NEW The Amp Factory IR Captures (The Next Step thread references) (Clips)

Gamedojo

Power User
I'm lucky enough to be a tester for the IR captures Andy over at The Amp Factory is creating.

He's approaching these IRs more from a studio perspective with IR captures that are mix ready taking out the guesswork from the end user.

He plans on releasing all of these with the RAW individual mic'd IRs as well as the mixed/EQ'd versions I am demoing. I USUALLY like taking raw IRs and making my own personal sounds, but these Mix ready ones are good out of the box.

The intent is to use inside a studio in a recording program and not inside a Kemper or AxeFx, but for demo purposes, I installed them into the Axe. The IRs are trunkated from 250ms to the UltraRes™ 170ms, but they still demo great.

• 1971 Stratocaster
• Morgan AC-20 Bass Amp Model in AxeFx (STOCK SETTINGS)

Evil Robot 1x12 Speaker Cab

Marshall 1watt JTM 1x12 Speaker Cab

Alnico Gold

Jensen inside a 1x12 Cornell Cab

Swart Speaker Cab

Redplate custom V30 1x12 Speaker

Fargen Warehouse Green Baret

Two Rock G12H 1x12

NEW
RWB Speaker

NEW
Toneking KING Speaker

**MORE DEMO COMING- ANDY SENDS ME THEM TWO(Speaker collections) AT A TIME**

(Note, I used the same guitar and same amp on each of the recordings to keep a baseline. Obviously its always good to tweak settings to best match how the IR is effecting the sound, but its a good showcase on quality of the IR captures)

My initial response to the experience of playing these IR captures is the clarity and transparency of the sound. The guitar is right up front in the mix, but allowing for great dynamics. No mud, no shrill. Good woody midrange that represents the speaker its capturing will IMO.

Last edited:
This is probably the most anticipated IR pack for me because the selection of cabs are outstanding and right in line with my tastes.

Wow! That Jensen/Cornell. Outstanding. And some noodly, noodly. Love it. That sounds like an inspiring IR.

And all done with a Strat into the Morgan AC20 model. So sweet.

There is not enough time in the day. So many great amps and IRs.

Back
Top Bottom