Roby Rocks, your videos are a fantastic resource. I've always struggled with midi footswitches and your tutorial videos are really clear and so useful.
Thank you!

will this also work with the axe fx 2 as well as the axe fx 3 - i am looking for a small pedal to change scenes and also when necessary use the looper on the axe fx 2

MORNINGSTAR MC6MKII AND AXE-FX III TUTORIALS
ALL 10 TUTORIALS

Hello guys! I've made a series of 10 video-tutorials about MIDI configuration of Fractal Axe-Fx III and Morningstar MC6 MKII (although the same concepts are valid for any other MIDI controller). In this thread I've collected all tutorials and I share it with you. The videos is in Italian subtitled in English.
I hope you like it.

Fantastic thanks for the resources

I have a question - I’ve followed your excellent video and im
Turning effect blocks on and off but I’m not clear on if the FM3 remembers the setting so for an example
I turn off the drive block on my lead scene but the next time I select the Lead scene I want the drive block to be on by default, hope this makes sense?
Hope somebody can advise

I have a question - I’ve followed your excellent video and im
Turning effect blocks on and off but I’m not clear on if the FM3 remembers the setting so for an example
I turn off the drive block on my lead scene but the next time I select the Lead scene I want the drive block to be on by default, hope this makes sense?
Hope somebody can advise
Hi! I don’t see this problem... the bypass status of the block remains the same as it was saved

Does the MC 6 have bi-directional MIDI for the AxeFX III yet?
MC6 has MIDI IN port, so theoretically you can connect MIDI OUT to axe, to send message from mc6 and MIDI IN to send message from axe to mc6. Of course you need to configure axe and mc6 properly.

In my Rush Tribute Group R50, I use my MC6 as a remote to change scenes when going from Taurus Pedal to new guitar sound. I also have it programed to step through presets in setlist format as a workaround since the Axe doesn't have that feature yet. Bottom 3 switches scenes 1-3 and top left and right +1, -1 via PC Mapping. Great, easy to program unit!

R50 Board.jpg

MC6 has MIDI IN port, so theoretically you can connect MIDI OUT to axe, to send message from mc6 and MIDI IN to send message from axe to mc6. Of course you need to configure axe and mc6 properly.
That doesn't really answer the question.
Does MC-6 support AxeFX 3 functions like active scene names and the tuner interface?

I did that 8-9 months ago and they did NOT support it at that time. I'm getting a bit frustrated with my current board and looking at other options.....
Hey there

Still got the LF+? Is a DIY solution not an option for you? Swapping the micro controller for an Arduino and program the hell out of it 😁

You got all those buttons and screens allready, why not upgrade the brains of your controller

Just a thought

Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom