My axefx2 has arrived, bet there is hi frequency noise i cant solve

Irfan

Inspired
My unit has arrived today, soon i connected to laptop for upgrading to 6.00, my rack consist only samson pb10 and axefx2 itself.
I have uneasy experience with the continually buzz hi frequency noise , once im turn on the unit, is this a bug, faulty unit? Im using exactly gear( cable, guitar) when connected to hDpro and dont have the problems,
My output metering in utilty , somehow up and down, and i dont even connected to the axfx2
This is my first touch with the fractal axefx2, any suggested guys?

this is the soundclip
http://soundcloud.com/4people_atp/axefx2-weird-ho-frequency

Last edited:
Does this happen with your laptop turned off as well? Guitar pickups are notorious for picking up a high-pitched noise when computers are nearby.

You may have to post sound clips for us to listen to what you are hearing. " buzz hi frequency noise" is pretty generic and common in high gains amps.
Is this across all factory presets?
Bad guitar cable perhaps?

Have you upgraded to v6 yet ?

You may have to post sound clips for us to listen to what you are hearing. " buzz hi frequency noise" is pretty generic and common in high gains amps.
Is this across all factory presets?
Bad guitar cable perhaps?

Have you upgraded to v6 yet ?

i will post the sound clips as soon im in home, yes i have upgrade to V6 since ive touch the unit

s this across all factory presets?<--- big hi frequency whistle noise with high gain preset, noticiable noise with the clean preset

Bad guitar cable perhaps?<--- i didnt even plug the guitar jack to instrument input, but metering output in utility showing some activity

Wow contact support and link them to that sound clip too. Maybe fan related? Gremlins? Pokemon?

Contact support.

I just listened to the sound clip. That is definitely NOT normal - for any preset !
Sounds like it's some form of interference-generated high pitched whine.. almost like it's "60 cyle hum/ground buzz" at a much higher frequency. Do you have any fluorescent lighting nearby, or any other potential interference ?
Have you tried a different power outlet, or a different power cable ?

Yes it comes from headphone, can i open top panel myself? And looking for something might be loose, system reset wont do any good, since im in indonesia, sent back the unit would be not sn easy task

I just listened to the sound clip. That is definitely NOT normal - for any preset !
Sounds like it's some form of interference-generated high pitched whine.. almost like it's "60 cyle hum/ground buzz" at a much higher frequency. Do you have any fluorescent lighting nearby, or any other potential interference ?
Have you tried a different power outlet, or a different power cable ?

Ive tried it with many outlet, couple friend house, the same results

Im using samsons powerbrite PB10, ive using the unit not only electricity in my house, on the other house, reherseal studio, all are results same thing, well i guess the problem is with the unit itself, is this faulty unit or something i forgot to tweak, noise gate could kill the noise, but realy cut my dynamic. Any from fractal comments? Should i sent back the unit, or you can give me some instruction to check inside of it and look for part might be the suspect

does this high freq tone come from all presets or just a few?

it sounds to me like some sort of electromagnetic radiation
the sort of thing that can get spewed out by a computer, monitor, tv, light dimmer switch, some electronic appliance..
or power lines..

are you using a wireless system?
does this tone go away if the Axe is out of the rack or in a different room?
does it make a difference if your guitar is jacked in or not.. if it does, what are you sitting close to when jacked in?

does this high freq tone come from all presets or just a few?

the sort of thing that can get spewed out by a computer, monitor, tv, light dimmer switch, some electronic appliance..
or power lines..

are you using a wireless system?
does this tone go away if the Axe is out of the rack or in a different room?
does it make a difference if your guitar is jacked in or not.. if it does, what are you sitting close to when jacked in?

does this high freq tone come from all presets or just a few?<-- very hi frequency whinning on hi gain preset, noticieable on clean preset

or power lines
.<---- as i mentioned earlier, i have try it on couple condition, in my house, my friend's house, reherseal studio, it came up with the same thing " hi frequency noises

are you using a wireless system?<--- no

does this tone go away if the Axe is out of the rack or in a different room?<---no

does it make a difference if your guitar is jacked in or not.. if it does, what are you sitting close to when jacked in<-- no , it still had an hi frequency issue wether it jacked in or not

Last edited:
this saturday im going to visit friend who using axefx2 , im going to A/B testing, if theres is something wrong with my unit, i would contact marty at fractal support for RMA, so frustating with the noise

try to tweak the 'ground lift' switch at the back of your Axe
may be this is the sound of the fan inside.

Back
Top Bottom