Only Input Block 2 causes Buzz

garbard

Hello,

I am getting buzz/hum/noise from Input Block 2. This was discovered when myself and another guitarist were playing out of the same unit. I have tried different guitars/cables, and nothing changes. I tried using Inputs 1 and 3 going through Output 2 and the buzz went away, so I know it has nothing to do with the Outputs. The physical input 2 Left and Right line inputs yield the same buzz, so I am wondering if it is not the hardware, but just the Input 2 block somehow. I don't know how the physical components are manufactured, so I guess there could be an issue where they converge. I can reduce the noise by using a gate set to around -20db, but that is only a temporary solution.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated before I send it off to have FA look at it.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am getting buzz/hum/noise from Input Block 2. This was discovered when myself and another guitarist were playing out of the same unit. I have tried different guitars/cables, and nothing changes. I tried using Inputs 1 and 3 going through Output 2 and the buzz went away, so I know it has nothing to do with the Outputs. The physical input 2 Left and Right line inputs yield the same buzz, so I am wondering if it is not the hardware, but just the Input 2 block somehow. I don't know how the physical components are manufactured, so I guess there could be an issue where they converge. I can reduce the noise by using a gate set to around -20db, but that is only a temporary solution.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated before I send it off to have FA look at it.

Thank you in advance!
you get the buzz with something plugged into Input 2? or is the buzz there when you don't have something plugged in and In2 is on the grid?

Hi, thanks for the quick response!

I switched the input to left only and that helped reduce the noise. Sorry it was something so simple. I am rather new to this.

Thanks a million Chris and Fractal Audio Admin!!

Hi, thanks for the quick response!

I switched the input to left only and that helped reduce the noise. Sorry it was something so simple. I am rather new to this.

Thanks a million Chris and Fractal Audio Admin!!
no problem. a short explanation is that Input 2 is a unique input jack which allows for some specific features, but a small drawback isthat with nothing plugged in, it can create noise. leaving the right side unplugged yet having it ready for input in the Input 2 Mode will give it opportunity to make this noise. that's why setting it to Left Only stops the noise.

so do remember if you happen to use that preset and don't have Input 2 plugged in, it will create that noise again. i personally use Input 3 (or 4) for additional guitars because of this, and i also keep Input 2 available for line level XLR inputs if needed.

no problem. a short explanation is that Input 2 is a unique input jack which allows for some specific features, but a small drawback isthat with nothing plugged in, it can create noise. leaving the right side unplugged yet having it ready for input in the Input 2 Mode will give it opportunity to make this noise. that's why setting it to Left Only stops the noise.

so do remember if you happen to use that preset and don't have Input 2 plugged in, it will create that noise again. i personally use Input 3 (or 4) for additional guitars because of this, and i also keep Input 2 available for line level XLR inputs if needed.
This is exactly what I intend to do from now on. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom