Need a Source for Guitar Volume Pots

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hi all,

I need to replace the volume pots in several guitars. My favorite volume pots are in my early 2000s Fender guitars because they are EXTREMELY easy to turn. (I play with my little finger on the knob and use it a lot.)

Does anyone have a good source for these? I keep finding pots that are too stiff.

Mojotone cts pots are easy to turn. Mojotone also checks each one to make sure it’s with a 7% of it’s rating. I just did a bunch of upgrades with their stuff.

I use Bourns low friction. They are the best for this application in my opinion. I only use low friction in my guitars and this has given me best results.
I used the sealed version with success but the regular version worked just as well.
You can find them on reverb without the EVH logo for a few buck less than the EVH logo'd identical pots.

I use Bourns low friction. They are the best for this application in my opinion. I only use low friction in my guitars and this has given me best results.
I used the sealed version with success but the regular version worked just as well.
You can find them on reverb without the EVH logo for a few buck less than the EVH logo'd identical pots.

+1 for Bourns. I've been switching all of mine out to these. Easy and quick to turn, and I love the taper. I was stocking up on the Fender pots, something labeled either Vintage or Pure Vintage, I forget exactly, but I can't find them anymore. I actually like the Bourns better now, for both 500k and 250k. I just got mine through Amazon.

If the taper and sound is good/pleasing to you on your current Strat pots then sometimes the simplest solution is to just change the top hat to a speed dial type - either plain or knurled edged.

I've seen a few knurly old knobs on strats in my time ;)

Another vote for Bournes Low Friction pots. Been putting them into all my builds for the last couple of years.

Another vote for the Bourns low friction pots. I am slowly retrofitting them to all my one volume knob guitars.

Back
Top Bottom