Orville incoming! (Update- Recieved + An Edwards LPC!)

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
The last week or so I’ve been digging into Les Paul’s a bit more, due to the release of the Adam Jones Epiphone and wanting to see how it compared to Norlin-era LP’s. In the midst of that, I was bit by the LP bug for the first time in 30 years of playing guitar. I only really thought the Customs were interesting previous to the last week, but as I was digging around the MIJ LP’s, (Edwards, Burny, Orville, Greco) I came across a few that looked really nice.

I wasn’t even guitar shopping, but I ended up putting a couple on my watch lists and figured I’d give myself 24 hours to debate buying one, knowing I’m still definitely buying the Adam Jones Epi when the next run goes on sale. As I lay there watching TV, I kept thinking about this one particular Orville that had a beautiful top on it. It eventually got the best of me and in 30 seconds of consecutive movements, no hesitation between them, the guitar was ordered.

3E992E7A-7E8B-4CA3-BD98-E94FB8585A53.jpg
A5C98D5D-352A-45B4-8D06-6ACA8EF85916.jpg
DE762875-6D9E-4F98-AB4B-A5083B1852F3.jpeg

I cannot wait to get my hands on this. I can’t even remember the last time I played a Les Paul. I’m generally not down with the single cut thing, I’ve always wanted an LPC since seeing Chris DeGarmo with one when I first started playing, but I always thought of those as kinda separate from LP’s, oddly enough.

Not sure which pickups I’m going to put in this, but I’m hellbent on putting zebras in there. Cream/black zebras.

The first week I have it, my neighbors are just going to hear the main lick from “Estranged“ over and over again.

Degarmo, now you're talking!

I've been primarily a strat guy but I've always wanted a LP so managed to get a great deal on a 90s Burny Super Grade a couple of Christmas's ago and it's worth every penny
I'm also after an Epiphone, the Lifeson one

Yours ooks like a stunning guitar and I hope it works for you.

Degarmo, now you're talking!

I've been primarily a strat guy but I've always wanted a LP so managed to get a great deal on a 90s Burny Super Grade a couple of Christmas's ago and it's worth every penny
I'm also after an Epiphone, the Lifeson one

Yours ooks like a stunning guitar and I hope it works for you.

Awesome!

By all accounts, Epiphone is knockin’ them out of the park! I’ve come across a couple reviews of both the Cantrell and the Jones sigs from guys who have Norlin-era LPC’s or are just familiar with Gibsons enough to have an informed reference and there aren’t any complaints coming from anyone, just shock that Epi got it so right! I didn’t even know the Lifeson one was a thing, but damn, it even has the Ghost saddles! That’s awesome and a lot of guitar for $900!

I’ve been all about Strats for the last year, after 20+ years of chugga chugga music on superstrats. I put together a Gilmour-inspired Strat earlier this year and immediately fell in love with Strats/Strat tones and quickly bought another vintage-lookin’ partscaster. Getting into the more vintage/classic tones has been a blast, even though I’m not writing any music using them for the most part and I can’t wait to hear how this thing sounds.

And yeah, it was the “Anybody Listening?” video, DeGarmo has an Alpine White LPC and I just thought it looked badass!

Dude, I'm shure you will love the single cut. You can bash your pick on the strings and it will still sound good 🤘

Very beautiful guitar you ordered, that one will look good on stage too

Cheers 🍻

That top is insane! I rarely see a nice top on a LP and this one is really nice. Love the color too!

I’ve never had the top of a guitar keep my mind wandering like I did last night. I just kept thinking “If I wait too long, someone will buy it, all the others with a top this nice are a couple hundred bucks more…“ I talked myself into making a now or never situation. I’m pretty good at that when I really want to buy something. :tearsofjoy:

I’ve never had the top of a guitar keep my mind wandering like I did last night. I just kept thinking “If I wait too long, someone will buy it, all the others with a top this nice are a couple hundred bucks more…“ I talked myself into making a now or never situation. I’m pretty good at that when I really want to buy something. :tearsofjoy:
I think that's GREAT purchase! Hope it's everything you expect it to be Drew!

I think that's GREAT purchase! Hope it's everything you expect it to be Drew!

Wait until I start taking pics of myself drunkenly playing in my apartment with nothing but leather pants and a tophat on with my gut hanging over the pants and my manboobs getting smushed together from the strap, then send them to you daily in my excitement over owning the thing. We’ll see if you think it’s still a great idea then. :tearsofjoy:

Wait until I start taking pics of myself drunkenly playing in my apartment with nothing but leather pants and a tophat on with my gut hanging over the pants and my manboobs getting smushed together from the strap, then send them to you daily in my excitement over owning the thing. We’ll see if you think it’s still a great idea then. :tearsofjoy:
Uh..., no.
Now I've changed my mind about sending you my Silverburst so it could get some love. 🤣

Those lawsuit Les Pauls are great guitars. My Edwards Les Paul is one of my favorite guitars. Fantastic bang for the buck. I ordered mine online years ago when the Yen was especially weak and got a fantastic deal. Flawless finish and fretwork, all Gotoh hardware and Duncan pickups stock, and even showed up in tune for less than a Epi would have cost me here in the US. I've thought about getting another at some point but not sure how picky US Customs has gotten about those Japan market only items these days.

Man that flame top is insane! Congrats 🤘🤘🤘
Any plans to coil tap the pups for more sounds??

Actually, yeah, for about 15 second before I decided not to. I’m really not a fan of splitting coils, it never does what I want a single coil to do. I dig the idea of keeping this a rock machine where it’s just rolling back the volume knob on a dirty channel. That said, I replace all the guts to my guitars with Mad Hatter stuff and there’s always some coil tapping going on the majority of his kits, so I’ll probably have the option on there but I don’t foresee myself using it much.

We’ll see, I’ve never actually sat down with a Les Paul and dialed in an amp to my tastes with one. I could have a whole different perspective after Thursday night!

Great looking guitar. I can always find one or two Orville's at the pawn shops here in Okinawa. Haven't bought one yet because my rack is full of Edwards, Tokai, and FujiGen LPs. Quality builds in sound and play.

What is amusing is that all of the Japanese guitars players need to have a Gibson or Fender...at exorbitant prices.

The last week or so I’ve been digging into Les Paul’s a bit more, due to the release of the Adam Jones Epiphone and wanting to see how it compared to Norlin-era LP’s. In the midst of that, I was bit by the LP bug for the first time in 30 years of playing guitar. I only really thought the Customs were interesting previous to the last week, but as I was digging around the MIJ LP’s, (Edwards, Burny, Orville, Greco) I came across a few that looked really nice.

I wasn’t even guitar shopping, but I ended up putting a couple on my watch lists and figured I’d give myself 24 hours to debate buying one, knowing I’m still definitely buying the Adam Jones Epi when the next run goes on sale. As I lay there watching TV, I kept thinking about this one particular Orville that had a beautiful top on it. It eventually got the best of me and in 30 seconds of consecutive movements, no hesitation between them, the guitar was ordered.

View attachment 113317
View attachment 113318
View attachment 113319

I cannot wait to get my hands on this. I can’t even remember the last time I played a Les Paul. I’m generally not down with the single cut thing, I’ve always wanted an LPC since seeing Chris DeGarmo with one when I first started playing, but I always thought of those as kinda separate from LP’s, oddly enough.

Not sure which pickups I’m going to put in this, but I’m hellbent on putting zebras in there. Cream/black zebras.

The first week I have it, my neighbors are just going to hear the main lick from “Estranged“ over and over again.
Congrats - that's a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom