OMG Those Reverbs

Yes. I've run through all the algorithms, but I've spent the day steeped in the big ones doing work. They're all exceptional. I really like London Plate, North Church and South Church for smaller space types.

Good, glad to hear it. Both blocks are true stereo through, right?

Sweet! A polyphonic pad built from reverb & delays. (polyphany as per the guitar chords)

I've always done those sort of sounds on a keyboard synth. I think I'll cobble something similar together on the AX8 in the meantime. Thanks for the inspiration!

When you say “true stereo” what are you thinking? When it comes to reverb, that term means different things to different people.

True stereo means not summing my carefully crafted upstream stereo image. I realize that a small amount of R and L input get combined in the wet mix, as it does in my Bricasti. But that's different from completely summing my analog stereo chorused 2 high gain amps panned R and L the way the verb blocks in my 2XL+ did..

True stereo means not summing my carefully crafted upstream stereo image. I realize that a small amount of R and L input get combined in the wet mix, as it does in my Bricasti. But that's different from completely summing my analog stereo chorused 2 high gain amps panned R and L the the verb blocks in my 2XL+...
You’re saying that the panned right amp appears in the left output due to a Reverb block?

True stereo means not summing my carefully crafted upstream stereo image. I realize that a small amount of R and L input get combined in the wet mix, as it does in my Bricasti. But that's different from completely summing my analog stereo chorused 2 high gain amps panned R and L the way the verb blocks in my 2XL+ did..
I think it’s still summing but I’ll check tomorrow.

It did until I started running the 2 verb blocks in parallel with only a L and R input on each and stereo outs on both.
In the Axe II Reverb, the dry signal is mixed into the output in stereo. The left and right sum is only used to feed the reverb engine.

In the Axe II Reverb, the dry signal is mixed into the output in stereo. The left and right sum is only used to feed the reverb engine.

I understand, but I get a fuller, more detailed sound with the 2 blocks running parallel discrete L R single/mono input. Im very familiar with these issues from my big rack. I was very happy when I retired my LXP15's for the Bricasti and a TC4000...

Back
Top Bottom