New amp models

I think the nature of modelers is having any amp you could think of at your finger tips. Kind of the selling point of a modeler. It's not about what we have isn't good enough, or I could get that sounds by tweaking such and such amp.

Not being ungrateful - it is fine - but it’s the only effect I’ve heard on the III that I thought, “meh.”
I think the point of the question is "what would you want to be changed?".

I'm not a Rotary expert. In fact, my only real experience is with the one in the Axe Fx (starting with the II)... But I had to force myself to not use it all the time!

Where are you placing it and how are you setting things?

I put mine after the Cab block and assign Speed to an expression pedal with auto engage. Glorious stereo effect!

I’m not an expert with leslie’s either. So take my opinion for what it’s worth...but my first reaction was that it didn’t sound as good as I expected it to...maybe I just need to take a deeper dive. Playing around with stuff like the Mvintage Rotary from Melda - have always thought that sounded really great.

Since I've been using the Axe-FX Standard, long time ago, I've been wishing this or that amp. Many of them have been implemented, and I can tell you that I am not using most of these Amps that I have been wishing, because there are other options that already satisfy me. e.g: the Satriani JS Marshalls. I was super-excited when they were implemented and I used them a lot, but I forgot them after the honey moon. Now they are not part of my main presets as they have been replaced by Friedmans

Very often we waste more energy thinking, planning, imagining and speculating about possibilities than enjoying what we already have at the present moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
We also have to keep in mind that CAB plays a very important role at the definition of the tone.

Perhaps what we are perceiving from that amp that we love so much is the CAB, and it could be perfectly emulated by tweaking a similar amp with the same CAB

Last edited:
I don't think you understand how Fractal models amps. They virtually recreate the actual circuits of the amp.

A Tone Match is just a fancy EQ...
Really, I thought they would hook the new amp up to the Fractal boss machine and 'record' the tone 😉

Hello. Bass player perspective.

I have requested the ADA MB-1 midi bass pre-amp be modeled.

and I believe it would offer tones not currently available.

To sweeten the deal I have one that i can send to Cliff when and if he is interested.

Back
Top Bottom