New Looper block ??

Interested in this as well..as far as I gather it's a stand alone block so you can use two delays in a preset plus the looper, a minute recording time and the same play, record, ext, functions as the ultra.
If there is any more info, it would be good to know.

Apparently you can't store the loops (that's what a memory slot would be for).
60 seconds is a long time for live loops only.

All I know is that if you run Axe-II Looper in reverse, the space time continium shifts out of phase by 240 seconds, giving you only 4 minutes to save the world. Yeea...

I don't remember seeing this about the Ultra but does the Axe II looper quantize loops or is it planned to ever have some sort of quantize feature?

I could finally get rid of my Boss Looper.

Hi,

for me the looper block is one of the crucial improvements which convinced me ordering the axe-fx2.
I would really love a facility of saving recorded loops and play them at any time i wish. Best would be to save serveral loops and choose which of them to play. But i presume that is only dreaming :)

60 seconds is a long time for live loops only.

60 second looper? That could be an excellent song writing tool! Especially if you have a DAW, with the USB thing hooked up. Cue up a drum loop, hit record on the DAW, get a bass loop going in the Axe-FX, change out for your guitar, start jamming!!! When you have jammed all you can, listen back, slice, and dice, and viola! New song time!

Sounds like it could be fun.

Has anyone attempted to sync the looper externally?...(this goes with Avenyr's post on Qauntization)
I would love to be able to work a looper with the band. We already use tracks and a metronome on every tune comin' from a MAC/MOTU.
I would be surprised if the Axe will do this well. Maybe I need to run my DAW live??..suggestions??

In other words, a very limited looper. This is too bad, since some of us use the looper extensively in a live setup and would love to use the sounds of the AXE but can't get rid of the dedicated loopers (RC-50 for me).

Looper wish list:

* Quantization
* Dedicated memory (for saving previous performances)
* Stereo playback (I'm actually not sure if it currently offers it, but I just don't use the looper funcion of my Ultra so I don't know)

The reason i was really looking forward getting the axefx2 was the new looper block. But to hear it is the same as in the ultra only improved by recording time makes me thinking about if it is worth buying the second edition.
An alternitive would be the ultra + a dedicated looper device. But except for the boss looper control i was not able to find any of such a device. Especially because i am search for a rack device which i can control with the mfc.
Do some of you guys know if there is such a looper-rack-device, comparable to the boss pedal but just as a rack version?

And do you think it is possible to extent the looper block of the axefx2 (with a firmware upgrade) in such a way that it has e.g. the facility of saving you recorded loops?

Greetings!

Last edited:
The reason i was really looking forward getting the axefx2 was the new looper block. But to hear it is the same as in the ultra only improved by recording time makes me thinking about if it is worth buying the second edition.
An alternitive would be the ultra + a dedicated looper device. But except for the boss looper control i was not able to find any of such a device. Especially because i am search for a rack device which i can control with the mfc.
Do some of you guys know if there is such a looper-rack-device, comparable to the boss pedal but just as a rack version?

And do you think it is possible to extent the looper block of the axefx2 (with a firmware upgrade) in such a way that it has e.g. the facility of saving you recorded loops?

Greetings!

Hi,
my first post here.
For me the looperblock is also a dissapointment. It also seems to be mono. I am wating for the release of the strymon Timeline, which is said to have a full featured looper - 30 sec in stereo. No storage, but for live-looping I don't believe this is a must.
I hope for an Ultra-update with the Delay-Hold-Switch.
Greetings

Looper wish list:

* Quantization
* Dedicated memory (for saving previous performances)
* Stereo playback (I'm actually not sure if it currently offers it, but I just don't use the looper funcion of my Ultra so I don't know)

This x 50,000.

With all that nice and shiny empty space in the Axe II, this has to be achievable right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please. This is nearly a deal breaker here.

Looperlative is another product. The developer is still working out the bugs though. Quantization, sync and latency over a MIDI buss, I think are still the biggies. A MIDI looper needs to be "Fractalized". Fractal builds one THAT WORKS flawlessly, I WILL BUY IT!

I always liked the DL4's version of the Half speed/Double speed feature. Wish that could be added. That being said I still can't wait for my II to come. Should be Amazing.

Right now the looper block is the same as the Ultra except you have 60 seconds worth of loop time.
Notice he said "Right now"... this would lead me to believe (because Sean is a beta tester and especially since the looper is in its own block now) that it will (at a later point in time) be enhanced some some FAS goodness. :D

P.S. I wouldn't doubt that Cliff would make that looper one of the best "loopers" on the market (without the store/recall memory option)... I bet that it will have at least the Quantize feature... some other folks have suggested lowering the sample rate to double the length (when speaking about the Ultra) so maybe something like this can be done here with all the new room for "upgrades". I really like the half-speed double-speed option you guys talked about... of course this is all speculation... :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom