Need help installing Axe FX drivers...

Volvagia

Capture.PNG1.PNG Capture.PNG

Having some trouble installing the AXE drivers. I keep getting these errors. Can anyone help? I never had this issue installing the drivers before. Also what is XMOS and how is it related to Fractal?

Try running the thing as administrator? Right click on the file and select Run As Administrator. Worth a try.

Sorry man, that was my best guess. I do everything Axe-related on a Mac mini.

Try re-downloading the driver yet?

Hey @Volvagia I had a similar issue: Axe-Edit stopped connecting to the Axe Fx suddenly one day and I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a million times with no success. I eventually got it working, but, we'll talk about how I did that later. Hopefully you don't have to end up doing what I did.

Did you completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them?
Have you considered trying a system restore to restore your system settings to a previous date when the drivers were working?
Which version of Windows are you running?

I ended up having to reinstall Windows to get mine working, but that may not be necessary for you; I didn't have system restore configured when I did this.

Hey @Volvagia I had a similar issue: Axe-Edit stopped connecting to the Axe Fx suddenly one day and I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a million times with no success. I eventually got it working, but, we'll talk about how I did that later. Hopefully you don't have to end up doing what I did.

Did you completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them?
Have you considered trying a system restore to restore your system settings to a previous date when the drivers were working?
Which version of Windows are you running?

I ended up having to reinstall Windows to get mine working, but that may not be necessary for you; I didn't have system restore configured when I did this.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm using windows 8. I recently had a virus on my computer and have had this issue since. I managed to get rid of the virus but I'm still having this issue installing the drivers. I tried reinstalling it a bunch of times, still get the same error every time. Do you think that maybe upgrading to windows 10 would solve the issue? I don't have any system restore points and I have way too many plugins to just clean wipe my PC. I managed to get the axe working in Pro Tools with AISO4ALL which sounds fine but I want to be able to select the axe as my audio interface as it should be.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm using windows 8. I recently had a virus on my computer and have had this issue since. I managed to get rid of the virus but I'm still having this issue installing the drivers. I tried reinstalling it a bunch of times, still get the same error every time. Do you think that maybe upgrading to windows 10 would solve the issue? I don't have any system restore points and I have way too many plugins to just clean wipe my PC. I managed to get the axe working in Pro Tools with AISO4ALL which sounds fine but I want to be able to select the axe as my audio interface as it should be.

I would do the upgrade to Windows 10. Are you running the latest version of Pro Tools? I was running Pro Tools 9 and now need to upgrade to the latest version for Windows 10 support. But if you have the latest version, you have no worries. I was able to reinstall the OS without wiping any of my personal files, and when I upgraded from 7 to 10 the same was true. I know it's a pain and it will take some time, but a reinstall (or in your case an upgrade of the OS) may solve the issue. Before that, I felt like I tried everything and never did find the original issue. It could have been a broken path in the registry or something like that but the fresh install did work.

I need to do this too, but once you have it working, create a restore point every week or so just in case. I'd also recommend backing up your files in the cloud or on an external hard drive. Be sure to have the setup files and product keys for your plugins as well and reinstalling them will be easy if you ever have to do it in the future.

I would do the upgrade to Windows 10. Are you running the latest version of Pro Tools? I was running Pro Tools 9 and now need to upgrade to the latest version for Windows 10 support. But if you have the latest version, you have no worries. I was able to reinstall the OS without wiping any of my personal files, and when I upgraded from 7 to 10 the same was true. I know it's a pain and it will take some time, but a reinstall (or in your case an upgrade of the OS) may solve the issue. Before that, I felt like I tried everything and never did find the original issue. It could have been a broken path in the registry or something like that but the fresh install did work.

I need to do this too, but once you have it working, create a restore point every week or so just in case. I'd also recommend backing up your files in the cloud or on an external hard drive. Be sure to have the setup files and product keys for your plugins as well and reinstalling them will be easy if you ever have to do it in the future.

I'm running pro tools 11. You mean I would have to buy Pro Tools 12 for it to work on windows 10? You think I would be okay if I just upgrade to windows 10 (keeping all my files instead of fresh install)? Would that work or does it need to be a fresh install?

I'm running pro tools 11. You mean I would have to buy Pro Tools 12 for it to work on windows 10? You think I would be okay if I just upgrade to windows 10 (keeping all my files instead of fresh install)? Would that work or does it need to be a fresh install?

A fresh install is ideal, but I know on Windows 10, you can do a fresh install of the OS without deleting any files. That option may exist on your current OS. I am actually running a demo of Pro Tools 11 on Windows 10 right now and get the blue screen of death about every other time I run it, so PT12 would be ideal for 10. I know in PT12, they added support for Windows 10, and I believe since you have a more recent version of Pro Tools, you can upgrade to PT12 for about $100; it's going to cost me $300 to upgrade to 12 :-(.

The upgrade to Windows 10 would do essentially a fresh install but keep your files. I always recommend backing up your files anyways, especially when doing any type of refresh. But the short answer is yes, you can do a fresh install without deleting files. And it would likely solve the driver issue you're having without having to try a bunch of other super tedious solutions.

Plus, Windows 8 was an awful operating system. The could have never came out with Vista and Windows 8 and been fine. I get that 8 was supposed to help bridge the gap between PC and mobile devices, but it was executed poorly IMO.

@s0c9 Where did you get that install file from? Oddly enough, that worked! I was downloading the drivers directly from Fractal's website too. Thank you!

@Spaceace90 Is windows 10 really that much better? I'll consider updating then if it will be a big improvement. Thank you everyone.

@Volvagia I like it better because Windows 8 tried to have 2 sides: 1 mobile and 1 more traditional. Windows 10 feels more like Windows 7 to me, which, other than XP was my favorite OS. I do like it a lot better

@s0c9 Where indeed did you get the driver? Is it the one directly from Fractal's downloads page?

@s0c9 Where did you get that install file from? Oddly enough, that worked! I was downloading the drivers directly from Fractal's website too. Thank you!
Where indeed did you get the driver? Is it the one directly from Fractal's downloads page?
They are the latest set of drivers I had at home.. I put most of the FAS stuff up on my amazon storage location linked to under "Axe-Fx Software" in my forum sig. and those have been up there a while
Glad it worked for you!
I will check on the driver file details when I get home tonight..

Is windows 10 really that much better? I'll consider updating then if it will be a big improvement. Thank you everyone.
No, not really. I upgraded when it was free awhile back. Still looks just like Win7. Doesn't appear more stable, or slick, but it DOES run faster and boot/restart times are 1/10th of what they used to be - if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom