Hey there

Still got the LF+? Is a DIY solution not an option for you? Swapping the micro controller for an Arduino and program the hell or of it 😁

You got all those buttons and screens allready, why not upgrade the brains of your controller

Just a thought

Cheers
That's an interesting idea.....I never though of that. You're right that the basic hardware layout is fine as-is, it's just the firmware. For that matter, nothing's really stopping anyone from developing new FW for the LF hardware platform.

The LF+ works, but it has some bugs that limit what it will do, and a couple of those limits are core issues for me.

Coming from Kemper Stage.
I plan on using my FM3 in a song mode.
Where each song is a preset.
I will use the three buttons on the FM3 for scene 1,2,3
I plan on using the MC6 for scene 4,5,6
I then want to use the top 3 rows for effects.
I was able to get the scenes programmed based on Roby's videos THANK YOU!

Questions from videos.
  1. Can I make the screen flash for the scene I am on? I got it to turn the flash on but when I went to the next scene (from button A to B) button A still flashed...
  2. programming buttons for effects, does this work based on the effect enabled in the preset? The video showed me how to do it but say I want to add a second boost or another effect would I need to put it in a block?
  3. I think this was asked in this thread and the answer is no; can I get the MC6 to read the names from the FM3?

1. I think this was asked in this thread and the answer is no; can I get the MC6 to read the names from the FM3?

I can't access their Facebook page right now cause Facebook is down, but this morning Morningstar announced an update for the MC6/MC8 that will allow it to read scene/present data from the Axe FX III. Not sure if this applies to the FM3 too but could be worth checking out when Facebook comes back online.

I can't access their Facebook page right now cause Facebook is down, but this morning Morningstar announced an update for the MC6/MC8 that will allow it to read scene/present data from the Axe FX III. Not sure if this applies to the FM3 too but could be worth checking out when Facebook comes back online.

That's great news (and probably on their site).

Coming from Kemper Stage.
I plan on using my FM3 in a song mode.
Where each song is a preset.
I will use the three buttons on the FM3 for scene 1,2,3
I plan on using the MC6 for scene 4,5,6
I then want to use the top 3 rows for effects.
I was able to get the scenes programmed based on Roby's videos THANK YOU!

Questions from videos.
  1. Can I make the screen flash for the scene I am on? I got it to turn the flash on but when I went to the next scene (from button A to B) button A still flashed...
  2. programming buttons for effects, does this work based on the effect enabled in the preset? The video showed me how to do it but say I want to add a second boost or another effect would I need to put it in a block?
  3. I think this was asked in this thread and the answer is no; can I get the MC6 to read the names from the FM3?
Until today no. But with new firmware 3.9 (for mc8…. Mc6 I don’t know) yes. Obviously you must use 2 midi cable (in e out) to and from fractal.

Facebook is on. Now.

243668839_4494544923934246_8686155141925491553_n.jpg

Update is for the MC6 and the MC8 which is awesome. No information yet is this is applicable to the FM3, but someone has asked this on the announcement thread so hopefully there will be an answer soon.

Hey @Roby Rocks do you have plans to do a video on how to do channel changes and block bypass with the MC8 by chance? I have one coming to me this week and I'm excited to step away from axe edit for a bit.

For my usage the new integration for the fm3 is useless. Since you can just use scenes and presets without scrolling. That is in my case 5 scenes and/or presets. Anyway, a nice step forward and hopefully usefull for a lot of users.

I couldnt get integration to work so tried programming preset + scenes as laid out by MC and @Roby Rocks

The issue I hit is recalling my presets (high 300's) resulted in bank changes as well. Someone on the MC forum said that PC#14 recalls bank 15, which is what I experience with that PC. However that would still come into effect in banks 000-127.

I have the PC/CC correct but it changes banks on me. The scene +/- and 1-7 bank operates it as it should. Axe and MC8 on midi ch1. Same behaviour if MC8 is on ch2.

Update: Solved!

So one of the MC forum users was correct in there being a MIDI loop, however changing MIDI channels on the MC8 didn't work because the axe was still sending data back. I changed the "send MIDI PC" in the axe to ch2 and now everything runs as it should. Next up I'll look up how to use modifiers via MIDI.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom