Movin' On Up... Fractal Forum Migration!

Why are there threads where the title is repeated in every post?
If that cannot change, I would suggest to make the color a bit subdued.
Now, it's black and darker than the main thread title and it's wanting me to read it with every post.

That's a skin thing. They chose this skin; other skins will let you open up to full window. Perhaps suggest that they offer alternate skins so each user can personalize the look. Not sure how many skins are 'out there' for the 4.xx version of VBulletin though.

I hope that is switchable/display dependent. I often browse on my Android phone and don't fancy scrolling every line. Also on my PC I often make my browser window smaller on some sites because when going to the next line I lose track and don't know which it actually was... Getting old I guess.

Anyway. Studies have established that shorter lines make for more relaxed reading.

I often disliked when someone posted like a 17 megapixel photo on the old forum and the posts got HUGE-ly wide.

Enjoying the speed much right now.

Also i have a BUNCH of threads that i emailed the link to myself so i could check them out at a later date, is there any way to find them again using the thread link or number on the new forum?

I like the fresh look and the speed ;-)

A few things:

No inline smileys?

Also, something not right with HTML layout when switching from restore to max window sizes in IE7. I'd post a pic but I can't see how to do that either. What looks to be happening is that the Fractal header and the white background are aligned to a left margin, while the forum menu (just under the Fractal header) and the blue-bordered message area is centered.

Hope this helps.

Also i have a BUNCH of threads that i emailed the link to myself so i could check them out at a later date, is there any way to find them again using the thread link or number on the new forum?

Ditto... links to old threads seem to be gone forever. Same think for bookmarks you may have saved in the old forum (I already posted to ask about that, but saw no reply)...

thumbs_up_rip.jpg

This is fabulous. I am very happy for FAS and very happy for us. Real nice tools, options and Speed! Great job folks

Forum looks good, and seems to run faster! Great!

One question, though: in the old forum, I used to have a lot of bookmarked threads (pointers to very useful informational threads)... I don't see that feature here in the new forum, though this might just be a matter of finding my way around unfamiliar territory... does anyone know if bookmarked threads came across? given that the old forum is gone already, that would be a pity...
Yep, I see the good stuff about the forum already, but I also had quite a few bookmarks. Gotta sinking feeling about those, maybe someone has an idea how to get them back? Other than that, looking forward to a better experience...

I know that my signature was HUGE until I went back in and removed the formatting for size.

And if you are using Firefox and want a quick and easy way to widen the page and adjust colors you can use NoSquint. It's an add-on and you can set site specific stuff very easily and quickly with it. I couldn't deal with the narrow view so I magnified the page to 130% and the text to 75% and it's pretty good now. I don't go full screen on my 16x9 ratio monitor because I end up having to turn my neck to read a sentence, but in a nice unmaximized browser window it's a lot better now.

I'd still like to see it changed so that it's just scalable to the window size. I know that it can be done because when HC moved over to vB4 a few months ago they had the same issue originally.

There are also some users complaining about the colors. You can change text and background colors with NoSquint too. And there's no code or scripts to download.

Matt has to fix the size issue - it's not working in posts either (it's a CSS fix). He will get to it shortly; and then the signatures should hopefully... shrink. :D

Back
Top Bottom