NL12 Neolight ( 17lb ) are in stock ready for shipping

The dry IMO needs to go through a real cab. It has to be a raw -- I think that is one of the secret ingredients of the WDW "recipe"

Yep that's exactly the right. I think of it as "being able to hear the weave of the speaker cones....". I can't see the point of trying to model that, especially if you have to spent a LOT of money reproducing it using a cab sim and FRFR.

None of the clubs/pubs I play in have FOH systems for the band. Not one. I would love to play at a club that has FOH like a few of the cats here do --- but honestly that does not exist in NJ and even in the clubs I occasionally play in NY.

The way we setup is fairly straight forward and I think it is fairly typical for pub bands.

We are a 6 piece band

Keyboards (plays horns on keys as well)
Drummer
Bass
2 singers
1 guitar - me

Sometimes we bring in a sax player.

PA - vocals only
Everybody else is on their own :lol

What does the Keyboard player do without a PA?

What does the Keyboard player do without a PA?

He sings backup :lol

He brings his own amp for his keys to the gig.

In all seriousness he has some old crate amp that he uses that he did some mods to and he has a couple of slider EQs that he has next to his main keyboard -- and there is no changing him.

The man is a fantastic keyboard player and he learns and plays all the horn arrangements as well (we play R&B -- lots of horns). He likes is old BOS amp and he sounds good through it.

why change something that is not broken?

If the 2x12 offered two inputs then setting up the Wet/dry rig would be even easier (I think) -- you would not need any cab sims for the non-FRFR, and you would use the same cab sims for the FRFR 2x12.

Not sure if a stacked 2x12 would sound good for this application ---- only one way to find out :)

The plus of WDW lays in separation between dry and wet, and the way they sum on air.
If you have a stereo setup, try to feed one channel dry (od, comp, wha, amp [cab]) (use the loop) and the other channel adding all kind of fx you like, setting time fx almost wet. You will have a sound that is 80% closer to WDW.

That's me!! I sing back up too, only... no mic. I love to sing, so this works out good for everybody! I can hear myself, and I'm the only one that should! :lol

In all seriousness he has some old crate amp that he uses that he did some mods to and he has a couple of slider EQs that he has next to his main keyboard -- and there is no changing him.

The man is a fantastic keyboard player and he learns and plays all the horn arrangements as well (we play R&B -- lots of horns). He likes is old BOS amp and he sounds good through it.

Sounds like my keyboard player with the horns and the sliders etc.... and he has a real wooden Leslie... sounds killer, I just couldn't imagine him without running through our band PA. He sounds massive as it is, but if he just had a little one speaker amp, he would sound pretty whimpy.... We play more classic rock type stuff where the keys are pretty big part of the sound though too.

I'm real curious to hear how you like the new NL12 vs. the CFR or Q12. I'm thinking about either of those, but would like to keep the option open of using CAB sims, yet still have a more real guitar amp in room sound.

Reactions: LVC

My man is exactly the same - uses a Fender solid state guitar amp.

Recently he spent over £3k on a new keyboard, so I'm working on him getting something proper - and am (still) trying to find out more about the CLR in this respect.

My man is exactly the same - uses a Fender solid state guitar amp.

Recently he spent over £3k on a new keyboard, so I'm working on him getting something proper - and am (still) trying to find out more about the CLR in this respect.

No changing my keyboard player. He is set 100% in his ways.

End of the day, we are nothing more than simple meat and potatoes pub players and proud of it!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the Larry rig vid. That was cool.

this is definitely what i plan to do ... to actually be able to setup a wet/dry rig that is compact and light weight would be incredible.

The NL12 for the Dry guitar
The Q12 for the Wet
Control the mix with the A/B Levels from the GT1000 front panel

The question is how the hell do you setup a preset layout for this?

Does anybody have a paint by numbers w/d layout? :lol

Once I have a basic layout then I can add the goodies in the appropriate slots.

I would think you need to use your FXL block for output 2 for wet. Split your signal after your basic tone blocks (AMP, drives, comp, etc.). In one path you would put all your wet effects and the last block would be the FXL block to output 2. The other chain would remain empty (at least nothing you want in your "dry" signal), but you would route it all the way to the end which would send to output 1.

I think this would work, but I might be overlooking something...

None of the clubs/pubs I play in have FOH systems for the band. Not one. I would love to play at a club that has FOH like a few of the cats here do --- but honestly that does not exist in NJ and even in the clubs I occasionally play in NY.

Plus one on this, at least for cover bands in NY. I think I've only once played at a place that had a PA. We bring our own. All this stuff about the sound man this and the sound man that . . . it's alien to me. Our singer does it (which I know is not ideal).

Reactions: LVC
my question is this: since I always have to have a box fan on stage with me, will it blow over the NL-12? :)

I hope that it is so light that it will fall over if someone farts on stage. :lol

the lighter it is -- the better for me!

A friend of mine ordered one of the Welagen SSS amps. I think he takes delivery by end of summer.

As soon as he gets that amp, I will be over there with the 2x12 (I am sure I will have it by then) and try to dial in my Dumble clean patch to a particular clean setting I love in that amp.

The amp has a low cut and a high cut filter which are key to the overall tone shaping -- will need some technical advice before I do it on where to setup similar filters in the Axe to match the topography of the amp (if that is even possible).

If anybody ever has the chance to play one of those amps -- jump on it!

It's interesting you like the Dumble sound, I used a Dumble model for the clean tones in both videos.

It's interesting you like the Dumble sound, I used a Dumble model for the clean tones in both videos.

Makes sense, I am attracted to the tone of a Dumble like a moth to flame.

I am a full blown "Dumblehead" and have been for years. :lol

I have owned Dumble clones and D style from the following builders

Bludotone
Carol-Ann
Fuchs
Glaswerks

Depending on the voicing, Dumbles can have the best and the biggest Fender style cleans on the planet.

The prospect of "finally" being able to setup a light weight and compact Dumble Wet/Dry rig is very exciting to say the least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom