OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

Hi Scott. Make sure that in OMG 9, the bank size is 6. And don't change it to 3 when you go to OMG3 (or FM3 Alone as I called it originally). You have to stay in bank size 6.

I also believe that the OMG3 layouts I exported are ALL LAYOUTS. so you don't have to go through re-importing anything. Just load ALL LAYOUTS. I had to change several things to make this work, not just the FM3 Alone Layout.

I also believe that the OMG3 layouts I exported are ALL LAYOUTS. so you don't have to go through re-importing anything. Just load ALL LAYOUTS. I had to change several things to make this work, not just the FM3 Alone Layout.
Is it safe to assume that the OMG3 ALL LAYOUTS will not overwrite a previously installed OMG9? I want to try OMG3 but rely on OMG9 currently. (My FC configs with OMG9 are backed up and I can reinstall OMG9 if necessary, I'm just wondering.)

Is it safe to assume that the OMG3 ALL LAYOUTS will not overwrite a previously installed OMG9? I want to try OMG3 but rely on OMG9 currently. (My FC configs with OMG9 are backed up and I can reinstall OMG9 if necessary, I'm just wondering.)
Yes.

Hi Scott. Make sure that in OMG 9, the bank size is 6. And don't change it to 3 when you go to OMG3 (or FM3 Alone as I called it originally). You have to stay in bank size 6.

Okay I will load ALL LAYOUTS, power off / on and see what we get.

@Patzag I just spent about 45 minutes trying the file named "OMG3 - Bank size 6.fclayout".
It works GREAT! (I never changed the bank size away from 6 in this testing)

I tried all the possibilities I could think of to get it to malfunction, but it always performed right.
Even when I started it either way in OMG3 or OMG9 modes, I just manually chose the layout to start 4 or 8, plugged in the FASlink connection and it worked perfect! Or disconnect the FASlink cable set to layout 4 and you're in OMG3.

One interesting thing I saw on the OMG3, when in tuner mode, if you press the LEVEL -/+ you very briefly see a flash on the screen showing the level change.

This now gives me the instant flexibility I was looking for.

One more question, for others wanting to try this, do they still load the OMG9 all layouts and then the OMG3 - Bank size 6.?
With several different threads going and more than a few layout files out there, it can be confusing.
It would be great if we could clean that up to avoid confusion and frustration.

So a big Thank you to @Patzag !!!

No. This is an ALL LAYOUT layout.
And it works great!

Between the FM3, OMG3, an FC-6 and a HeadRush 108 FRFR, it makes a very small travel rig that can fit in a tiny amount of space on stage. I can use the FC-6 when there's a little more space, or easily use just the FM3.

Now, if the FM3 could sense whether the FC-6 was attached and switch to the right startup layout....

Last edited:
I'm a new FM3 user and got this working. Just wanted to say thanks to the creators and Patzag for posting the FM3/only version.

Back
Top Bottom