My first Video of the Axe-FX 2

The Atomic 50/50 is 50 watt per channel Stereo Amp that tone merchants is testing. No other details that were given, it sounded great.... I think we should not hijack Scott's thread and create a new thread regarding this unit.

Great practical examples of Midi/Expression Pedal

Well done Scott. With so much focus on amp tones (which ARE killer!), I certainly appreciate the demo of the expression pedal to control various parameters in real-time. The ability to boost volume, delay and/or reverb for a solo is just such an amazing thing to have in a live situation - cool to see and hear it in action. No matter how much I futz with a "solo" preset ahead of time, I always want to tweak it when I hear it in the live band mix - and you really can't at that point (at least not easily).

I'm new to the forum (and hopefully new to a Axe Fx II in the near future), but I really enjoy your posts and contributions. I've been gigging with a Fender CyberDeluxe for several years, so my head is clearly spinning with the possibilities of the AxeFxII - such an amazing leap forward...

Scott, thanks for the demo. I have to say, though, that I don't hear a difference between the II and the Ultra (again, in THIS video, through my less-than-perfect headphones).
The tones you got from the Ultra were stellar. So are these. I'm more pleased than ever with my Ultra after upgrading to v.11. This is going to be a tough decision!

KG

self admitted verbose use of the word....

....'basically'

That made me howl :lol

Nice vid, thanks :mrgreen

V.

You passed the test!

Scott, I just had a chance to watch this all the way through. This is a really good demo, and this is a good start for me to get more familiar with the sounds and responsiveness of the Axe II.

Let us know if you do more of these, your good at it and don't worry, your voice is perfectly ok!

I bet cliffs post is to see how many people ask about what is their position in the axe-fx II list, how long will it take? etc.. etc..
biggrin.gif

I'm probably wrong

Yes, I don't really understand the obsession with U2 sounds and AC30's. VOX boxes are all over recordings and big bands/artists, but somehow, here they're associated with U2 only (when I consider what makes the Edge the 'EDGE' things completely outside the actual amp.)

Ron

Maybe it means there is no such thing as the Axe II. This whole thing has been a test by Cliff to see what would happen if he announced a new product.

Time to put on my tinfoil helmet!

Yes, I don't really understand the obsession with U2 sounds and AC30's. VOX boxes are all over recordings and big bands/artists, but somehow, here they're associated with U2 only (when I consider what makes the Edge the 'EDGE' things completely outside the actual amp.)

Ron

Call me nuts, but whenever I think Vox, I think STP and Foo Fighters. Maybe it's a personal thing...

V.

Back
Top Bottom