My axefx2 has arrived, bet there is hi frequency noise i cant solve

If you A/B'd it with your friend's Axe FX II, then it's most likely a faulty unit. For something that costs 2K+, Fractal QC needs to be on top of their game.. If it was me, I'd be pissed. You seem to be taking it in stride though, that's cool.

But hey, as long as they fix it for you or even better yet, REPLACE the unit. That's what I would ask for.

Rock on.

It is likely the unit got damaged in shipping. The unit was shipped to a US address and then shipped overseas. With that much handling, the odds of something getting damaged increase.

We fully test every unit and burn all units in for at least 24 hours. Every unit then goes through two separate QC inspections before being boxed and shipped.

It is likely the unit got damaged in shipping. The unit was shipped to a US address and then shipped overseas. With that much handling, the odds of something getting damaged increase.

We fully test every unit and burn all units in for at least 24 hours. Every unit then goes through two separate QC inspections before being boxed and shipped.

Fair enough. But still, no offense but.. I can't picture that 'explanation' placating the normal Joe who saves up his dough, waits months in line to get a unit, then plunks down his hard earned cash, waits again for his Axe FX to arrive and then ... bzzzt bzzzt , oh fudge. I guess the good folks at Fractal need to make their stuff a little tougher then ay ?

In any case, I'm cool with it since Irfan seems to be a nice dude who can patiently wait and doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.

@Irfan, did they at least let you have a 'loaner' unit to play around with while you wait ? lol I don't know if you went to some kind of service center where you live.

Peace

Thx for the comments, i can quote my forwarder statement : the fact is when i receive the unit in here indonesia , i ve got nicely unit inside the box without any suspicous physical damage at all,it its on plastic, tidy, brand new smell unit ,and my forwader "blanket the outer box with many clothes so the vibrant cause the impact is minimum he said" ,they already ship more than 10 axefx2 to indonesia (usa2indo) with all the the counting units the unlucky one is me he mentioned , and he state that UPS Ground ship the unit very roughly to USA2INDO warehouse in houston, TX,

anyway huge demand of this unit is increasing in my country, but its so difficult to have this unit in the area , we usually hunt the unit to singapore area for brand like strymon,etc but no results , every music forum in indonesia appraise so much with the unit ( who doesnt), major band start using it and replace those heavy racks, many musician envy to have one, but seems difficult to buy it, my friend said axefx2 is the best musical investment in his life ,and i still believe AXEFX2 is the best musical investment in my life too

regards, irfan

Fair enough. But still, no offense but.. I can't picture that 'explanation' placating the normal Joe who saves up his dough, waits months in line to get a unit, then plunks down his hard earned cash, waits again for his Axe FX to arrive and then ... bzzzt bzzzt , oh fudge. I guess the good folks at Fractal need to make their stuff a little tougher then ay ?

In any case, I'm cool with it since Irfan seems to be a nice dude who can patiently wait and doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.

@Irfan, did they at least let you have a 'loaner' unit to play around with while you wait ? lol I don't know if you went to some kind of service center where you live.

Peace

hi, we have already discuss the possibility of got the new one, while im sent the unit for RMA, and so far is FAS is the best Customer service ever, let say its around 12hours different between indonesia vs Newhampsire, USA ( correct me if im wrong) while noon in here, matt piccone always good in communication with me ,he would like to change lil bit company policy for me , but i think the DISTANCES, Customs, and there is no representative area in here make the "loaner" seems not very good options i have for now, what i hope is FAS have a representative or authorized dealer in here (either it singapore, indonesia)

Well, it sounds like they are taking good care of you , which is what Fractal CS is famous for.

That sucks about no loaner though, guess you'll have to go back to the pedals for a while ^^ ?

Even though I have the Ultra, and am about to buy the Axe FXII (just waiting on my coupon code), I still kept all my pedals . My next upcoming noteworthy acquisitions are Toneczar Openhaus, Dove , Echoczar (on waiting list ) . Haha why does all the good stuff require to be put on a waiting list ?

Indonesia rocks \m/

with all the shipping cost, customs, etc its around Rp.32.000.000 (US$ 3400 at current rate)

Gulp, holy moly. and here I thought it was expensive here in the US lol.. When my code comes in, I'll be able to get it for 2199.

Damn, now I regret being a little flippant to Fractal 'big bro' . uumm thanks guys ! ;)

You rock Irfan, that's a lot of bread dude.

my unit has arrived and replace with the new unit , the problems officialy solved! thx FAS, anyway there is the slightly different front panel than previous , is this the new version? i luvvv this unit ,once more THX for the fantastic cust service

Reactions: Ole
I saw this thread, and have to say that it really says something for Fractal that they were willing to rapidly resolve this issue for an international customer who got the device through a third party reseller. Many companies would have tossed the buyer to the wolves and blamed the shipping of the unauthorized reseller.

It's easy to decide who get my hard earned cash when the company that makes the best hardware also stands by the product with significant continuous improvement and consistently superior service.

Back
Top Bottom