One Question for FAS

I'm not a lawyer & I dont know the laws in the US. The management has a responsibility to stakeholders, employees and customers. Disclosing internal company information (such as production capacity) could be damaging to their business. Should the FAS business be damaged in any way, then customers would also suffer. Get it!

Is fractal a publicly traded company?

I believe it's a registered LLC - in other words, a non-public organization.

"A limited liability company (LLC) is the United States-specific form of a private limited company. It is a business structure that combines the pass-through taxation of a partnership or sole proprietorship with the limited liability of a corporation."

One of the main reasons to stay an LLC is to be able to keep things like this secret. Public companies have an obligation to share the plan and metrics :)

I get a kick at all the post's that state " I need to plan for upcoming gigs". If you are in a band and do not have the equipment to play now, waiting on a newly built just getting released product to complete your rig doesn't seem very good to me! Are ya'll waiting for the AX8 to begin playing gigs?
I am very excited about the AX8 but, I do not think posting such is going to make Fas feel sorry for us and get them out any quicker. I am not going to cancel any gig's waiting for it! I wont lose any sleep either!
I for one am not planning gigs around the arrival of my AX8, but am playing crippled because my Axe-FX was stolen in November. Two months without my most important piece of gear has forced me to compromise the quality I deliver. sure, I can lug my old amp along, plug up a few stompboxes, and get all of the notes out there just like before. But the reason I had an Axe-FX in the first place was because it made every one of those notes sound better. I know the AX8 will too. The old DSP 2101 just can't fill the gap, and I can't afford a Helix now and an AX8 later. So I'll just keep wishing mine was already here, if that's ok.

After we fix Fractal I think we should move on to Apple
Definitely - I mean, they are a multi-billion dollar, multi-national company and yet still have people waiting after release date for the iPhone; I mean, geez, get your act together already!!

We all respect the work FAS has done on the AX8 and their right to make business-staffing decisions as best they see fit. That's THEIR BUSINESS! And, I for one, applaud the work they do!

I use to check the 'waitlist" three times a day, then once a day, every two days, and now I'm checking here about once a week. For me, its the not knowing part. I need to plan for shows and gigs coming up, financial issues so I have the money set aside......maybe buy a better monitor or a guitar. Maybe take a family vacation??

I would like to see ONE answer from FAS. Given the current waitlist numbers up till the end of November, let's assume that all on the waitlist buy the AX8, we (FAS) expect everyone on that list to receive an invite by....???...the end of Feb, end of May, next September?? Also, for all our friends in the EU, same thing.

Is that too much to ask??
By human nature we lust for things, hence the term GAS (gear aquisition syndrome). With companies like Apple, it's part of their scheme. Convince people they need something and keep excitement/interest level high by keeping supply less than demand (at least at first). People stand in line for days waiting for a new iPhone. That's exactly what Fractal is doing to us with each each new product they announce. I don't have issue with it, just call 'em as I see 'em.

Back
Top Bottom