Next delivery Ultra G66

Kohe321 said:
Still no shipment, I guess it didn't come in this week. Fingers crossed next week is the week it comes.
+1

42.gif

It seems that there are a lot of upcoming users from Europe. I hope that this new shipment will be big enough to give us what we all are waiting for. Yet, there is no solid information about this shipment. I keep my fingers crossed for Sussi and g66 to come up with some good news soon :)

anyway this is the update:
it's Thursday and still no sign.

cheers,
mike

Yeah, let's unite the goodwill ;) I hope G66 looks up here and take the note that we are crazy about the unit and we will be first to send the units once they are in Europe :twisted:

Next week is hopefully the week then. Anyone got any recent updates from Sussi about when it may arrive? Last I heard was that it was delayed due to thanksgiving.

Hi guys,
Can I join you waiting club? I am waiting from my ultra from G66 since 3 months now :(
No news from Sussi this WE, I doubt that there will be an Axe fx under our Christmas tree...

Well when you guys finally do get your Ultras, cross your fingers you don't need any repairs done. Mine died on me about 2 months ago and they're unable to even fix it because they have no parts either! They couldn't even send me a replacement Ultra because once again, no stock.

I got so sick of it, I ended up buying a secondhand one that became available. The AxeFX is a pro unit with very unprofessional service. Very disappointed. I'll be keeping the Ultra I currently have when I EVENTUALLY get my other Ultra back just incase something like this happens again.

So I'm up and running again no help to FAS. Cost me a small fortune but I couldn't wait any longer due to studio sessions, soundtracks, etc.

So unprofessional. No compensation of any sort either. I'll no longer be waving the Fractal banner to all my colleagues.

rdomain said:
Well when you guys finally do get your Ultras, cross your fingers you don't need any repairs done. Mine died on me about 2 months ago and they're unable to even fix it because they have no parts either! They couldn't even send me a replacement Ultra because once again, no stock.
True.

I am not gigging with mine but I am waiting for 3 months now (I sold my Standard to buy an Ultra) and I am really getting angry. The products are amazing but if you can't back up demand and repair services there is something wrong.
That's probably the reason why most pros have two Ultras.

Exactly. I'll be owning 2 from now on. This doesn't seem to be an isolated case either. It seems we're all too polite around here. Here's a reply I got from the person I bought my current one from.

I found Fractal to be very unsupportive in general, which is very sad.
I have been tempted to post a thread such as "why is all the thanks here one way only?".
Other companies thank their users, not so Great God Cliff - he treats us like morons to be despised.
The responses I had from his support bloke, Marty, were bordering on hostile.

Hope you have better luck with them than I had, old son!

Great product. Terrible support and service. I've bought a Standard and 2 Ultras now.... not enough loyalty??
A real shame.

rdomain said:
No compensation of any sort either.
I usually don't respond to this type of post, but I was in one of those moods.. so.....

Maybe things are different down under, but when your car, guitar, TV, computer, IPhone, ITouch, IPad, microwave, Stove/cooktop, Refrigerator, washer/dryer, plumbing or other device goes out, do you get compensated? If your part isn't available from the local "authorized service center" you are SOL, whether its a Sears Washer, a Roland GT10, or a freakin' Lexus!! Do you get compensated for that? No, of course you don't.
What if the the roof of your house gets ripped off in a storm or your car floods?
Compensation? I don't think so. That's what insurance is for.

So why do you expect something different from FAS when their device has a problem??
If you needed complete "continuity" perhaps you should have bought two [up front] like the pro's do?
It's like backing up your data from your computer... it's never a problem until your hard drive crashes. Ooops !!
So why is this any different?? You should ALWAYS have a backup unit, or something that allows you to get by if something dies mid-gig, especially if it's a source of income. I mean, SH*T HAPPENS dood!

And what does loyalty have to do with it?? If it ain't available, it ain't available, and no amount of complaining is going to fix that. Sure, it's annoying, frustrating, even make you downright "fit to kill" [+ other expletives] when something you paid big $$ dies and isn't instantly put right. But why is lack of planning on your part a FAS problem?
My $0.02

Well if the company is at fault, I believe that it is fair to be compensated in some form purely out of courtesy. (I haven't gone into all the rigmarole I had to endure up to this point... yet.) And I have been compensated before from other companies such as a motoring company seeing you mentioned one. Also I have backup rigs so there's no lack of planning on my behalf but I'd rather have my main rig for truly professional results. Now that I own 2 Ultras now, I'll be fine.

Save your dosh kiddies because you need to buy 2 of them to be 'professional'. It'd be nice if the company was professional too. It's in the companies best interests to look after ALL their customers because word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising there is. As I said before, I was a huge FAS fanboy and all my colleagues knew. Now I'll keep quiet... for now. :ugeek:

Back on topic...

s0c9 said:
rdomain said:
No compensation of any sort either.
I usually don't respond to this type of post, but I was in one of those moods.. so.....

Maybe things are different down under, but when your car, guitar, TV, computer, IPhone, ITouch, IPad, microwave, Stove/cooktop, Refrigerator, washer/dryer, plumbing or other device goes out, do you get compensated? If your part isn't available from the local "authorized service center" you are SOL, whether its a Sears Washer, a Roland GT10, or a freakin' Lexus!! Do you get compensated for that? No, of course you don't.
What if the the roof of your house gets ripped off in a storm or your car floods?
Compensation? I don't think so. That's what insurance is for.

So why do you expect something different from FAS when their device has a problem??
If you needed complete "continuity" perhaps you should have bought two [up front] like the pro's do?
It's like backing up your data from your computer... it's never a problem until your hard drive crashes. Ooops !!
So why is this any different?? You should ALWAYS have a backup unit, or something that allows you to get by if something dies mid-gig, especially if it's a source of income. I mean, SH*T HAPPENS dood!

And what does loyalty have to do with it?? If it ain't available, it ain't available, and no amount of complaining is going to fix that. Sure, it's annoying, frustrating, even make you downright "fit to kill" [+ other expletives] when something you paid big $$ dies and isn't instantly put right. But why is lack of planning on your part a FAS problem?
My $0.02

And so the sycophantic vitriol begins......

Things that could or do go wrong............
Bad PC RAM replacement time - 1.5 hours.
Dead washing machine - repairer comes out same day.
Car breaks down - road-side assistance within the hour.
Broken LCD/CRT - never.
Wheel falls off car - never.
Blocked toilet - plumber comes out either today or tomorrow morning.
Amp blows up - not since 1974.
Speaker dies during gig - um, really?!
Guitar stops - never.
Cable stops - replace with another one - 1 minute.
Wireless stops - use working cable.
String breaks - replace - 1 minute or less.
Road crew accidentally breaks real vintage Gold Top before gig - once, 1977 - use spare L Series Strat instead (ah, those were the days....)
Fuzz pedal dies - replace with another one - 2 minutes - or not.
Fuzz follow up - repairer fixes next day with time for coffee & a chat.
Rocktron Patchmate dies - never.
Rocktron All Access dies - never.
Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL dies - never.
Wah wah dies - never.
An RME product hangs or mis-behaves in any way - never in 12 years of constant use.
Samplitude stops - use earlier version already installed - 5 minutes at no extra cost.
Mic pre dies - never.
An SSL I've worked on dies - never.
A Neve VR I've mixed on dies - never.
Same with Harrison, Amek, Mitsubishi etc etc etc - never.
Quested/Genelec/EMES blows up whilst recording/mixing/mastering - never.

Er. sorry - I think've I missed something - why is it that we should buy spares of the Ultra?........
Ah, of course, because it's "good" & "perfect" & we mere consumers shan't complain.

the thing is that there is no unbreakable gear, everytime you get on stage you take this risk. I had played many gigs until on the biggest show ever (sadium show for 30k ppl) my wireless system suddenly went down...

anyways, do you have any updates on the new shipment?? Sussi hasn't given any informations for last couple of days (like two weeks now)...I ordered Ultra on Nov 1st and it's been really long time of waiting....

will be glad for any substancial informations,
best,

Mike aka Crank

onebaldbloke said:
<gibberish deleted>
Er. sorry - I think've I missed something - why is it that we should buy spares of the Ultra?........
Ah, of course, because it's "good" & "perfect" & we mere consumers shan't complain.

Dude, WTF is your problem? You're the only person being vitriolic here...

No one said you HAD to buy a second ultra. The point being made is just that when you have one piece of gear that basically comprises your entire rig and you're relying on it for live performance it makes a lot sense to have a back up because whether you like it or not sh*t happens, heck it doesn't even have to break it could get STOLEN.

Anyway, since the Axe is extremely reliable I sure as hell wouldn't outlay the money for a second ultra that I'll almost certainly never use. Just get a cheap POD HD300, Digitech RP155, Tech 21 character pedal or SOMETHING in case the unthinkable happens. Sure you'll probably never need it, but a small cheap back up makes sense even if you're not Steve Vai on a world tour. Mine is an old pod xt unit that can be dragged out in a pinch. Get your head straight, man.

Back
Top Bottom