ML Class-A in a mix test!

Sound awesome !... could you please send me Wave file I'm hearing a guitar solo from 1:09 to the end, I'm interesting to record and post it for you :)

so that was the real 64 AC30 into your ir's?

No that was the Class-A 30 TB amp sim with these very basic settings:

ml%20class%20a.jpg

I did throw a delay in front of that amp block for some of those layers but other than that everything is thanks to that SM57-MD421 IR I'm using. I think it has to be an Alloy Ace IR for the pack it's simply a perfect match for that amp sim. :)

Incubus is only the best band in the world IMO so that's a really big compliment... although we're just talking about an intro loop. :) Thanks man!
The intro riff had the flavor of that song too. I've heard your other stuff that definitely has the influence too. I would agree. I was in a Incubus tribute in college. The Warmth is my all time fav.

The intro riff had the flavor of that song too. I've heard your other stuff that definitely has the influence too. I would agree. I was in a Incubus tribute in college. The Warmth is my all time fav.

Yeah I'm definitely a huge fan also. Check this project out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dc18dr9F2M <--- I write the songs in that one and I think our vocalist is also quite Brandon Boyd-ish sounding. :)

Sounds great, using Cab Pack 13 for my rhythm and lead guitars with the Friedman HBE so might have to get this whenever it's released to go with my clean sounds :)
Have to ask again, what are you doing to get those drums to sound that good? You mentioned earlier that it's just EZDrummer 2 with the basic kit but I really can't get it to sound like that, the snare drum always has too much of the under mic mixed in to get it punchy like that.
I have no problem getting a great metal sound using Metal Machine in EZD2 but I really feel like I need a good rock kit :p

Sounds great, using Cab Pack 13 for my rhythm and lead guitars with the Friedman HBE so might have to get this whenever it's released to go with my clean sounds :)
Have to ask again, what are you doing to get those drums to sound that good? You mentioned earlier that it's just EZDrummer 2 with the basic kit but I really can't get it to sound like that, the snare drum always has too much of the under mic mixed in to get it punchy like that.
I have no problem getting a great metal sound using Metal Machine in EZD2 but I really feel like I need a good rock kit :p

I was actually just trying the Class-A IRs on high gain and they work remarkably well with high gain also although I'm sure that's a crime in some countries. :lol

I think that's the DW snare from that basic EZD2 kit. I did some tricks to add some weight but make sure to choose the right MIDI key for that snare. Don't use the regular snare hit for punchy parts but instead use the rim shot. It should be the next note up from the regular snare hit. Oh and full power on those snare hits. Then to add some weight you might want to add some saturation and lower harmonics.

Back
Top Bottom