New 18.00 Public Beta

No AxeEdit for FW18... well, not yet anyway
thumbsup.gif

That said, many functions will no doubt still work, it's just that some options and new features are not in the existing Axe Edit

3 puns? I hate it when I don't get it. :) Please explain!
'I think we are watching the final "master beta" (maturbator) version "peter out" (expose his private part). A "final release" (orgasm) is eminent.'

Don't they teach you this stuff in Rome? :)

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!! (firmware related because history shows, or maybe I'm mistaken) :D yeye I know, I'll play my guitar Cliff, sorry :p I got carried away ^_^ I'm moved by the way your dedication shows Cliff, you've created so much joy in so many peoples lives through your work. You do what you're good at, that's so inspiring - There are so many people who need to look in the mirror and ask themselves "who am I?" - follow your passion, it may be harder than ever but also more important than ever.

Inspire, inform, motivate, and spread happiness everyone. Life is a rollercoaster, no seriously don't start singing on that Ronan Keating song, he was right, life IS a rollercoaster. When you feel things are about to go down, at least enjoy your way down! no wait, that did not translate so well. There are downs in life, but for every downstroke there's an upstroke - I'm pretty sure *knock on wood* that I've been at my lowest in life, it made me stronger.

Time does not heal all wounds but through time you can learn to live with them. Patience really is a virtue, close your eyes, take a deep breath, open the window, let some fresh air inside, tell yourself "I am someone" and believe it, know it.

make your hands meet as if clapping only not the palm, just the fingertips, don't you just get an instant feel of balance?

enjoy the sensation as long as you feel like, then a few seconds longer.

It's the sun, I swear, I'm so fucking positive today wtf. Spring is coming!

have a nice day! here's a HUG!! *hugs*

Ye, sun is even shining in the northern parts of Norway today. I'm only on my second cup of coffee for the day tho, so I'm not yet quite as enthusiastic about it as you are. But then again I'm still at work, that might have something to do with it :)

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

Though my schedule is independent of the 'work week', I could feel this this morning. Yes, it's Friday. Reminds me of in high school, when we used to go to Fry's, to get fry, on Friday.

It's the sun, I swear, I'm so fucking positive today wtf. Spring is coming!

have a nice day! here's a HUG!! *hugs*

I'm surprised it isn't a Nordic cultural thing to regularly take mega-doses of vitamin D........

today i uploaded the fw18b7 and wow.. its GREAT! i only have one question tho. somebody said fw18 is not yet supported for axe-edit is it true ? havent tried with axe edit yet so i dont know what will happen if i try

High school, eh ?

We used to just get fried a LOT.

And it wasn't dependent on the day of the week. We were equal opportunity people after all.

today i uploaded the fw18b7 and wow.. its GREAT! i only have one question tho. somebody said fw18 is not yet supported for axe-edit is it true ? havent tried with axe edit yet so i dont know what will happen if i try
Nothing will break. You just won't be able to access any of the new parameters through Axe-Edit.

Thanks for your amazing work Cliff!!! I'm just curious: how long does the process of G3'ing an amp in one particular configuration take (ie. all push/pull pots in one position)? Is it like running an impulse through a cab, or a lot more involved?

ok i can kill myself just for the new 5153 green and that crunch knob. need to get up 7 hours later for work but im still here playing..

No AxeEdit for FW18... well, not yet anyway
thumbsup.gif

That said, many functions will no doubt still work, it's just that some options and new features are not in the existing Axe Edit

Actually...the correct answer is no. This is the message received..."The connected device is not compatible with Axe-Edit version 3.01.04".

Axe-Fx II XL +

that is a very unique situation at this time. the XL+ was just released this week and is so new that there was never an Axe-Edit version that worked with it.

the current Axe-Edit DOES work with XL and non-XL units with FW18 beta on it because Edit does work with those models in general.

you got the absolute latest hardware :) unfortunately that means you have to wait a bit for the software to catch up. FAS said that the final FW18 might be released to the public this weekend with new presets soon to follow. no official work on Axe-Edit yet, but it generally takes a week or so for it to catch up. but now with a brand new hardware model, it may take a bit longer to get it programmed into Axe-Edit.

I had been using the Plexi 100W Treble with my Strat prior to V18b, but now I was really struggling to make it sound decent without getting all flubby. It would sound good at home and in my in-ears, but then listening back I could tell it was way too bright with upper midrange. I think I got it to sound good finally, but just for kicks I tried a few other amps this morning that I had not bonded with in the past. I started with the 1959SLP Treble. It's very close to the 100W obviously, but the bass is a little more controlled or less deep in a good way. So an improvement. Then I tried the Friedman BE, which I had never been able to use prior due to lack of mids. Holy cow! It sounds great now! It's probably mostly me, my changing ear (hopefully maturing in a good way) or an improvement in IR, but I got a very usable patch in no time at all.

So, I say all that to say, if you are having trouble with V18b getting "your sound," try a different amp!

Back
Top Bottom