Integration between my AFX3 and MC8 was very buggy. 2 way communication wasn't working properly most of the time. I spent hours trying to figure it out. I have quite some experience with the MC8, having used it for a long time with many (many many...) MIDI controllable pedals, I never had any problem before but with this function and the AFX3, it never worked without a lot of friction and half working stuff.
That never happened before and was a pain to deal with so I sold it and bought a FC6.
The FC6 doesn't do everything the MC8 can do but it is flawlessly integrated as one would expect.

The MC8 is king when thinking pedalboard midi controller but this integration is not ready for prime time IMO.

I had the opposite. I just followed the video instructions and it works flawlessly the first time and since then with my AXE FX 3 .IMG_4518.jpg

Last edited:
I sold my MC8 about 3 weeks ago, maybe MorningStar updated the firmware since.

Good to know anyway because, as I said, the MC8 has plenty other usages outside of Fractal stuff.

The new beta firmware works very well with my MC8 and Axe Fx 3. A lot of improvements. I even added switches on the first page to activate 6 different effect blocks and have prestes up and down.

Capture d’écran, le 2022-04-17 à 17.59.19.pngIMG_4525.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom