need some help to choose Fender amps

danielworks

Inspired
I am creating a Fender clean tone but I'm struggling a bit to find the combination of amp+cab.
I find an amp that I like, for example the G12 concert (4x10) and the next step would be finding the correspondent cab. I find it on Fractal Wiki page .
Next, I want to try another amp and then I liked the Double Verb Silverface, then I have to find the matching cab. What's the cab for it ?
Thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• 1671427358539.png
    1671427358539.png
    107 KB · Views: 16
Not all amp models have a matching cab in the factory cabs. Pick something that's close and don't be afraid to experiment with other cabs as well.

Fender’s Deluxe and Princeton amps have been mainstays on albums for years. I had two original Blackface Deluxe amps, so I gravitate toward them, and the most recent firmware has stunning amp models for them.

Last week I had my FM3 out at a blues jam, and used the Blackface model all night long and had several friends sitting in using it, and, afterwards, asked their opinions how it felt and sounded, and everyone thought it was really good with their particular guitars, from ES-335, to SG with slide, to my PRS Studio. The “Magic Six” settings work well with the model, even in Fractal “digitalandia”, especially if you tweak them to taste.

Use the Factory Presets page to find Fender models and explore how they’re configured then adjust to your liking.

Don't forget you can use the looper to audition cabs. Try a bunch and see what you like. Not rocket science. I try not to overcomplicate the process. You can tweak after that and get closer to what you are looking for in the tone.

I always just go to the cab wiki page, press ctrl+F or Cmd+F on Mac, and type in the name of the amp (in this case "twin"), then press enter till I find what I'm looking for. Hitting enter a few times will take you to factory pack 1 starting at 957. Should look something like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-19 073654.png

For the fenders I use the few informations we have in each amp concerning the cab, and then I ve research amp by amps in the net which cabs are originally in. Then I search in our ir list the related cabs and stick with it

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list

So many users swap the factory Fender speakers though to greenbacks, Alnico gold and creams and blues, JBL’s, hemp cones etc that I think it makes is hard to really have any consensus as to the “best” Fender speaker for a given amp, like a Deluxe Reverb

just like the best HB in LP…. Ask ten different guitar players and you’ll often end up with ten different answers, stock, Duncan’s, Dimarzios et al

So many users swap the factory Fender speakers though to greenbacks, Alnico gold and creams and blues, JBL’s, hemp cones etc that I think it makes is hard to really have any consensus as to the “best” Fender speaker for a given amp, like a Deluxe Reverb

just like the best HB in LP…. Ask ten different guitar players and you’ll often end up with ten different answers, stock, Duncan’s, Dimarzios et al
Sure . But as I am not a fan of these amps I stick to what the builder do to make them sound as they are by default. It’s interesting to have a “combo” tone as I use 4 x 4x12 for the rest . It’s like having an old Mach 1 in the garage 😅

The only fender that I really liked in real version was the bassman 59. I played a lot through it, hours and hours . I don’t know there is something magic on it, it is warm… really lovely with fender guitars .
It is hard in modelers to have the same feel like when you are near these combos. I started appreciate them in the axe the day I play them loud . At tv volume that’s not really enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom