Ooops

He said it's a "stellar sounding patch". That says nothing about how realistic it sounds to the real thing, which is what Cliff is talking about....it's about the accuracy.

You would have to ask Ventura what he meant by stellar sounding. Many have complained about the Rectos and many others have found them to be quite good. It's across the board with lots of users on both sides of that fence and many of them actually owning the real amps. My point was that it stands to reason if the issues are in the high gain realm then those that found their patches "stellar" or even sounding just like their real amps were most likely dialing them in at cleaner levels. I happen to know Ventura has quite a lot of experience with many amps.

You would have to ask Ventura what he meant by stellar sounding. Many have complained about the Rectos and many others have found them to be quite good. It's across the board with lots of users on both sides of that fence and many of them actually owning the real amps. My point was that it stands to reason if the issues are in the high gain realm then those that found their patches "stellar" or even sounding just like their real amps were most likely dialing them in at cleaner levels. I happen to know Ventura has quite a lot of experience with many amps.

I'd agree. Many of my patches are lower Gain, so now I can see why I thought some of you were crazy... LOL
I wonder if the VH4 Diezel was off as well since many have complained about that Model as well? I again have moderate gain so I was able to dial in a good sound, but many with the Real VH4 claim it does not behave the same... Maybe it's a high gain problem???

It's very nice to get this kind of news from the Fractal team. Makes me happy to be invested long term in this product. However, is everything with the VH4 ok in the v10 version? In v9 it's stellar (and I've owned and used one for many years) and my favourite model but in v10 it just doesn't sound right. It is my main rhythm and lead sound so I was forced to revert to 9.02 So, should I be sticking with the 9.02 VH4-wise just because it sounds better to my ears or could I hope to use the added features of v10 with my beloved VH4 sound? (If indeed something is off in v10)

Cheers to all and thnx to Fractal for being so great a company.
Ravaya

Absolute respect to you Cliff for listening to your customers and taking the time to address their concerns. Your honesty and integrity are impressive qualities.

I don't use the rectos much myself but I'm really excited about the V9 IRs. Thank you!

I wonder if the VH4 Diezel was off as well since many have complained about that Model as well? I again have moderate gain so I was able to dial in a good sound, but many with the Real VH4 claim it does not behave the same... Maybe it's a high gain problem???

I have not complained, but it would be great if the VH4 models could be checked as well. I once owned a VH4 and as far as I remember the lower end was different than in the current model.

Actually Cliff can you recheck the Plexi Treble as well?

This thing is flubby and bassy from scratch, owned two plexis, i am strictly a lower output SSS strat user and it just doesn't make any sense (no matter the cab, mic or no mic). Never had to deal with such a boomyness on real plexis even with the vol above 8 and i certainly didn't needed to use any kind of EQ to chop the lows and so forth (just the bass to 0 and treble/mids to 10 and increase pres doesn't resolve it for me).

This "issue" (quoted because maybe it's an issue only for me) was very prominent when went from the v8 to v10 and honestly i don't want to go back to V8 (although the best sound i had achieved with the plexi model seems to be with the 5.xx firmware, but what the heck)

Thanks n advance.

Would be cool to finally have a good Rectifier.
I ones tested one in a music store and it sounded totally brutally awesome!
Then I bought one (was not that exact amp) and it sounded like poop. So I renamed the amp to Rectalfire since...

Actually Cliff can you recheck the Plexi Treble as well?

This thing is flubby and bassy from scratch, owned two plexis, i am strictly a lower output SSS strat user and it just doesn't make any sense (no matter the cab, mic or no mic). Never had to deal with such a boomyness on real plexis even with the vol above 8 and i certainly didn't needed to use any kind of EQ to chop the lows and so forth (just the bass to 0 and treble/mids to 10 and increase pres doesn't resolve it for me).

This "issue" (quoted because maybe it's an issue only for me) was very prominent when went from the v8 to v10 and honestly i don't want to go back to V8 (although the best sound i had achieved with the plexi model seems to be with the 5.xx firmware, but what the heck)

Thanks n advance.

Weird...

You're talking about Plexi 100w/50w High?

My impression, based on posts, is that 10's Plexi Highs are regarded to be terrific. And no boomyness at all when using single coils.

Are you using default (reset) settings in the amp block, which cab, which proximity (when using mic simul.)?

Last edited:
Great news !
Including v9 cabs is a great idea, as proposing best of both worlds is always preferable for users comfort :)

On a related note I got permission from Mike at Redwirez to also include the cabinet IRs from V9 so now you'll be able to choose the raw-sounding V10 cabs or the polished-sounding V9 cabs.

Cliff just asking to be clear, will you include all the V9 cabs or just a few?

Back
Top Bottom