Casimir

Inspired
Hello all,

I just bought a mission SP1, and I am trying to use the toe switch as a stand in switch to change scenes on the FM3. It turns out that the SP1 toe switch is latching, and so instead of button down = high, and button up = low, we have one press sets the value to high and the next full press sets the switch to low. The issue with this is I have to press the button twice to register a button press (high to low). I could not find any settings that would make it work properly as a stand in switch.

Is there any way to configure the FM3 to accept a latching footswitch as a stand in switch? If not, is there a way to select a scene when a switch goes high?

Thanks,
- Nolan

Hello all,

I just bought a mission SP1, and I am trying to use the toe switch as a stand in switch to change scenes on the FM3. It turns out that the SP1 toe switch is latching, and so instead of button down = high, and button up = low, we have one press sets the value to high and the next full press sets the switch to low. The issue with this is I have to press the button twice to register a button press (high to low). I could not find any settings that would make it work properly as a stand in switch.

Is there any way to configure the FM3 to accept a latching footswitch as a stand in switch? If not, is there a way to select a scene when a switch goes high?

Thanks,
- Nolan
You could replace the switch with a momentary switch....

On my AX8 I used the SP1 switch to toggle between the pedal being wah or volume. Never figured out if there was any chance of it acting as a whammy pedal as well, without changing preset where this was configured.

SP1 as wah, whammy or volume within the same preset... Any ideas as to whether this is possible in some clever way? (only using the SP1 switch)

Hello all,

Thanks,
- Nolan
No because of how it sends the message. Momentary is needed to determine tap vs hold (regardless if only tap is used).

On my AX8 I used the SP1 switch to toggle between the pedal being wah or volume. Never figured out if there was any chance of it acting as a whammy pedal as well, without changing preset where this was configured.

SP1 as wah, whammy or volume within the same preset... Any ideas as to whether this is possible in some clever way? (only using the SP1 switch)
different topic completely. you should start your own thread to get the best answers.

Thanks for the replies. That makes sense that there would be no way to distinguish a tap vs hold on a latching switch. Looks like I can return the sp-1 since I bought it new, so I'll probably swap it for a different version with a momentary switch.

Back
Top Bottom