More Negative Feedback?

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
@FractalAudio, i love the way negative feedback sculpts the sound but i often feel i'd like to go past 10.
Would it have any sense?
And is there already a way to achieve this?

If not would it be possible to introduce a sort of mv trim-like for negative feedback?

Increasing negative feedback flattens the frequency response and increases linearity. You can achieve similar results by flattening the impedance curve in the Speaker page and increasing Power Tube Hardness.
Thanks,
The strange thing is i feel the sound gets more bass and treble as the negative feedback is raised, so that would be the opposite of flattening response no?

Thanks,
The strange thing is i feel the sound gets more bass and treble as the negative feedback is raised, so that would be the opposite of flattening response no?
Fletcher-Munson. Also, the highs and lows don't clip as early which can give the illusion of a more scooped response.

Thanks,
Sometimes, “more bass and treble” = “less midrange” = flattening. :)

Also, if the frequency response of the feedback loop isn’t flat, you get different amounts of negative feedback at different frequencies, and that has its own effect on response.

i love the way negative feedback sculpts the sound but i often feel i'd like to go past 10.

Pardon the interruption:

giphy.gif

I felt it had to be said....

This sounds like a hybrid joke between Spinal Tap, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters.

What's kinda scary to me is that it makes actual sense to Cliff. I listened to bits and pieces of the lectures M@ posted, and it's all way beyond my level of thinking. Then again, I have the math skills of a turnip.

You learn something every day. Many things around here...

Ok, i've watched the whole video series, i've understood few things here and there. Thanks for sharing, it was very instructing. I'll have to get back to it in few days in order to have a chance to understand it all, my maths lessons are quite far ^^

Back
Top Bottom