No USB lead provided ?

eoinlandy

Am I right in thinking that no USB lead is provided when you buy an Axe-fx II.
Got mine today from G66, went to update firmware etc and couldn't find one in the box.

I have a couple of these lying around. Can't remember what they all came with. It must be the same as they use for USB printers or flatbed scanners. Certainly anyone that has anything to do with computers should have at least one?

BTW. Many printers that use these don't come with one either. And those printers don't have any other purpose than be connected to a computer by one of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
It's just a standard USB lead, you might be able to use one from another piece of equipment you have like a printer or scanner etc.
I use the one from my Mbox2 but my Pod XT and keyboard one also work.

I have a couple of these lying around. Can't remember what they all came with. It must be the same as they use for USB printers or flatbed scanners. Certainly anyone that has anything to do with computers should have at least one?

BTW. Many printers that use these don't come with one either. And those printers don't have any other purpose than be connected to a computer by one of these.

I have a collection of these as well.

this thread is silly...

A midi cable is never included with gear, a USB cable isn't a given either. You can't borrow one from some other piece of equipment?

I assumed most people have like 5 or 10 of these packed in drawers or closets. We are talking like 3 dollars here. Probably spent more money on internet time to make the post. :)

No worries all. Wasn't moaning. I simply don't have one (don't own any scanners/printers despite working in IT) but will buy one tomorrow. Was just looking forward to hooking the axe-fx up to the computer. Had assumed you get one.

No worries all. Wasn't moaning. I simply don't have one (don't own any scanners/printers despite working in IT) but will buy one tomorrow. Was just looking forward to hooking the axe-fx up to the computer. Had assumed you get one.

All is good. Just messing with you a bit. Hope you are not offended. :)

Odd that you work in IT (as do I) though and dont have any around. I have a closet full of old PC parts and every type of cable known to mankind x3. I thought everyone had that junk drawer you always go searching through for that obsecure PC part.

OMG... Im a hoarder! Oh the humanity! :shock

Last edited:
Mmmm... Pop Tarts...

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Mmmm... Pop Tarts...

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

... please no more pop tarts!! one thread is enough with it morphing into pop tarts when it clearly should of been toaster stroodles... hands down

... please no more pop tarts!! one thread is enough with it morphing into pop tarts when it clearly should of been toaster stroodles... hands down

But toaster stroodles require manual icing. That's a lot of effort! :)

Pretty much the same here - I don't own a printer, and don't want one. I have an ABSURD amount of cables of just about every shape, size and connection you can dream about, and a drawer just about full of these USB A-B cables.

Might wanna get a couple midi cables, xlr cables and patch cables too. And throw in a box of pop tarts while you're out shopping! ;)

But toaster stroodles require manual icing. That's a lot of effort! :)

ahhh... but worth the effort. Kind of like waiting for the rebate coupon for the Axe II... or having you pix done with the Stanley Cup. Worth the effort!!:D You been watching the World Junior's at all?

Back
Top Bottom