mono / stereo connections & settings question please

kloppsta

hi all,

apologies in advance for this possibly "nOOb" question :)

i have my axe fx 2 connected as per the attached picture. i have a few pedals in the fx loop.

i am just wondering if this connection/cable configuration is "correct" and also how i should setup my axe fx?

should i set Output 1 and Output 2 on the axe both to "STEREO" ? how about SUM L+R or COPY L>R or Mono and Stereo at Once (as per page 159 in the manual)

im a little confused and would really appreciate any assistance!

thanks!
connections.jpg

My first question is: why would you want to run those pedals in the loop? The Axe probably covers any pedals you might already have.

My first question is: why would you want to run those pedals in the loop? The Axe probably covers any pedals you might already have.

lol, i have had that question before. i realise the axe can replicate these pedals but i just like having them on the floor at my feet. i do things with the carbon copy, el capistan and wet reverb that requires the "tactile" knob tweaking on-the-fly. so this setup just works best for me.

Mono on the fx loop, stereo on the output (if you want to add stereo effects after the loop).

cable configuration looks correct.

I think you have your pedals cabled in backwards. You've got the output of the last pedal connected to the Axe's Output 2. Likewise, you have the two inputs wired together.

Mono on the fx loop, stereo on the output (if you want to add stereo effects after the loop).

cable configuration looks correct.

thanks, just to clarify, when you say mono on the fx loop....do you mean i should set Output 2 to SUM L+R or COPY L>R ??

I think you have your pedals cabled in backwards. You've got the output of the last pedal connected to the Axe's Output 2. Likewise, you have the two inputs wired together.

oops! i had it wrong in the pic but its correct in reality :) thanks for noticing!

attention JavaJunkie - thanks for your help....would you mind clarifying - "when you say mono on the fx loop....do you mean i should set Output 2 to SUM L+R or COPY L>R ??" thanks! :)

attention JavaJunkie - thanks for your help....would you mind clarifying - "when you say mono on the fx loop....do you mean i should set Output 2 to SUM L+R or COPY L>R ??" thanks! :)

It doesn't matter unless you make the signal stereo before the loop for some reason. Also note that stereo & Copy L>R are the same since you're only taking the left channel.

Back
Top Bottom