Ooops

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The Recto models are messed up. When we were at the studio last I did a Tone Match. Usually the Tone Match data is nearly flat but it was considerably non-flat. I initially dismissed it as something probably being set different between the amp and model since it was late and we were rushing. The other amps all matched perfectly.

So I did a MIMIC on the orange channel today and the data indicated something was very wrong. I rechecked everything and found a bunch of wrong values. I must've copied the data wrong or something.

So...yeah, mea culpa. I'm going to have to go back and do all the channels, ugh.

On a related note I got permission from Mike at Redwirez to also include the cabinet IRs from V9 so now you'll be able to choose the raw-sounding V10 cabs or the polished-sounding V9 cabs.

So, based on my previous comments in that other thread, does this mean I'm going to piss myself when I hear the improved versions? :)

FWIW, I thought the current ones were pretty darn good.

So, based on my previous comments in that other thread, does this mean I'm going to piss myself when I hear the improved versions? :)

FWIW, I thought the current ones were pretty darn good.

I don't know. I'm puzzled as to what happened so I'm just going to redo everything. I do know there was a capacitor in the Drive network that was off by 1000. If you use a lot of gain this will cause things to be very flubby.

I don't know. I'm puzzled as to what happened so I'm just going to redo everything. I do know there was a capacitor in the Drive network that was off by 1000. If you use a lot of gain this will cause things to be very flubby.

You are going to redo all the Rectos?

Thanks for the update, Cliff! I don't use many Mesa models but I do miss the V9 cab versions for recording. The V10 are mighty sweet for live use, though!

All I can say is that it takes a very big man to step up to the plate and admit to a mistake such as this. It takes an even bigger man to admit this to his clientele.

I own my own business (much smaller than his) and I know how difficult this is to do. I commend Cliff for showing us that sometimes even the incredibly talented genius can get it wrong on occasion...even by a 1,000. LOL...Whatever that means specifically.

I would eat cotton curtains to show my appreciation for this crap.

Peace be with you.

And here I thought the Recto Red was a stellar sounding patch - but I used very little gain comparatively.

good to know, I've been struggling with the Recto (i got it to sound pretty good but it wasn't as easy as it usually is)

Love the integrity man! ;) that IS a hard thing to admit, but hey, everyone makes mistakes right?

I always say that a man who hasn't made mistakes is a man who hasn't tried!

I too found something funny with the rectos, but I thought it was just me.

Being wrong once after being right a hundred times before is still darn admirable in my books! ;)

Thanks, Cliff - I thought something was wrong with them, myself, but don't currently own any Boogies, so I was staying out of the fray. I have had 3 MKIV's, a DCII, a Dual Rec, and a TOV, though so I do come into it with a little background....:mrgreen.
I didn't have anything to directly compare them with, but the Reds and Oranges in the FW10 patches do seem a little muddy, or something - they just don't seem to have the clarity and distinction that the other patches have. I initially liked them, but after comparing them with my other amp patches in FW10, I didn't think they measured up, and put them aside. Thanks, so much, for recognizing the flip-flop, and taking care of it - I'm REALLY looking forward to the new ones. FW10 sounds great to me, except these (and maybe the D**bles, but I don't have one to compare to).
You DA' MAN!

thanks for your very professional and transparency attitude cliff. And anyway, there are so much great amps to play with apart from rectos, i'haven't been messed up !!
always improving:that's the FAS-way of business . love it !

funny I was about to write off the rectos, but with a tm got a good match for Mark (usa bright)

Back
Top Bottom