My axefx2 has arrived, bet there is hi frequency noise i cant solve

this saturday im going to visit friend who using axefx2 , im going to A/B testing, if theres is something wrong with my unit, i would contact marty at fractal support for RMA, so frustating with the noise

if the noise persists.. I'd personally try a downloading 6.0 again and then re-install it..
if that makes no difference contact support..

try to tweak the 'ground lift' switch at the back of your Axe
may be this is the sound of the fan inside.

ground lift for xlr out purpose isnt it? im using headphone occasionaly
yes i think its more like fan interfere , is it easy to screw out the top panel?

Yes - it's easy job to take off the top panel.

I guess you can maybe disconnect the fan for a minute and see if the noise goes away when you start it up. But do not leave it disconnected!

Fractal could then send you a replacement fan if that seems to be the problem which would be easier and quicker than sending the Axe back to distributor/FAS.

Yes - it's easy job to take off the top panel.

I guess you can maybe disconnect the fan for a minute and see if the noise goes away when you start it up. But do not leave it disconnected!

Fractal could then send you a replacement fan if that seems to be the problem which would be easier and quicker than sending the Axe back to distributor/FAS.

is it oke to operated the unit without the fan for 60 second? i think its fine , anyway ill do that .NOTED. graciaas

is it oke to operated the unit without the fan for 60 second? i think its fine , anyway ill do that .NOTED. graciaas
It is fine, but if your unit is still under FAS warranty, you might void it by running the unit like that. I would open it up and check that all cable connectors are snug on mobo and fan... If it still produces that whine, then contact support.

I [personally] would not run it with the fan disconnected while still under warranty. YMMV

My only question would be does the noise occur when you are not connected to the laptop, or when the laptop is unplugged and running on batteries?

I had this same noise with a certain audio interface and laptop. I either have to run the laptop on batteries or put isolation transformers after the audio interface to get rid of the noise.

My only question would be does the noise occur when you are not connected to the laptop, or when the laptop is unplugged and running on batteries?

I had this same noise with a certain audio interface and laptop. I either have to run the laptop on batteries or put isolation transformers after the audio interface to get rid of the noise.

The noise came up in every situation, without guitar jack plug in, no laptop situation, i just compared the init one into another with friend's unit, and my unit is not normal

Irfan, I experienced a very similar problem with my Ultra. Similar to STEADYSTATE, whenever my audio interface was connected to the Ultra, I would get that EXACT same high-pitched whine.

It drove me nuts until I read somewhere about a guy who used an Ebtech Hum Eliminator, and tried one (cheaper Behringer HD400 Hum Destroyer).

Connected it between the interface and the Axe FX and voila! problem solved. I'm no expert but I'm guessing there's some sort of ground loop in between your Axe FXII and the power source (wall socket). If you can, try an Ebtech HUM X Exterminator. It may solve your problem. Just a suggestion, can't hurt to try.

Regards,

Rider

Irfan, I experienced a very similar problem with my Ultra. Similar to STEADYSTATE, whenever my audio interface was connected to the Ultra, I would get that EXACT same high-pitched whine.

It drove me nuts until I read somewhere about a guy who used an Ebtech Hum Eliminator, and tried one (cheaper Behringer HD400 Hum Destroyer).

Connected it between the interface and the Axe FX and voila! problem solved. I'm no expert but I'm guessing there's some sort of ground loop in between your Axe FXII and the power source (wall socket). If you can, try an Ebtech HUM X Exterminator. It may solve your problem. Just a suggestion, can't hurt to try.

Regards,

Rider

hi rider im doing this testing on my friend house, he had axefx2 too
We are doing some A/B testing, same preset, same wallwart
My friend axefx2 is doing fine but not mine, so im eliminate the electricity ground loop onthis case
Anyway repair process is on the way that was matt state on email, maybe fractal authorize can make comments on this case, is this fault unit or something, anyway hope the repair/return is going fast

I believe but what I have read, that it is a faulty unit and the noise only occures when a cab block is present, even when its not connected with shunts. Does this sound simular?

I just heard the clip, its the same sound my machine had with the cab block present. Shortly after, all sound output cut and unit became unusable and irratic.

I believe but what I have read, that it is a faulty unit and the noise only occures when a cab block is present, even when its not connected with shunts. Does this sound simular?

Yes it does, same behaviour with my unit, updates from FAS tech is still working on it, he says ge to it next week
Wondering what could it be wrong...

I just heard the clip, its the same sound my machine had with the cab block present. Shortly after, all sound output cut and unit became unusable and irratic.
For the short period i still can accept it, but longer than that ive got headache with those hi freq whistle, unusable at all for recording device.
Still count on FAS tech, they the expert

Back
Top Bottom