My Main Gig Preset - Axe-Fx III [Video]

If he is under an NDA he won't be able to say anything. The III can be controlled by MIDI as well. He could be using another MIDI controller.
exactly, and that's what I'm asking - what are you using? MFC, Mastermind, Liquid Foot, "FC"? I understand he can't disclose specific details regarding the unit as it's most likely still in development

When I saw the CPU usage at 70% with only those blocks I was surprised. Since they are hyping the extra power I was expecting better.

Do you use a stereo cable on your majesty or just two cables? I can’t find a decent quality stereo cable besides Mogami and they’re really expensive.

I noticed you're at 70% CPU load but the amount of blocks isn't insanely over the top.
Not to put you on the spot Chris, but i get this with your signal chain in the XL. I understand the 4 channel thing will add more CPU demand.

my apologies for the confusion. as i said, we are refining things all the time. the Looper block is using unusually high amounts of CPU currently - taking it out of the preset brings me down to ~58%. i added it at the last second before doing the video and didn't even realize how that might come across.

please do not judge the CPU by this one preset :D and you know... i just added a ton of things to the preset and was about to share it... but i think it will just be "oh you can only add THAT much more?!@?!@?#!@$?!@OMGWTFBBQ?!#?@!#?" no matter what i post (not necessarily anyone from this thread, just saying...). so i'll just let people enjoy it when they get their unit ;)

IMG_4994.jpg

but you are using one, correct? I mean, you said you're using the III live so you have to be controlling it somehow
during the recording, i was using an MC6 controller. i'm was testing 3rd party midi devices with the Axe-Fx III at the time.

Is that a mini tuner that stays visible at the top while editing?
sure is. people are saying things about the larger screen without experiencing it yet, but it's wonderful! of course someone who uses a mouse and keyboard for 8+ hours everyday is going to be used to that interface, so it will logically be more familiar than knobs and buttons on a front panel. but i have to say, editing on this front panel is the best i've ever experienced.

during the recording, i was using an MC6 controller. i'm was testing 3rd party midi devices with the Axe-Fx III at the time.
interesting, nice cost effective device to use until the FC's drop. How do you like using it, enough features to get by live? I'm thinking I'll probably program my MFC to work for now

Hah, I just noticed that the Amp block is red on this front panel display. I wonder if that's going to be confusing considering that in Axe Edit, it's the Drive block that's red while the Amp block is more of a brown color.

Also, just curious... are the 5 quick knobs stepped/notched like the quick knobs of the Axe-Fx 2, or are they smooth-turning like traditional amp knobs? Same question with the main value knob.

my apologies for the confusion. as i said, we are refining things all the time. the Looper block is using unusually high amounts of CPU currently - taking it out of the preset brings me down to ~58%. i added it at the last second before doing the video and didn't even realize how that might come across.

please do not judge the CPU by this one preset :D and you know... i just added a ton of things to the preset and was about to share it... but i think it will just be "oh you can only add THAT much more?!@?!@?#!@$?!@OMGWTFBBQ?!#?@!#?" no matter what i post (not necessarily anyone from this thread, just saying...). so i'll just let people enjoy it when they get their unit ;)

View attachment 44848

sure is. people are saying things about the larger screen without experiencing it yet, but it's wonderful! of course someone who uses a mouse and keyboard for 8+ hours everyday is going to be used to that interface, so it will logically be more familiar than knobs and buttons on a front panel. but i have to say, editing on this front panel is the best i've ever experienced.

Thanks for the clarification Chris.

Hah, I just noticed that the Amp block is red on this front panel display. I wonder if that's going to be confusing considering that in Axe Edit, it's the Drive block that's red while the Amp block is more of a brown color.

Also, just curious... are the 5 quick knobs stepped/notched like the quick knobs of the Axe-Fx 2, or are they smooth-turning like traditional amp knobs? Same question with the main value knob.

.....I almost asked if the colors on the new III were "colorblind friendly"
Dark red , dark green , and brown......forget it.

Holy crap! Great sound, great versatility...can't wait...please Mr. FAS, hurry up and ship...I'm Fractalless (after 10 years), as I've sold my Axe II rig to hopefully another convert (new user)!

Notched and they’re also buttons (push-able). Main knob is also notched.

I wasn't concerned about the CPU% especially considering it's still in the development stage, but thanks for the clarification. Remember that we saw the CPU use on the II go down as the firmware got further along. I wouldn't be surprised to see that with the III as well.

Back
Top Bottom