More Classic Priest "Another Thing Comin'" AxeFx2 VIDEO Me Again

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I had time so here I go. Hope you guys aren't getting sick of this. I haven't played this song in a million years and I never learned the solo, always just totally faked it. I tried to learn it a little bit closer to the original today but there are clams all over the song..lol.

Reamped Axe2 using it's USB audio interface. The backing track was off the web. Only guitar on the BT was the solo rhythm, everything else was 1 performance I recorded. Total 4 tracks from that performance, 2 separate presets all based on #370 again. No track Eq's or filters were used.

I used my Suhr with Aldrich pickups. Such a killer guitar!

The backing track was a bit of a nightmare to mix with but it was on the web and free..lol.

Mark

Clams all over? You're joking right? Awesome tone and playing yet again. You're making me give up on playing if you keep this up LOL!!

Damn... if those are clams, they are tasty clams. Love that song, love what you did with it.

Reamping is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I've always loved this song! Its an adrenaline pumper. Great job mark! Keep em coming. I doubt there would be any complaining.

Thanks Glen!

Damn... if those are clams, they are tasty clams. Love that song, love what you did with it.

Reamping is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Lots of timing clams, lol. I wasn't paying attention at times hehe. Isn't that reamping the coolest feature, I can't get enough.
Thanks for the kind words Scott, much appreciated!

Mark

Woo hoo....another favorite tune from my generation - that was AWESOME, Mark!! Totally enjoyed listening and watching the vid...great work on the solo!

Not a big Priest fan; but you're changing that. I'll never tire of your videos; they're fun, educational (did I just say that?), and Oh that tone!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My all time FAV Priest song! You slay Mark, man I need to get myself up to Canada and get some lessons from ya!

Awesome again! Nice guitar curious what is the wood of the body and neck?

Body is mahogany with a quilt maple top and the neck is mahogany with an Indian rosewood fretboard :)

Mark

Bloodstone!
that whole album killed...
I think you dialed in the HOLY GRAIL (370 patch)...I haven't heard anything better for the true metal tube sound.

Maiden next? number of the Beast with a little tasty phaser at the beginning?! (after some Dream Theater of course), awesome as always! ps did you turn off the delay or reverb during the solo, or just boost it with the emg thing, it comes out very clear and in the front! cool

Mark,
Great video/playing!!! 8)
It tickles me pink to know that this device can replicate mixing ones self into a backing track and sound so professional :twisted (with the right skills I can be a legend in my own mind, thanks to Cliff!!!)
I love playing thru your patch 370! I have a few questions if you don't mind them...
1) Are you toggling the delay x/y to get more bite during the lead? (image below)
2) Is there a reason you have the 3 paths to the output? (image below)
3) Do you stereo "place" the reamped tracks for further separation between the different tones?
4) Are you only monitoring through the speakers seen on your desk? (I have some vintage Infinity OVTR-2's that sound awesome, but I wondered what the difference would be between them and the Behringer Truths if I flatten their response)
MarkDay370Patch.JPG
Thanks again for the reamp instructions...YOU ROCK!!!, and I apologize for the newbie questions!
Greg

Well, you know what they say, Mark...when life hands you clams...make chowdah!!! LOL And you can serve this stuff up all day long. Nice job. Again. For the 100th time. Yikes, I gotta go practice. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom