New Axe-Fx II Drivers v168

Is there going to be a Windows 8 driver available soon? I run the windows 7 driver in Windows 8 at the moment, but I had to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode.

Best Regards

Nidhogg

Is there going to be a Windows 8 driver available soon? I run the windows 7 driver in Windows 8 at the moment, but I had to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode.

Best Regards

Nidhogg
Did you do a fresh install or install over the top? I installed over the top and didn't need to use compatibility mode.
Regardless, since you have it installed there is no need to reinstall. The only thing that ran in compatibility mode was the install.

I installed 168 for windows now my AE closes as soon as I open it it says(Data Execution Prevention) and my afx2 is locking up its never locked up before
What do I do?
Everything was working fine before I updated the USB driver to 168 for windows
I'm using 11b

Last edited:
I installed 168 for windows now my are closes as soon as I open it it says(Data Execution Prevention) and my afx2 is locking up its never locked up before
What do I do?
Everything was working fine before I updated the USB driver to 168 for windows
I'm using 11b
Go back to 1.67 and see what happens

The 167 Mac driver has been re-posted to the web site. This will be solved and a new version posted.

Yikes, yes, I installed 168 and did a session last night via USB into the Macbook. It was the glitchiest experience using Axe Edit 1.9 I've ever had. I basically had to open and close it anytime I jumped x/y states or changed to another patch.

Moving back to 167 before my next session this Friday....maybe there will be a new driver by then, but I was not having any issues with 167, so it's not a big deal for me to use it.

I'm assuming 168 had items in it to make it play nice with AE 3.0 and V11 firm, so you guys released it in anticipation of the release of the other soft/firmware?

i see one for Mac but I Have Windows everything is jacked up in windows too AE 1.9 closes before it opens [Data Execution Prevention} and axe 2 V11b locks up

1.6.8 fixed my Fractal-Bot issues. I just completed my first-ever successful full backup using the Bot.

Reactions: yek
Also using a Mac with 10.6.8. Had to go back to 1.6.7 driver. Axe would lock up. Patches wouldn't change with MFC and output control wouldn't work.

Fine now.

Looking forward to a working version.

Also using a Mac with 10.6.8. Had to go back to 1.6.7 driver. Axe would lock up. Patches wouldn't change with MFC and output control wouldn't work.

Fine now.

Looking forward to a working version.

1.67 is the working version. 1.68 should not have been posted. The firmware fix was only for Windows Vista. If you have 1.67 you are all set.

1.6.8 fixed my Fractal-Bot issues. I just completed my first-ever successful full backup using the Bot.
Well, mostly fixed. I have to be careful not to do anything on the computer during the backup, or I risk getting a message timeout during the backup. (Win 7x64)

6-for-6 successes when not clicking around;
2-for-6 successes when clicking around (one failure while reading email, two when surfing the web, one when changing window focus).

how is the correct uninstall167/install168 procedure?
Win 7 32bit here (with timeout issues using the 167 and the bot): do I need upgrade to 168?
TNX

how is the correct uninstall167/install168 procedure?
Win 7 32bit here (with timeout issues using the 167 and the bot): do I need upgrade to 168?
TNX

That's a general Windows question. You could explore the interface....a wise move to learn how it's set up....I did it when I got into XP...or/and you can look it up. Google ve-rhay ea-say.

Ever since upgrading drivers I can't use my Axe as an interface for Pro Tools anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the previous one, but I keep getting one of two errors: "Could not initialize interface" or "ASIO settings have changed and Pro Tools must restart" whenever I select the AxeFX as my playback engine. It's worked fine the whole time until now. I'm getting a bit frustrated because I'm running out of ideas for how to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom