are things I dig about the pickups, but overall they’re a bit too timid. I have an Aldrich for the bridge but I did something really stupid tonight (we’re not gonna talk about it) so I have to fix it before I can get it in. :cool: It’ll look great once it’s in, though!

0839CFC6-E73C-4E42-9BFB-686B05AF4A28.jpeg

It took me a little while to get used to it, I’ve been playing S-shaped guitars my entire life and there’s obviously a bit of a difference. I’ve played a few great LP’s that were set up really, really well, but I’ve never played one set up how I want it set up, so it’s been a fun night. Once I ‘got it’ and started finding the guitars strengths I started having fun with it.

There’s a really awesome air around the notes with both pickups, I hope that doesn’t change when I switch it out. While they’re timid, playing my FM9 rig with real cabs, I just switched from Marshall to Marshall and almost every single one sounded good at the stock setting with all the knobs up the middle. I can’t say I’ve had that happen with other guitars and the LP/Marshall thing makes a bit more sense to me now. :D

It’s been GnR and Zep riffs in here all night!

381CAC00-FB3A-4355-A70C-1A7D431B996A.jpeg

Guitar got delayed, but it arrived 5 minutes before I got home from work! I had my buddy hang at my place to sign for it since I took yesterday off already.

View attachment 113597

The action was so low I couldn’t really play it until I set it up. For being 25 years old, this thing is in excellent condition. I’m not sure I’ve ever played a Les Paul Standard that felt as good as this does. The feel of the fingerboard and the construction of the thing is just solid from top to bottom. Big chunk of maple on the top-

View attachment 113598

It’s a fotoflame and the finishes almost inevitably crack on the face of the guitar. It’s not pretty when it happens, either. It’s not like nitro checking by a loooong shot, so if it happens, I’ll most likely just refinish it.

There are things I dig about the pickups, but overall they’re a bit too timid. I have an Aldrich for the bridge but I did something really stupid tonight (we’re not gonna talk about it) so I have to fix it before I can get it in. :cool: It’ll look great once it’s in, though!

View attachment 113599

It took me a little while to get used to it, I’ve been playing S-shaped guitars my entire life and there’s obviously a bit of a difference. I’ve played a few great LP’s that were set up really, really well, but I’ve never played one set up how I want it set up, so it’s been a fun night. Once I ‘got it’ and started finding the guitars strengths I started having fun with it.

There’s a really awesome air around the notes with both pickups, I hope that doesn’t change when I switch it out. While they’re timid, playing my FM9 rig with real cabs, I just switched from Marshall to Marshall and almost every single one sounded good at the stock setting with all the knobs up the middle. I can’t say I’ve had that happen with other guitars and the LP/Marshall thing makes a bit more sense to me now. :D

View attachment 113602
Man, that looks NICE - photo finish or not - congratulations!

View attachment 113597

View attachment 113598

View attachment 113599

View attachment 113602
That’s a beauty !

lovely guitar! i would say leave the original pickups in. that "airy-ness" is something special and only comes with age. if you need more grunt, just boost the amp a bit. the aged covers look great as well.
I think some people spend large sums looking for airy-ness, so Simeon may be on to something.

At least he’ll keep em in the drawer (aldrich already in lol)

View attachment 113597

View attachment 113598

View attachment 113599

View attachment 113602
Amazing. Look at how thick that maple cap is! Enjoy it!

I have a 96 Fender Japanese collectors series strats with a photo flame top. The body is a stack of alder and ash, the neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard. Its a great feeling, playing and sounding guitar. I did the emg DG20 pickup swap, making it into a real swiss army knife axe. So long and the guitar plays and sounds good, thats all that matters.

P.S. Please excuse the quickly taken photos from my phone. Happy new year everyone and keep on "Rocking"

Attachments

• IMG_8550.jpg
    IMG_8550.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8548.jpg
    IMG_8548.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8553.jpg
    IMG_8553.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8546.jpg
    IMG_8546.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
lovely guitar! i would say leave the original pickups in. that "airy-ness" is something special and only comes with age. if you need more grunt, just boost the amp a bit. the aged covers look great as well.

I’m a bit more open this after spending the night with them. I have an Edwards LPC incoming that I planned on making the hard rock/metal LP. I love the airy-ness with this Orville, but man, without adding a ton of dirt and jacking up the high end, I can barely hit pinch harmonics on this thing. I can pull of Zakk Wylde pinch harmonics on my Strats with vintage voiced single coils but not this thing! hahahahah

Going to spend the better part of my day with it in the studio and really run through all the tones I can get out of it!

Back
Top Bottom